Tailors, Bangkok

Know about this? Rate It!

• Tailors
    by Snipernurse
    Crown Tailor view from across the road
    by AhmedU1
  • Tailors
    by best123
  • steven1117's Profile Photo

Ana Fashion: Best Custom-made suits

by steven1117 Written Aug 19, 2008

Men's and Women's custom-made suits, shirts, dresses, etc.

What to buy: There are many tailors to choose from, but unless you know the shop, the owner, and the quality of fabric and construction, you might be disappointed.
    This shop was referred to me, and I had all of my work done in just a few days. I bought 3 custom linen suits, 6 shirts (some silk, some cotton) and a couple of ties. What you pay will depend on fabric and many other variables, so I need not provide a price here.
    Ask for Andy.

What to pay: Too many variables to provide a price. Everything is custom.

• listenandlearn's Profile Photo

Tailors: Tunic dress

by listenandlearn Written Jun 30, 2008

Hi there,
    Many thanks for your suggestions, we ended having a private tailor sew the TUNIC DRESS for us, which came out about the same as when purchasing it ready made yet we were able to choose the material, colour and real silk...again Many thanks to all!
    Cheers!

• Century Collection: Best & Most recommend tailor in Bangkok

by Verboom29 Updated Jun 17, 2008

The quality and service was excellent !!

The suit is very HIGH quality and FIT perfectly !!!

I here in Bangkok three time a year for the pass 8 years. I have tried many tailor in Bangkok, but none work !! It was all about poor qaulity and service.

NOW I FOUND CENTURY COLLECTION !!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND

What to buy: I would like to extend my thanks to the guy at Century Collection. The service was excellent & I would not hesitate to recommend them to others. My wife and I had a superb suits back home.

The quality and service was excellent !!

The suit is very HIGH quality and FIT perfectly !!!

NOW I FOUND CENTURY COLLECTION !!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND

What to pay: Any credit card

• Snipernurse's Profile Photo

Tailors: Unless you're an expert, don't buy

by Snipernurse Written May 23, 2008

Everywhere I have read and everyone I have talked to says don't but a tailored suit in Thailand. Unless you are an expert in fabrics and tailoring, you are almost assured of getting a suit of poor quality and that won't fit that well. It takes at least three fittings to accurately fit a suit, unless you meet with a tailor who wants to schedule those three you are at risk for not fitting the suit well. The tailors that tuk tuk drivers may take you to are especially suspicious. I recommend that if you go to a suit shop, try on a suit, tell the salesman you are a lawyer or doctor from the United States, get him all excited that you are going to buy a suit, and then leave abruptly, it makes for a great time to see the look on his face! and for good chuckles at the bar later that night.

• Tailors: Unpleasant experience at Pinky tailor

by raindrops1978 Written May 22, 2008

My gf and I were in BKK recently to tailor our shirts and in a nutshell, Pinky tailors ruin the whole trip for us. This is my fourth tailor; I have tried crown tailor, tony fashion house and one more at phuket.

If you are a big spender, pinky will grin from ear to ear at you and offer you everything. But otherwise, do beware. We spend a total of 11,900 baht which is not a whole lot but to us, it is a decent amount (8 shirts and 1 pants) to start off with, especially with a new tailor.

I was eager to visit his shop as some friends recommended him to me. However, it soon became clear that he was not really interested in making you feel welcome or at the very least not making our trip unpleasant. After 45 minutes of looking around the shop for fabrics, he sniggered and told us that we were taking 30 months to select the fabrics and that he will take less time to tailor the shirts. Being a sucker for his wide selection of fabric, I tolerated that and felt that perhaps I was indeed taking a long time. Brushing it aside, we went ahead to get fitted by him. I expressly instructed him to incorporate French cuffs for my five shirts and I instructed him twice. When we returned for the fitting the next day, he insisted that I did not instruct him on the French cuffs. I distinctly remembered that I told him about it twice and each time he would respond with a dismissive “yes”.

Everyone has their “must-have” items in a tailored shirt. For me, these are French cuffs. The first item I would ask from a tailor are French cuffs. In fact, I requested him to add my initials to the French cuffs as he was charging, on average, 1500-1800 baht per shirt (which may seem low for some but to me, it is a little on the steep side). He refused saying that it is extremely troublesome. I dropped the idea since by then, I could sense hostility and that he was un-cooperative. I was prepared to be contended with just French cuffs.

As mentioned, Pinky insisted that I did not instruct him and did not even entertain the possibility that he could have failed to jot it down. According to him, it was impossible that he could have been wrong. He went on and complained to me about how customers (including me) want their shirts done this way, that way and how customers wanted what was on their friend’s shirt . Forgive me for missing something here but all I requested were French cuffs. In fact, I brought a shirt sample for him to follow. You may disagree with me but I really do not think that that is demanding. I had to pacify him in the end since my shirts were still in his hands.

He finally spoke his mind and wanted 200 baht extra for each shirt for the hassle of “changing” the normal cuffs to French cuffs. Again, I may be wrong here but I believe that when customers turn up for the first fit, only the first shirt is done up, not the rest of the shirts. In fact, he wanted us to do a fitting only on the last day, not the second day. We nevertheless turned up on the second day as I had to fit my pants.

I ended up paying 70 Singapore dollars for a tailored shirt (which to some may still be cheap) which was so “good” in fit that I had to bring it to my local tailor to make further alterations.

In short, if you are a big spender (20 to 30 shirts onwards), by all means, go to Pinky. He might even scrub your back for you. If you are budget spender or if you are just not willing to splurge on a tailor the first time or if you believe that a tailor should at least listen to his customers , please beware. His attitude sucks. I do not believe that a tailor should bend over backwards for his customers (although it would be nice) but please try not to make the customer feel as if he needs to appease the tailor. No prize for guessing who, in my humble opinion, deserves the title of “Worst tailor in Bangkok”.

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Shopping for suits and jewelry

by Ewingjr98 Updated May 18, 2008

Bangkok has a reputation for inexpensive quality suits and relatively cheap jewelry. I had a guard at the Grand Palace stop a tuk tuk and ask him to take me to the Chao Praya suit shop (and I didn't even want a suit). We stopped, and I talked to the salesman for a while then left, but my driver immediately took me to a jewelry store, then another suit shop. I ended up buying two suits for maybe US$200 at a shop called Interface. This is probably more expensive than you should pay, but hey, it was fun!

• emmet7's Profile Photo

Bangkok or ????????: tailors and bootmakers

by emmet7 Written Apr 11, 2008

Thailand has some great tailors but they are no longer deep discount, Laos and Cambodia both have better prices.

The boot makers I have visited in Thailand have been expensive and they cut the boots differently than they would in Mexico or Texas.

If you have some clothes or boots now that you like; I recommend you have somebody copy them in the material of your choice in India (or China) Enjoy!

What to buy: knock offs, silk ties

What to pay: varies

• Bangkok Tailors House: Tailor

by gj47 Written Mar 28, 2008

I recently had three suits made at this shop one for myself and one each for my adukt son and daughter who were in Australia. The suits for my son and daughter only required minor adjustments back home. I had an Armani two piece suit made and the other two were Cashmere, the shop also threw in four silk ties and one made to measure shirt for a total cost of AUD700. The service was great and I had three fittings. The shop is in the MBK Shopping Centre on the third level which was attached to our hotel.

What to buy: Mens suits and shirts

• gaolei's Profile Photo

Rajawongse Clothier by Jessy & Victor: A good tailor you can trust

by gaolei Written Nov 22, 2007

Enter the shop and ask for Jesse. You will know him when you see him. Just look for a turbaned guy with a mustache. Also look at the signed photos of him with US presidents, generals and heads of state. Jesse is famous!

I went there with a friend who has lived in Thailand for 18 years. He and Jesse ride Harleys together. He always gets his suits here.

We went there to buy some black fabric to repair a display we were using at an exhibition. When he saw my friend, he knew him immediately and said how can I help you. We asked to buy cloth but he gave it to us free. When was the last time you saw a Bangkok tailor give something away? When you buy from Jesse, you have a friend for life!

What to buy: Top quality suits and clothing for men

What to pay: Reasonable, He compeats well with the other guys selling suits, but he is trustworthy

• thedouglas's Profile Photo

Tailors: A R Mani

by thedouglas Updated Jun 18, 2007

We have been happy with a number of items made for us at A R Mani tailor, which is in the KhaoSan Road Area. Contact is with Raj - who has always been helpful and obliging. Recently had 2 suits and 12 shirts made for husband, and a cashmere suit made for son, who was not with us - only minor alterations required at home. Very reasonable prices, compared to other bad experience we have had. Has also made cashmere, leather and silk/linen jackets for other family members. We have also sent friends over, who have been very satisfied with the overall service and quality of garments.

What to buy: Men's or women's clothing well made at this store.

• Women's Travel

• bigjayuk's Profile Photo

New Landmark Fashions: Mike to the recue

by bigjayuk Updated Feb 11, 2007

Ladies and gents tailors.
    Arrived in Bangkok on the 19 January. Airline lost my case with all my clothes in it. Went into the shop at 5 30 pm and imformed Mike of my problem and told him that I needed some pants for 9 pm that evening. No problem,Mike tailored me 2 pair of pants and delivered them personally to my hotel at 8 30 pm. the garments were tailored superbly and fitted like a glove considering the short time he had to make them. I returned to the shop and ordered a further 2 pair of pants ,1 suit ,2 suits and 3 dresses for my wife and a further 5 dress shirts. I can not recommend these people highly enough for their friendly manner ,superb workmanship and reasonable prices.If anyone requires tailored garments in a hurry,then this is the shop to go to.
    Thank you Mike,Aoi, and Poppa Bob. Look forward to meeting you all again next January

What to pay: Not the cheapest as the workmanship shows,but definitly the best in my opinion

Mike with another satisfied customer.
    • Seniors

• SurfaceTravel's Profile Photo

Boss Apparels: Not as good as before, but great massage

by SurfaceTravel Written Aug 29, 2006

Boss Apparels is a tailor shop for men's and women's clothing on Rama 1 Road, opposite the National Stadium and MBK. It is run by Mack, a really friendly guy. He will remember you if he's seen you before and will offer exceptional service from start to finish. We used him on at least three different trips.

The last time, however, the product wasn't really up to par. That, or my standards have risen. I ordered 2 suits and 4 shirts. All were completed on time. The stitching wasn't even on the shirts, not a uniform distance between the edge and the stitch. One sleeve wasn't exactly right, even after the third fitting (and I was out of time to do anything about it). Back home, the suits looked cheap when compared side by side with a £200 suit off the shelf in London. My wife had similar observations about her clothing.

The clothing wasn't horrible, but I now wonder if you're not better off simply buying better quality products off the shelf back home. We won't be buying there again, nor from any tailor in Bangkok. I think you get what you pay for, and my next tailored suit will be from Manhattan, Paris, Rome, or London, if I can ever afford it.

What to buy: It's a shame, because Mack is a really nice guy. I'm sure it goes beyond pure salesmanship. The last time I was there with a friend. We went the first day after arriving by train and we were complaining of being sore from the journey. Mack insisted and insisted, and after work he took us along with him and his assistant to a massage parlour. It wasn't that kind of massage, and Mack paid for it. It is an interesting story unto itself.

I forget where the place was, but ask Mack where you can get a great authentic Thai massage at cheap non-tourist prices.

• Luxury Travel

• Amari Fashion: Unhappy experience with Bangkok Tailor

by Daphnegirlie Written Aug 19, 2006

My second unhappy experience with Amari Fashion (Part 2)..

We decided not to let him off the hook that easily so we get our fren whom is flying to bangkok for business trip to take the 3 shirts back to him. Inside the bag, we attached a drawing in it to specifically tell him where the problems and provided him with the exact measurement. At the same time, I gave him a call to ask him to do a good job since he got 4 days to correct it. Again, he said.. "no problem, don't worry. Ask your friend to bring it over".

The 3 shirts were passed to him on monday nite. I called him on Tuesday night if my friend can receive the shirts on Wednesday so we can check to see if the shirts were altered ok. He said "Possible, we can do that. Give me his room no and hotel". We gave him the information. The shirts never arrived that wednesday nite. I called him on the same night and he told me "the factory was closed, I pass to your fren tom... I can't talk to you now as I got clients now in the shop" and he hangs up. Gosh, how I wish I can be there at the shop and give him a scolding.

Comes thursday nite, my friend said he didnt receive the shirts. Again, I gave David a call and he didn't pick up his mobile. Called the office, no one picks up the call. I have no choice but to trouble my Thai client to give him a call, I was told that the shirts were in the shop but he has no time to deliver.

I was like "hey, you are the one that told me you are going to deliver the shirts". He is just a tailor who keeps giving me different excuses and shows no professionalism at all. My Thai client will be coming down this month to pass me the 3 shirts that she's going to collect from the shop for my behalf. I do not expect the alterations to be done at all and has no hope that those shirts can be worn on the wedding day. I am suspecting that the shirts were never delivered to the factory for alternation at all. I will know when I see the shirts.

• Amari Fashion: Unhappy experience with Bangkok Tailor

by Daphnegirlie Written Aug 19, 2006

Would like to offer some advices to those who are coming down to Bangkok for their tailored shirts/Suit/Pants. Never go for any tailor who keeps saying "no problem, ok, don't worry". You will most probably find yourself in my shoe if your tailored clothing needs alteration. Yes, do not make the rest of the payment until you see the final products.

Here's my story. My first unhappy experience...

We came across "Amari Fashion" which was very near to where we stay, the First Hotel off Petchburi Road. David, the guy from the tailor shop entertained us and we didn't waste too much time to decide on this shop as it was very convenient to make trips down to the shop for the fitting appointments.

We had our fitting the next day. My fiance's shirt's sleeves were long and needed alteration. My bro's suit jacket was ok except the suit pant which needed alteration. We made a few notes to David on what needs to be altered and reminded him that we are leaving bangkok the next day and hope that he can do a good job in the shirts as they were meant to be worn on the wedding day.

David said "no problem, ok, don't worry. We will do that for you and send it to your hotel at night." Then, I asked him what time his shop opens the next day. He said 11am.

My fiance got the shirts the next morning from the hotel's reception area and try it on the immediately. The sleeves were above his watch. How can the sleeves be altered to a length that stops above the wrist watch! In addition, the sleeves looks wide and fat, it looks odd! That was 9+am. I called David, he said his shop opens at 12pm. I told him "That's fine", we will wait at your shop @ 12pm. Please do not be late as I got a plane to catch".

We waited at the shop for half an hour. We called and David said "I'm reaching, I'm reaching "but he never show up and we had to leave for airport with the 3 shirts that can't be worn at all...

• Clodagh's Profile Photo

Getting clothes made.

by Clodagh Written Jul 10, 2006

There are shops all over Thailand and Vietnam that will make up clothes for you for next to nothing. It is a good idea to pick out some ideas of what you want at home and bring them with you. I recommend getting them in Hoi An in Vietnam but if you are not travelling on there get them done here. Shop around to find out what the average price is. I bought a long winter coat that i'd drawn up for $19- and 3 years later i still use it.

What to buy: It's a good place to buy something more formal (as they're the dearest at home) like suits or formal dresses.

Instant Answers: Bangkok

• Jul 16, 2013 at 3:38 AM

I also went to Adam and Eve to buy a suit and found it great! I bought 2 suits, a shirt and a tie for 1200 Baht. I chose the shop because of their fabric - they had a great Irish Linen which look awesome. The tailoring was excellent and they understood how to shape the suit to your body, but you should go in there and have it all fitted (as with any tailor in Asia). If you had it posted and your body has changed, it's not going to be perfect. There is also a tailor next to Adam and Eve which means both are very competitive (so the quality and the deal you will get is much better).