Tailors, Bangkok

Know about this? Rate It!

• Tailors
  • cybergenic's Profile Photo

Manhattan: Tailor made suits

by cybergenic Updated Jan 30, 2005

General map of area

Tailored suits and shirts which are reasonably priced and really great quality.
    You choose the design and the fabric. They measure you up and 24 hours later your fully threaded up.

What to buy: Suits, shirts, ties

What to pay: 1 suit, 2 trousers, 3 shirts, 3 ties all custom tailored cost me 7000BAHT

• Casino and Gambling

• thedouglas's Profile Photo

Tailors: A R Mani

by thedouglas Updated Jun 18, 2007

We have been happy with a number of items made for us at A R Mani tailor, which is in the KhaoSan Road Area. Contact is with Raj - who has always been helpful and obliging. Recently had 2 suits and 12 shirts made for husband, and a cashmere suit made for son, who was not with us - only minor alterations required at home. Very reasonable prices, compared to other bad experience we have had. Has also made cashmere, leather and silk/linen jackets for other family members. We have also sent friends over, who have been very satisfied with the overall service and quality of garments.

What to buy: Men's or women's clothing well made at this store.

• Women's Travel

• perseushermes's Profile Photo

Stylo Tailor (previously O.M. Tailors): Tailor near emporium

by perseushermes Updated Apr 4, 2011

Location Map

Like any other tailor in Bangkok, they can provide the finished product (Shirts , Pants, Jackets) without hassle.
    BUT As most tailors know you may never come back again, they'll charge you extra.

For OM, they charge about Baht800 to Baht900 for the tailored shirts and Baht2000 to Baht2500 for working pants. Most of the time other tailors charge exhorbitant prices knowing that you may never come back. But its about 500 to 600 bh depending on the quantity of the shirts. [Update Nov 05 - Stylo now has a good deal and charges about BH500 per shirt, and may give additional discounts. The pants goes a bit cheaper too. I think it is the competition that is causing the price decrease]

OM charges reasonble and the guy is very nice. It will nice if you tell him that 0383 referred you to OM. He likes to keep up with his customers referrals. And he keeps cards of his customers which are from all over the world too! From the Wall Street guy to some guys from the Embassies nearby. [Update Nov 05 - Stylo is now under the care of James, Ronny is the other guy there , who will be able to help with it]

Always remember - Reasonable and fast (may not be up to your standard)
    Reasonable rate and time frame given to Stylo to make your tailored wear.
    I took
    (a) for a suit - 4 days and i went in for 2 fittings just to make sure it fit for my suit
    (b) Shirts - one fitting

What to buy: Working Shirts
    Working Pants
    Jackets (Bush Jacket)
    (Both mens and ladies)

What to pay: About Baht 800-900 per Shirt (micro cotton fibre and depending on quality)
    About Baht per pants
    jackets about Baht 3000
    [Update Nov 05 - Stylo now has a good deal and charges about BH500 per shirt, and may give additional discounts]
    [Update Dec 06 - The Baht has appreciated against the US Dollar. It might not be as cheap as Before. Just mention 0383 recommended you to OM. (The guys identifies me from my receipt no 0383), You prob get a decent price]

All depending on the material.

• Hewer's Profile Photo

Narry's Boutique: Hello Sir! A suit for you?

by Hewer Updated Apr 4, 2011

Narry's shopfront

Shopping around for a tailor can be a bewildering (not to mention annoying) experience. There are hundreds of tailors around the tourist areas of Bangkok and it seems like every one of them is out for the hard sell. I found Narry's by accident a couple of years ago and I've now bought ten suits from them. I've always been happy with what they've done for me and the turnaround time and overall service is excellent.

The operation is run and staffed by Indians and Burmese of Indian descent. Most of them speak English quite well and know their stuff. My wife and I actually got our wedding outfits made there and saved quite a lot of money. My wife took in a photograph from a magazine and they made it.

They are open from 9am till 8pm. Generally a suit takes 48 hours, though in one case they made two suits in 8 hours for me so I think it's possible to negotiate there.

What to pay: I pay 6000 baht per suit.

• sourbugger's Profile Photo

St Michaels fashion: Entering middle age (and spread)

by sourbugger Updated Jan 5, 2004

Suits for people with no heads

St Michael's of Khao san road is certainly not the cheapest tailor around - but he does appear to be one of the best.

I've always been impressed with the business ethics of the Sikh community, and this outfit (geddit ?) is no different.

So, I reach the age of 35 and buy my first fitted suit - and still way less than the cost of one off the peg in Burtons.

It took three fittings, but I was very pleased with the final result.

They have a pile of magazines in the shop, and the style can come from just about any range imaginable from Amarni to YSL.

They also do women's clothes as well. Nice people.

What to buy: The suit is the obvious choice - even if it does seem a bit odd buying in the centre of Backpacker land.

What to pay: About 60-70 pounds for a suit made from Kashmir wool.

• gaolei's Profile Photo

Rajawongse Clothier by Jessy & Victor: A good tailor you can trust

by gaolei Written Nov 22, 2007

Enter the shop and ask for Jesse. You will know him when you see him. Just look for a turbaned guy with a mustache. Also look at the signed photos of him with US presidents, generals and heads of state. Jesse is famous!

I went there with a friend who has lived in Thailand for 18 years. He and Jesse ride Harleys together. He always gets his suits here.

We went there to buy some black fabric to repair a display we were using at an exhibition. When he saw my friend, he knew him immediately and said how can I help you. We asked to buy cloth but he gave it to us free. When was the last time you saw a Bangkok tailor give something away? When you buy from Jesse, you have a friend for life!

What to buy: Top quality suits and clothing for men

What to pay: Reasonable, He compeats well with the other guys selling suits, but he is trustworthy

• Amari Fashion: Unhappy experience with Bangkok Tailor

by Daphnegirlie Written Aug 19, 2006

My second unhappy experience with Amari Fashion (Part 2)..

We decided not to let him off the hook that easily so we get our fren whom is flying to bangkok for business trip to take the 3 shirts back to him. Inside the bag, we attached a drawing in it to specifically tell him where the problems and provided him with the exact measurement. At the same time, I gave him a call to ask him to do a good job since he got 4 days to correct it. Again, he said.. "no problem, don't worry. Ask your friend to bring it over".

The 3 shirts were passed to him on monday nite. I called him on Tuesday night if my friend can receive the shirts on Wednesday so we can check to see if the shirts were altered ok. He said "Possible, we can do that. Give me his room no and hotel". We gave him the information. The shirts never arrived that wednesday nite. I called him on the same night and he told me "the factory was closed, I pass to your fren tom... I can't talk to you now as I got clients now in the shop" and he hangs up. Gosh, how I wish I can be there at the shop and give him a scolding.

Comes thursday nite, my friend said he didnt receive the shirts. Again, I gave David a call and he didn't pick up his mobile. Called the office, no one picks up the call. I have no choice but to trouble my Thai client to give him a call, I was told that the shirts were in the shop but he has no time to deliver.

I was like "hey, you are the one that told me you are going to deliver the shirts". He is just a tailor who keeps giving me different excuses and shows no professionalism at all. My Thai client will be coming down this month to pass me the 3 shirts that she's going to collect from the shop for my behalf. I do not expect the alterations to be done at all and has no hope that those shirts can be worn on the wedding day. I am suspecting that the shirts were never delivered to the factory for alternation at all. I will know when I see the shirts.

• streuner73's Profile Photo

Thai Square Fashion Co., Ltd.: Great Suits

by streuner73 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Now. I was told about this shop by a nice VT-member ;-)
    I called the shop, and the picked me up at the hotel in the morning. In the Shop the shop they showed me the different cuts, the materials and I made my choice. the measured me, and afterwards drove me where ever i wanted. The same day at night, i was picked up again at the hotel for the first fitting. one pair of trousers and a shirt where already done, the jacket was sittet to my body... again I got a ride back wherever i wanted to.
    the next day in the morning, the tailor came to my hotel with all items for the final fitting in my room. We discovered a few tiny mistakes, and he took the articles, which had to be redone with him. the same night everything was delivered to my hotel.
    It was en exelent service and great stuff...

What to buy: I bought 4 suits (cashmere) and 6 shirts, they also have Ladys fashion

What to pay: for the whole pack (4 suits + 6 shirts) i payed 60.000 bath (1.200,-EURO) without negotiating ... well, i was not used to this by then and for german standarts it was a great buy...

• Tailor Consultant: Tips on Tailors

by Seberus Updated Apr 4, 2011

I am here in Bangkok having spent a pretty penny on some suits. I am very hard to fit and equally hard to please. A genetleman here in Bangkok, who happens to be an expert tailor working for one of the shops, has befriended me and I have gotten from him some very valuable lessons in picking the right material and tailoring. I have asked Ram if I could post his name on Virtual Tourist and he has graciously agreed, so here it is along with his cell phone.....He works with Tony's Collections on Sukhumvit Road. What he can do is pick you up, take you to the tailor, make sure you get the right quality and fittings and see to it that you get what you are paying for.....in effect, your own personal tailor/consultant to help you navigate the tricky world of custom tailoring in Bangkok. Happy shopping:

Ram (66) 059162678

What to pay: Depends on the quality of the material. Ram would receive a modest commission from the tailor-- much lower than the commissions that hotel concierges can get just for recommending a tailor.

• Amari Fashion: Unhappy experience with Bangkok Tailor

by Daphnegirlie Written Aug 19, 2006

Would like to offer some advices to those who are coming down to Bangkok for their tailored shirts/Suit/Pants. Never go for any tailor who keeps saying "no problem, ok, don't worry". You will most probably find yourself in my shoe if your tailored clothing needs alteration. Yes, do not make the rest of the payment until you see the final products.

Here's my story. My first unhappy experience...

We came across "Amari Fashion" which was very near to where we stay, the First Hotel off Petchburi Road. David, the guy from the tailor shop entertained us and we didn't waste too much time to decide on this shop as it was very convenient to make trips down to the shop for the fitting appointments.

We had our fitting the next day. My fiance's shirt's sleeves were long and needed alteration. My bro's suit jacket was ok except the suit pant which needed alteration. We made a few notes to David on what needs to be altered and reminded him that we are leaving bangkok the next day and hope that he can do a good job in the shirts as they were meant to be worn on the wedding day.

David said "no problem, ok, don't worry. We will do that for you and send it to your hotel at night." Then, I asked him what time his shop opens the next day. He said 11am.

My fiance got the shirts the next morning from the hotel's reception area and try it on the immediately. The sleeves were above his watch. How can the sleeves be altered to a length that stops above the wrist watch! In addition, the sleeves looks wide and fat, it looks odd! That was 9+am. I called David, he said his shop opens at 12pm. I told him "That's fine", we will wait at your shop @ 12pm. Please do not be late as I got a plane to catch".

We waited at the shop for half an hour. We called and David said "I'm reaching, I'm reaching "but he never show up and we had to leave for airport with the 3 shirts that can't be worn at all...

• bigjayuk's Profile Photo

New Landmark Fashions: Mike to the recue

by bigjayuk Updated Feb 11, 2007

Mike with another satisfied customer.

Ladies and gents tailors.
    Arrived in Bangkok on the 19 January. Airline lost my case with all my clothes in it. Went into the shop at 5 30 pm and imformed Mike of my problem and told him that I needed some pants for 9 pm that evening. No problem,Mike tailored me 2 pair of pants and delivered them personally to my hotel at 8 30 pm. the garments were tailored superbly and fitted like a glove considering the short time he had to make them. I returned to the shop and ordered a further 2 pair of pants ,1 suit ,2 suits and 3 dresses for my wife and a further 5 dress shirts. I can not recommend these people highly enough for their friendly manner ,superb workmanship and reasonable prices.If anyone requires tailored garments in a hurry,then this is the shop to go to.
    Thank you Mike,Aoi, and Poppa Bob. Look forward to meeting you all again next January

What to pay: Not the cheapest as the workmanship shows,but definitly the best in my opinion

• Seniors

• steven1117's Profile Photo

Ana Fashion: Best Custom-made suits

by steven1117 Written Aug 19, 2008

Men's and Women's custom-made suits, shirts, dresses, etc.

What to buy: There are many tailors to choose from, but unless you know the shop, the owner, and the quality of fabric and construction, you might be disappointed.
    This shop was referred to me, and I had all of my work done in just a few days. I bought 3 custom linen suits, 6 shirts (some silk, some cotton) and a couple of ties. What you pay will depend on fabric and many other variables, so I need not provide a price here.
    Ask for Andy.

What to pay: Too many variables to provide a price. Everything is custom.

• AhmedU1's Profile Photo

Crown Tailor: Memorable Experience

by AhmedU1 Updated Jan 14, 2014

Crown Tailor view from across the road

Last year I visited Bangkok with my girlfriend – on our long awaited holidays – but not without a little catch. Being one of the partners in the automobiles business, I was supposed to meet a client in Bangkok before I could fly back to UK. On top of my girlfriend’s constant yawping about the meeting, I was informed at the Bangkok airport that some of our luggage was lost during the transit. Cliché! Right? At that moment I felt like I’m living in a movie where an unfortunate chain of event takes place, but contrary to that, the trips was one of the best vacations I have ever had.

After settling down in the hotel, I had to go look for a suit for my meeting, as we had to leave for Phataya for an overnight stay and after that to Phucket. I was not sure where to look; luckily, I stumbled upon Crown Tailor here on the internet. I was not sure if I should go for tailored suit but I decided to pay them a visit based on what people had to say about them on the internet. Situated not far from my hotel, Crown Tailor is not the only shop in the vicinity, so before I paid them a visit I had the chance to know the market better. Finally before buying anything I walked into Crown Tailors and 5 minutes in to it I knew I was ordering more than one suit that I needed for my meeting.

Lop was the attendant and unlike many attendants I have come across elsewhere, he focused on finding out about my requirement before referring any fabric item or styles. Once synched with me he went through some of the fabric options and thanks to my selected colour choice there, we were through it very quick. I picked two fabrics and then came the hard part i-e the styles. I was quite surprised about how much I have missed on fashion that past year and was not sure what I needed. And let me tell you I always took pride in my dressing sense backed up by the compliments I always receive. Lop helped me decide which style should I be picking for the meeting and which one would be the best for the party suit I was ordering.

I had changed my schedule a little to be back in Bangkok before the meeting, which gave me enough time to come in for the final fitting and beside a last minute cuff adjustment that I decided to have, everything was in perfect order. I walked into the meeting with the flawless confidence owing half of it to the flawless suit I was wearing. It is definitely the place where you would want to order a suit if you want to be in safe hands. Beside a little change of plan my time in Bangkok, Pataya and Phucket turned out to be one of the best holiday trips I have had, I owe Crown Tailors big time for making it happen.

What to buy: Men's clothing. Shirts, Coats, Suits and ties.

What to pay: Well worth every dime of what you pay. It normally depends on many things such as your choice of fabric and design and so on

• Luxury Travel

• Clodagh's Profile Photo

Getting clothes made.

by Clodagh Written Jul 10, 2006

There are shops all over Thailand and Vietnam that will make up clothes for you for next to nothing. It is a good idea to pick out some ideas of what you want at home and bring them with you. I recommend getting them in Hoi An in Vietnam but if you are not travelling on there get them done here. Shop around to find out what the average price is. I bought a long winter coat that i'd drawn up for $19- and 3 years later i still use it.

What to buy: It's a good place to buy something more formal (as they're the dearest at home) like suits or formal dresses.

• RosieMolly's Profile Photo

Tailors: Advice on Tailors

by RosieMolly Written Mar 28, 2006

Hi I have been to Thailand on 3 different occaisions and twice had suits made...My greatest hint would be to allow at least 3 days but more importantly...take your own fabric.A lot of the dyes used are not colourfast and I have had trouble particularly with linens and cotton.Often colour will rub off onto your skin or stain undergarments. With cottons and linens,the colour always seemed to wear quickly around the seams. The wool and wool blends are not always very good and do not wear well.Some of my suits have gathered 'balls' after a very short period of wear.Some of the polyester blends do not respond well to dry cleaning. If you live in Australia,I would say for the trouble and time that comparatively,it's not worth the money

Instant Answers: Bangkok

• Jul 16, 2013 at 3:38 AM

I also went to Adam and Eve to buy a suit and found it great! I bought 2 suits, a shirt and a tie for 1200 Baht. I chose the shop because of their fabric - they had a great Irish Linen which look awesome. The tailoring was excellent and they understood how to shape the suit to your body, but you should go in there and have it all fitted (as with any tailor in Asia). If you had it posted and your body has changed, it's not going to be perfect. There is also a tailor next to Adam and Eve which means both are very competitive (so the quality and the deal you will get is much better).