Spas - Massages, Bangkok

• FateD's Profile Photo

Good & Cheap Thai massage in Bangkok Review

by FateD Written Feb 3, 2013

Jam-Nien

I’ve been searching for good and cheap Thai experienced massage therapist in Bangok, Thailand for over 10 years. Now I’ve found her :)

I just found this place from my friend’s recommendation. This Thai massagist is working alone at her own room as you can see in the picture below. Her place is in Sukhumvit 101/1 Road. (Punnawithi BTS Skytrain Station and take a taxi to the end of the Soi)

She’s so specialised on oil massage using her elbow or can be called stripping—that is, the slow, continuous application of pressure with oil along a narrow and deep bank of tissue.

When I had the massage with her, I just told her that it’s painful on my shoulder, arm, and my back. That’s it. I didn’t need to point out where’re the deep tissues or tendons that caused pain. She just used her elbow to go around with the oil and finally found where’re the trouble spots or fasciitis. It’s so amazing.

She’s ceremonious person. She used her elbow searching for fasiciitis stroke by stroke. If it’s the trouble area, she paid special attention on fixing and getting rid of fasciitis on the specific spots in muscle and tendons which cause pain when pressed before going on to the others on my back.

Toward the end of our time, she tried so hard to get those knots out. Those knots have been there for years and haven't gone away, despite several massages. It took me 2 hours just for one side shoulder and back. I almost get rid of shoulder and back fasciitis in one side at that time. I came back the other week for another side since I didn’t have that much time.

After having the massage, the pain areas are not bruises, but are thought by some to be small areas of spasm. It may be caused by sudden trauma (like falling or being hit), or may develop over time from the stress and strain of heavy physical exertion or from repeated use of a particular muscle.

If you have Neck shoulder or back muscles fasciitis aches and tightness, I recommend her. Please note that I am not and was not sponsored by her. It’s my true heart to recommend you guys who live in Thailand and have the same problems as I used to have.

Her name is Jam-Nien. Her phone is 089-046-5396. SHE CANNOT SPEAK ENGLISH.

If you want to make an appointment, please ask your Thai friend to call. As she works alone, it might be difficult to make an appointment. If she does a good job, don’t forget to give her a tip :).

Please note that her place is not really neat, clean, and nice as other business Thai massage houses you’ve been as it’s her own room where she sleeps. If you don’t mind the package and are focusing on the quality. This place is for you!!

Her expertise on Thai massage helps you get into good shape faster, and with less stiffness and soreness. It helps you recover faster from heavy workouts, and relieves conditions which may cause injury.

Once again, SHE CANNOT SPEAK ENGLISH. Please ask your Thai friend to help.

For more photos, please refer to my blog at

darksideofme.exteen.com/20130112/good-cheap-thai-massage-in-bangkok-review

Hope this helps :)

• Eco-Tourism

• Rinjani's Profile Photo

Relax and Stretch in Thai Massage

by Rinjani Written Jun 10, 2012

Everywhere you go in Bangkok, there are always massage parlors offering service. In the road in front of our Rembrandt Hotel at Soi SHukumvit 18, there are number of massages, offering service starting from 200THB/hour.

Thai massage is very relaxing, as you are stretched by the therapist. You will be asked to change the clothes with loose outfit (yoga type of outfit). The problem with Thai massage (for me) is that you can’t fall asleep, as you need to stay awake during stretched.

• young_brit's Profile Photo

Relaxation in-between the madness

by young_brit Written May 25, 2012

Bangkok has so many great spas but So Thai Spa is my favourite. It is right in the centre of town but feels like it is on another planet... it is not a shop in a terrace house like many spas in Bangkok; it is a big detached house with beautiful gardens and water fountains... an indulging experience...

• My favorite spa - The Sense Of Spa in Silom Road

by johnryou Updated Apr 4, 2011

Thai Massage Room, my favorite place to relax

I love to get massage, and there's my favorite place in Silom road near Patpong. This place is across the Silom street to a building called United Center Building, where Siam Commercial Bank is located and a bakery called "Delifrance" in at the ground floor.

There is a small spa called "Sense Of Spa". Because I go to Silom often, and this place is cheap at daytime (They do happy hour until 3 PM for Thai massage), I like to get thai massage there. This is a small spa, but really quiet and you can get a clean single room to get massage. And at the daytime discount price, it's only 400 Baht, almost same price as street massage parlors, but with a single VIP room with orchid flowers on the sheet, background spa music during massage, this is just a best value for money. Also, if you are a lady looking for facial treatment, this place is famous for it's Decleor facial treatment courses.

Sometimes I try aromatherapy oil massage, and that's also great. My favorite therapist is called "Khun Rat", a small friendly lady but with a long years of therpist experience. (I forgot how old she is, but she was somewhere in late 30s).

• UKDaisy's Profile Photo

Get a massage to relax you before your flight

by UKDaisy Updated Apr 4, 2011

If you have some time to spare before your flight, why not get yourself a massage, at one of three branches of Chang Foot Massage & Spa in Suvarnabhumi Airport. Word of warning though, foot massages (generally) can be quite ticklish or painful at times.

• Singles

• Blind Massage

by jbkulp Written Mar 11, 2011

This is my favorite place to go for a Thai massage. Not only because you help out the blind who are the masseurs, but because they are professionally trained and know exactly what they are doing. To get there, take the BTS in the direction of On Nut and get off at the Ekamai station. Then head backwards in the direction from which the train is headed--On Nut-- and exit on the right. Walk straight ahead and cross the street. Turn right and walk down about 100 yards. You will see the massage parlor there. It costs 350 baht for a 2 hour massage. I was just there yesterday. You won't be disappointed.

• Spa in Bangkok

by karkat Written Feb 2, 2011

I visited Karbelka Spa on my recent trip to Bangkok. I had the old adress in Ekkamai but checked the website and they moved to Sukhumvit 10. I had their signature 90min Karbelka massage which was great for my aching muscles from all the Travelling, I also had a wax and facial as they were offering a special rate for 3 treatments. They are located close to Nana BTS and the website is www.karbelka.org Owner is a friendly English lady

• Karvervickat's Profile Photo

Good Professional Spa in Bangkok

by Karvervickat Written Mar 4, 2010

Karbelka Spa is in Sukhumvit area on Ekkamai street number 26/1 House 23. They offer strictly professional spa treatments, face, body and nails (wax included) the owner is English speaking and the staff have international experience. Well worth a try, prices are reasonable too. Call 023 810 174 or email info@karbelka.com

• Dahra Beauty and Spa

by jjmhen Written Jun 28, 2009

The Staff

Dahra Beauty & Spa is quite possibly Bangkok's best oasis of calm.

From the moment we entered the Spa's door we were treated almost as old friends by the most lovely receptionists. It seemed, right from the moment we entered that we'd reached the right place to receive much needed relief from the urban madness which stretched out for miles around us.

Nothing is rushed here and there is an extensive menu of treatments which you are free to browse at your own pace while savouring the thought of being thoroughly pampered just a few moments later. Thus my partner and I decided to escape the madness of midday Bangkok with what was simply described as a "Head and shoulders massage". And, we expected it to be good, given the Spa's most opulent ambience, attention to detail and most welcoming hospitality extolled to us on entry. But let's just say that our expectations weren't just exceeded as we were thoroughly satisfied on leaving. Don't miss spending at least an hour or two of your life at Dahra Beauty & Spa. Most highly recommended

• Luxury Travel

• ancient_traveler's Profile Photo

Thai Massage: The lazy person's guide to yoga

by ancient_traveler Updated Jul 16, 2008

Thai massage parlor, beside Samran Hotel

Spas and salons offering traditional Thai massage are as common in Bangkok as fruit vendors and dance remixes of 'My Humps'. Finding a location is not difficult, though discovering a high quality place that suits your particular fancy sometimes requires a bit of guidance. Many of the city's fine hotels these days sport their own lavish in-house spas too, where you'd be able to enjoy a wide range of spa and massage treatments. Also have a look at the advertisers on this page who are offering some great specials.

If you want to try the real thing, Wat Po (The Temple of the Reclining Buddha) offers Thai massage in its most traditional form, taken from the original inscriptions in stone commissioned by King Rama III, great-grandfather of the present king. The easiest way to get to Wat Po is by boat. Take the Chao Phraya River Express to the Tha Thien pier, then walk through the market and up the short street. Wat Po is directly across the intersection, on your right. On the left is the rear wall of the Grand Palace.

Open: 08:00 - 17:00 (massage available until 18:00).
    Location: Maharat Road, about a half mile south of the Grand Palace
    (Visitors must pay an entrance fee of 20 baht at the booths just inside the north or south, entrances.)

video from youtube:

• Snipernurse's Profile Photo

by Snipernurse Updated Jun 29, 2008

The usual massage garb

I never thought I'd ever say it, but I did in Thailand... "I think if I get another massage today I might be sick". Yes thats right. I had had enough of massages in Thailand. Not because they aren't great, cause they are, but because I decided to have one for 14 days straight, muscles can only get so loose! Thai massage is a great way to relax after a day of sightseeing, and is pretty cheap too! With the most expensive hour massage running no more than 20$ including tip. Definately have one a day until you feel like you can not stand another, because when you get home you won't be forking out the 60$ an hour it costs for a massage.

• nattybabe's Profile Photo

by nattybabe Written Jun 25, 2008

While in Thailand you must have a Thai massage. The price varies from city to city but I paid 160 Baht just off Khao San Road in a salon I found just simply by taking a walk. I decided to go in and I'm incredibly glad I did! It could be that I was exhausted from an overnight flight from Australia or it could be that she was a great massuer! Or a combination of both? All I know is that I felt incredibly relaxed afterwards and that it was worth the money.

I didn't realise I could bend that way! Basically what they do is massage you while you are fully clothed. They use their whole bodies in the massage including their feet and you will find yourself in the strangest positions all in the name of working your pressure points.

Absolutely magical!!

• Holistic Getaway

by teerex88 Written Jun 2, 2008

Not a spa, provide healing treatments promote health & total well-being through detoxifying. Far-infared meneral stone heat therapy, volcanic deep cleansing chi sand spa, far-infared beauty dome sauna, hydrology mineral jacuzzi bath. Please contact us for an experience of a lifetime...

send inquiries to rainbowarokaya_takorn@yahoo.com

• Religious Travel

• muratkorman's Profile Photo

by muratkorman Written Mar 29, 2008

After massage

You had a tiring day in Bangkok, visiting the temples, walking around, shopping and so on. Don't you need to relax? Well, Thai massage can give you this relaxation for a cheap cost. There are so many massage parlours all around Bangkok and the prices are very cheap. For an hour Thai massage, it will cost you around 200 THB. You also have other options such as foot massage or oil massage. Me and my girlfriend took a classic Thai massage for an hour and that was enough relaxing for us after a long day. We did the same the other day just before we headed to Bangkok Airport.

• PierreZA's Profile Photo

Do try!

by PierreZA Written Mar 29, 2008

A very familiar face in Bangkok

Traditionally Thai massage is something worth trying.
    There are many, many massage services all over Bangkok.
    Also try a foot massage - it is quite amazing what can be done to your feet in an hour's time.
    Average price (March 2008)
    Thai massage 200-300 Baht per hour
    Foot massage 150-100 Baht per hour
    Oil massages 300 Baht per hour

Instant Answers: Bangkok

• Jun 5, 2014 at 5:23 AM

Went to do the massage at "Baan Thai massage" soi langsuan, bkk one year ago and now back to bkk and come here again, they have done lots of renovations recently. Much nicer than before. Oil massage and foot massage were both fantastic!