Airport Transfers, Bangkok

Know about this? Rate It!

the ride
    pose with my friend
    by machomikemd
    common drop off area at departure
  • johnaalex's Profile Photo

From airport to hotel

by johnaalex Written Aug 18, 2010

The warnings about being ripped off at Bangkok airport can paint an overly gloomy picture of the situation there. I have been to Bangkok many times and over 99% of my cab rides have been without any problem at all. The fare from the airport to the city should be about 300-350 THB including Expressway Tolls. I often use a driver called Mr Tom, see my Bangkok pages for details, he has a meet and greet service which costs 500THB, the extra cost being for the fact that he will meet you outside the baggage claim area and help you with your bags to the car etc. The next option up cost wise is to use one of the Airport cars, around 1100THB - just look for the AOT desk in the baggage claim area. Most hotels will also arrange a meet and greet service and this tends to be the most expensive option.

Regards

John

• johnaalex's Profile Photo

Aiport Transfers

by johnaalex Written Mar 16, 2009

If you want something better than a meter taxi then I suggest you use the limo serice provided by the airport. No need to book on line, they have plenty of cars. Their desks are in the baggage claim area, just book your car while you wait for your bags.

Another option is to get your hotel to collect you, although this tends to be the most expensive option.

OR, you can do what I do and use Mr Tom - see my Bangkok pages for more info.

Regards

John

• AOT Limousine

by andrewchchoong Written Aug 7, 2008

I wanted to get a more comfortable transportation for my family of 5 from the airport to my hotel upon arrival and spotted AOT Limousine counter just in front of the baggage claim area. AOT arranged a van to take us to Grand President at Sukhumvit, Soi 11 for THB1200 (one way). I also booked the van with them to ferry us back to the airport from the hotel for the same fare. You can pay using your credit card and payment for toll is included in the fare. The journey took about 45 minutes and traffic was bad as we got nearer to the city. Overall, the ride was comfortable. The van, clean and new. On the day of our return, the van was already waiting for us before our appointed time. When we reached the airport, the driver got down, found us a trolley and unloaded our luggage for us.

• School Holidays
    • Business Travel

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Limousine Service to Bangkok

by machomikemd Written Jul 16, 2007

There are about 6 types of airport limousine service from suvarnabhumi to bangkok ranging from mercedes benzes to BMW's. The Limousine fare is at set rates between 600-1500 baht, depending on the type of limousine. I had a mercedes benz E class car as limousine service of which a friend of mine paid for FREE hehehe. (i wouldn't spend 1000 baht for just a limousine ride! i'd rather spend it on shopping!)

Limousine Counter is at Level 2, Baggage Claim Hall and Arrival Hall of Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Me at a Mercedes E Class hehe! pose with my friend common drop off area at departure the ride common pick up area at arrival
    • Luxury Travel

• heryanta's Profile Photo

If space and convenience is important...

by heryanta Written Jul 13, 2007

Sometimes I several important appointments during the day and I had to make sure that I'm on time for them; other times I just wanted to be able to do some work on the road; or I had important guests to take places.

I used Image Limo many times for such occasions and was never disappointed. They are always punctual and service is excellent.
    Their fleet is comprised mainly with Nissan Teana - comparable to the American Lincoln Towncar. The Teana's are fully equipped with DVD player and the drivers speak good enough English to converse - overall highly recommended.

• Nemoa's Profile Photo

Hike a taxi ride

by Nemoa Written Feb 5, 2006

Metered taxis are good and comparatively cheap way to get around Bangkok.
    Just make sure that the meter is on, that the driver speaks sufficient English to understand your destination and how to get there and do not hesitate. Quite often the cars are oldish and not as comfy as we know them here in Europe but they will have Air con and you won't breath the nasty fumes from the exhausts as you travel.

This, in Bangkok, is very much to say, believe me.

They will normally charge you an airport tax to take you from and to the airport but charges should be displayed inside the vehicle so you know.

Hey! Taxi!!