Taxis from Airport, Bangkok

Know about this? Rate It!

• Metered Taxi,Suvarnabhumi Airport,Bangkok.
    Metered Taxi,Suvarnabhumi...
    by Greggor58
  • Metered Taxi,Suvarnabhumi Airport,Bangkok.
    Metered Taxi,Suvarnabhumi...
    by Greggor58
  • Taxis from Airport
    by balhannah
  • Taxi from airport

by traveldude78 Written Jun 10, 2012

I would also say take a cab. Instead of getting one from outside arrival, go up to departure instead. It's slightly cheaper..I stayed at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit when I was in bangkok.

If I remember correctly, the fare from the airport to Sukhumvit was less than 500 baht. Just make sure that the driver turns on the meter, that way he doesn't just quote you any price. Happy travels!

• Winkie's Profile Photo

Taxi from airport

by Winkie Written Mar 27, 2011

Look for the public taxis outside the airport; there is a 50 baht surcharge, then we paid an additional 270 which was around $10 to take us directly to Khao San Rd. I think it would also depend on what time you arrive, we arrived at midnight so there probably wouldn't be much other public transportation anyway.

• Greggor58's Profile Photo

Airport Taxi...GROUND LEVEL…METERED TAXI...

by Greggor58 Written Mar 6, 2011

Metered Taxi,Suvarnabhumi Airport,Bangkok.

If you don’t mind spending a little more money for transit into Bangkok from the airport and depending on the time of day you will go into town from Suvarnabhumi Airport this might prove to be a decent way to spend a few extra Baht.

I found and used a METERED taxi on the GROUND LEVEL from Door 8. The doors are numbered and you will easily find the line for taxis, access is controlled and assigned in a pretty organized fashion. Go down a level from the main Arrivals level and you’ll find the taxis. I was staying in the Banglamphoo area and I think I paid about the equivalent of about $ 20.00 including the tolls used for the freeway. Given the distance involved I thought it was a pretty reasonable cost.

The LITTLE catch with using this mode of transit is that to save money in transit time its BEST for the driver to use the TOLL freeway and you must pay for the TOLL in addition to the taxi fare, however in the long run it’s still faster than using the buses that are available.

If I was arriving mid day during the week I would consider other cheaper options to get into the city because of traffic congestion but during off hours this proved to be a fast and efficient way to get to my accommodation. Nowadays the airport is served by a sky train to move you to the downtown area of Bangkok so the train might be a better option for you although I like the idea of hopping into a taxi.

If you use the taxis on the MAIN floor Arrivals level you can negotiate a fixed rate but it will not be metered and it’s MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE so BEWARE of this….CHEAPER and METERED taxis are to be found on the ground floor level below ARRIVALS…take the elevator or escalator down and walk to door 8.

• Museum Visits
    • Photography

Airport to Airport

by bulldogtwo Written Nov 24, 2009

Hi Jan, very easily. Should only take you about 20-30 by taxi, at most. I don't know what bus takes you there but you will have plenty of time to spare either way. On a saturday and 9am there will be no traffic that will delay you. Shouldn't be more than a couple hundred baht but make sure that you have the driver run the meter, or grab another taxi.
    Not sure where you are talking about for hotels when you say, "centrally located?" in Bangkok downtown or by the airport? There are literally hundreds of web sites to check hotels by locations and rates. Try www.asiawebdirect.com and they have a lot of great information as well, great web site.
    Good luck and have fun

• balhannah's Profile Photo

Taxi to the Airport

by balhannah Written Jun 29, 2009

The 1st time I took a Taxi to the Airport from my Hotel near Phra Arthit wharf, I was told a set fare of 400tb.
    The second time, I asked for the Meter to run. I was travelling from MBK. What I didn't realize until too late, was that he wouldn't use the expressway, took the side roads and we were in bad traffic jams. The Expressway was often alongside, and I could see the traffic zooming along while we were at a standstill. Through this, I only just made it in time for my flight.
    If you are going to use the meter, THEN CHECK FIRST IF THEY ARE GOING BY EXPRESSWAY OR BACKROADS, it makes a lot of difference to the time it takes to get there.

Tarnsportation from airport to Sukhumvit Rd

by bulldogtwo Written Dec 29, 2008

The easiest and fastest way is by taxi. As you exit the airport you will see taxi stands just before you hit the road. Grab ticket, attendants will approach you usually, and wait for your taxi. It's about 500 baht or less from airport to downtown Sukhumvit Rd. You will have to pay for the toll road, minimal. Yeah it's more than taking the bus or MRT but so much faster and convenient, not to mention the taxi will take you right to your hotel. Bus or MRT you'll end up taking a taxi anyway once you get into town, and you'll have to drag your luggage around.

• mthl79's Profile Photo

Meter taxis at the Airport

by mthl79 Updated May 20, 2008

Just got back from Bangkok last week, being first timer there, I really don't know my way around, so its better to take a taxi from the airport to the city, it save your time, and all the hassle you might face there, and its cheap as well.

A note to point is that, remember to get the Airport public taxi not the Airport Limo or the taxi tons tons.

You will be at the 2nd floor (the arrival gate), after collecting your luggage head outside and turn right, you will see the Airport personal manning the taxis, go to them and tell them where you are going, they will give you a piece of paper for the taxi driver, this is to make sure the taxi runs on meter. You will be told in advanced that you are required to pay additional 50bath for the toll.

There you go hope this help

Transportaion from Bkk to Airport

by bulldogtwo Written Mar 15, 2008

The easiest way is to take a taxi. It will take about 30-45 minutes depending on where you are leaving from and what time of day allowing for traffic. If you happen to leave at or near peak traffic time, no bets on time, could take you over an hour. Make sure the taxi that you are using is metered and that you agree that the meter will be used prior to leaving. The cost is or should be around 700 Baht, give or take a hundred or so plus a tip depending on your luggage situation. This is usually hassle free for the most part.
    You could also take a hotel limo, same as a taxi but it'll cost you 2-3 times the amount, but it is alsao fast and hassle free.
    You can take a bus and they, like a taxi will drop you at the front but this can be time consuming but the cost is a fraction of what you'd pay a txi.
    The MRT will also get you there but it means hauling your bags around, unless you travel very light. Not sure where this drops you but I beleive it's close. But if you have some bags to carry around, close is'nt good enough.
    I always take a taxi, just plain easier and the cost is worth the effort of having to carry your bags around
    Good luck

• bekahl's Profile Photo

Taxi from airport to centre of Bangkok

by bekahl Written Nov 29, 2007

When you walk out of Bangkok airport there will be loads of taxi drivers trying to get your fare. Go to the desk to book a taxi and you will pay a set price rather than having to barter with the drivers. We paid approx £6.50 gbp for a taxi from the airport to the centre of Bangkok i.e. Khao San Road. Speaking to other travellers this seems the average price as it is quite a distance.

• EricEastwick's Profile Photo

taxis at new Bangkok airport

by EricEastwick Written Nov 27, 2007

When you arrive at the new airport in Bangkok, there is a taxi stand at the luggage caurosels
    but they want between 900-1500 baht to take you into Bangkok
    Walk outside the airport and go to the left, past anyone asking if you want a taxi
    The metered taxi stand is the best with fares around 300-350 baht to the Royal Orchid
    Make sure you have tha address or a map to the hotel, as the taxi drivers sometimes dont know they way

• Vita500's Profile Photo

From Suvarnabhumi airport to Bangkok city

by Vita500 Written Nov 1, 2007

Typical taxis in Bangkok

Frankly, after reading about the difficulties fellow travelers had of finding a metered taxi from the airport, I was a little worried upon arrival at the new Suvarnabhumi (spoken: Su-van-na-pum) airport. However, it turned out to be real easy:

After claiming our luggage, we headed straight into the arrival hall (1/F) and out through one of the exits (same floor, no need to go down or up). You will probably already see a queue of taxis lining up with a queue of people right in front. There are two or three Thai staff asking the waiting passengers about their destinations, handing them a ticket with the liscense plate number of their respective driver. Just wait until the driver approaches you or you are guided to his taxi, quickly double-check the number on the plate and make yourself comfortable on the back seat.

When inside the car, make sure the meter is turned on (currently it starts at 35 Baht), double-check the address of your hotel with the driver and tell him to take the motorway. It definitely helps to have the address ready in Thai as the drivers usually don't know the Latin names. Some websites like Asiarooms.com already send you the hotel's address in Thai with their confirmation e-mail. A great service that makes it easy for you to reach your desired destination.

Our hotel was located right opposite the National Stadium near Siam. The taxi ride took around 40 minutes via Motorway and cost slightly less than 400 Baht (including airport and motorway surcharge).

Happy traveling!

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo

Taxis from Suvarnabhumi Airport

by SWFC_Fan Updated Oct 5, 2007

Taxis in Bangkok

I arrived at Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport at the start of my week long visit to the city in September 2007.

The new airport is located some 25km from the centre of Bangkok and, at the time of my visit, has no rail link to the city centre.

I decided that a metered taxi would be the best way for me to get to my hotel in the Chinatown area of Bangkok.

Upon passing through the arrivals hall, I was approached by many touts who asked me if I needed a taxi. I had read that it is best to ignore them, so I did and followed the signs to the official taxi departure point instead.

At the taxi departure point, a young lady asked where I was going and wrote down the name of my destination in Thai in order to give to the taxi driver. I also received an official receipt which doubled up as a complaint form. If the driver had turned off the meter, overcharged me or dropped me off at the wrong place, all I had to do was tick the appropriate complaint box, affix a 2 Baht stamp and put the form in the nearest post box. The form included details of the taxi number and driver, so any offending driver could easily be traced. This eases fears of new arrivals being ripped off by unscrupulous taxi drivers.

My journey from the airport to Chinatown took about 40 minutes, including some time sitting in heavy traffic and cost 400 Bahts (approx. 6 GBP). The meter only read 215 Bahts when I arrived at my hotel, but that didn't include the 50 Baht service charge for all journeys starting at the airport or the two road tolls that the driver had paid en route.

On my return to the airport, the driver asked me to pay the tolls as we arrived at the toll booths. The first was 40 bahts, the second was 25 bahts (a total of 1 GBP). The taxi fare cost just 220 Bahts (less than 4 GBP).

• Careful when taking a taxi at Suvarnabhumi

by iang0000 Written Sep 13, 2007

The new airport taxis have started a scam recently. When I was there in November of last year there was no problem. I went to the meter taxi desk on the first floor and they handed me a paper. I got in a taxi and immediately the driver turned the meter on. I returned in August this year and I tried the same procedure but this time the taxi driver did not turn on the meter but insisted that the fee is now a fixed 400 baht to Sukhumvit. I didn't know that I was being scammed and actually believed the driver. As it turns out this is a scam that the taxi drivers are doing to up the fares from unsuspecting farangs who arrive in Bangkok. If you are a tourist in Bangkok or plan to be there soon do not accept this. Insist that the driver turn on the meter and do not accept any negotiated fixed fare. They will always be in the driver's favor. The meter charge is rarely more than 150 to 200 baht one way to Bangkok plus the airport fee of 50 baht.

• nattybabe's Profile Photo

Taxi to/from Airport

by nattybabe Written Jun 20, 2007

I was originally planning to take the airport bus to my hotel but when I got there I found the bus no longer runs! I couldn't be bothered trying to figure it all out so I got a taxi.

It's very easy, all you need to do is ignore all touts and go straight to the taxi stand where you tell them your destination and they'll tell you how much and give you a receipt. Your driver then comes along, puts your bags in the car for you and you're on your way.

I paid 400 Baht to get to the Pathumwan Princess which is at MBK Centre. This included all tolls. I paid the same amount to get back to the airport, so it was standard.

• Taxi from Airport

by sbiswas Updated May 31, 2007

Do not hire a taxi in the airport. You'll pay a minimum of 800 baht. Go outside to the taxi stand a get a metered taxi. Make sure the driver starts the meter. It should cost 150-400 baht. You may need to pay expressway tolls which are 20 baht (the driver does not pay these so make sure you have thai baht).

Instant Answers: Bangkok