Drugs & Spiked Drinks, Bangkok

• Drugs & Spiked Drinks
    by whitebreadman
  • rubber

by darkomas Written Jun 29, 2012

I was in bangkok 2 weeks ago.
    on approsimately 15.00 in some way some people put me drug in my body ( maybe in water or coffee) and I loose my awarness for 3 hours. in that time the thieth stolen my money, photo, garmin gps, mobile phone, tourist guide.
    After about 3 hour some good people found me and help me to recover and bring me back to hotel.
    It was not a bad experience as you could think because traveling without all that stuff is a new and more genuine way to travel, but I'd like to understand what kind of drugs they use and if it's a common way for the thief . I read many forum but I didn't find any episode like this. I can't be more precise because I can't remember as my mind was in trans but I suppose the drug was put in the coffee as it's the only drink I took.

• Singles

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

spiked drinks

by call_me_rhia Updated Apr 4, 2011

spiked drinks: watch out

This warning is especially for guys - the spiked drink trick. I travelled a few days with a guy from israel who got his drink spiked by two ladies (teachers they said) that he had met while visiting a temple in Bangkok. Afterwards they went for an innocent drink together, then he invited them to dinner... While eating something was poured in his drink, the guy fell asleep and when he woke up the following morning, in a dodgy guesthouse, all his money and camera had vanished... and so had the ladies

• phuketstar's Profile Photo

Drugs in thailand

by phuketstar Written Nov 3, 2009

Drugs in thailand

some times we have the feeling especially in small islands is that there's no cops around, of course, there will be those who will strengthen that feeling, whether local or even a tourist like us, which will tell you that there is only one cop in the island , and its all "cool" but do not make a mistake at any given time there are tourist detained in local prisons
    Thai law is very serious when it comes to drugs in Thailand, there are undercover police officers who look just like the local Rasta boy, and they live between tourists hunt "innocent" tourist was told that one smoke no problem ! If you will be caught your passport will be taken from you for 3 months until trial, in more serious case more you detained without bail or very high one., Thailand has so much to offer! Do not be tempted in Thailand ,

have a safe trip !

• Luxury Travel

• Watch your drinks in Nana area

by Paul999 Written Jan 20, 2007

I do not recommend staying in the Nana area of Bangkok. Whatever bar you are in there is a chance somebody will drop a drug into your drink and then you are defenceless and can be robbed there or back at your hotel. Also do not stay at Amari Boulevard Hotel as the security staff do not stop Thais from entering the hotel at night. After 02:00AM when the bars shut the area is very dangerous with Thais cruising around looking for drunken or not drunken foreigners to rob. It is my humble opinion Nana is one of the most dangerous places in Asia to be walking about late at night. Other areas of Bangkok are much nicer and safer. Enjoy yourself but watch your drinks.

• Beer Tasting

• michaelr2's Profile Photo

Drugged and robbed at the Bangkok City Inn

by michaelr2 Written May 29, 2006

Just a little info on the dangers of being drugged and robbed in Bangkok, and the problems with inefficient and uncaring police. The Land of Smiles?

OK, maybe it's my fault that on my second night in Bangkok I was drugged when someone slipped something in my coffee - in a Subway sandwich shop near Nana Sky Train station! I had gone to Bangkok to attend the Bangkok International Gift Fair.

I woke up 14 hours later in my Bangkok City Inn hotel room. I had been robbed and the room ransacked, total loss approximately 200,000 baht. I went to the reception desk to report the robbery and was told to walk to the nearest police station. I walked a total of 8 kms that morning as I had no money. I asked the hotel about the security video so I could understand how I got to the hotel. They refused to show me, or the police. The hotel manager told the police that I often stayed there (not true) and "always" took prostitutes to the hotel (not true). What are they trying to hide? Thanks Bangkok City Inn, I won’t be staying there again!

Now my real problems started! The Lumphini police were worse than useless! I have had no success in getting the Thai authorities take any notice. The Police now seem to have "lost" finger prints from the hotel room. I am still waiting for hospital drug tests after five weeks. (I had to pay for those tests!) They did not interview staff at the subway shop. They have told my wife that they were not interested in following up because they had learnt the "truth" from the hotel about what happened. The presumption is that all “farang” are just in Bangkok for the sex.

As I have pointed out to International Public Relations Division of the Tourism Authority of Thailand, this sort of incident negates millions of dollars of tourism advertising. TAT wants to promote the “Land of Smiles”, and the famous Thai hospitality.

Last week a Bangkok policeman was drugged and robbed. He died. I can only hope it was the lazy officer who failed to investigate my report.

• Study Abroad

• Drugs

by thaivet Updated Aug 31, 2005

Beware of drug sellers in tourist areas of Bangkok.

Similar to the Tijuana Mexico scam, in whick police plant dangerous drugs in your room, bags, or food/drink. Then they demand a hefty payment.

Bangkok is no longer a fun city and is outright dangerous. Better countries for a visit.

• Krystynn's Profile Photo

Now, pleeeease don't take the...

by Krystynn Written Aug 24, 2002

Now, pleeeease don't take the following warning lightly:

Penalties for drug offences are EXTREMELY severe in Thailand. So, DO NOT get yourself involved with drugs. Even if you want to live like your favorite rock star and bring along a SMALL packet of coke, ecstasy, crack, cannabis, marijuana etc to enjoy later, you'd be jailed or worse still, sentenced to death. Anything more than 15 grams - and it's off to the Death Row. I'm serious.

So please don't tempt fate. You can at least wait till you're safely out of South East Asia to enjoy your hobby (strange hobby you have eh?). Just to appease your curiosity, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore carries the same stiff penalty for drug offences i.e. anything more than 15 grams found in your possession and you'd be sentenced to death. For sure. Even the BEST lawyers in the world can't save you.

• warning about drugs

by whitebreadman Written Feb 18, 2007

Don't be a pussy. Just buy what you need. South east asia has very good quality drugs at very cheap prices. Enjoy!

• MikeAtSea's Profile Photo

Drugs in Thailand

by MikeAtSea Written May 19, 2006

A Thai prison

If for any reason you think you should bring drugs into Thailand be warned - if you get caught you stand the chance of the death penalty. Even foreigners are punished by death.

• Study Abroad