Fake Goods, Bangkok

Know about this?

movies!!
    by mnhaus
  • Back of the Fake Apple I-Pod Nano being sold
    Back of the Fake Apple I-Pod Nano being...
    by Shelton_K
  • Front of the Fake Apple I-Pod Nano being sold
    Front of the Fake Apple I-Pod Nano being...
    by Shelton_K
  • Shelton_K's Profile Photo

Fake Apple I-Pods everywhere

by Shelton_K Written Jan 4, 2007

We visited the much recommended MBK shopping mall where on the 4th floor are dozens of small electronic shops and stalls. We purchased a 4Gb Apple I-pod Nano for a considerable sum of Baht 2600 - it came supposedly with leads, headphone, software CD, an apple box and a guarantee plus the lady gave us a slip for the VAT refund at the airport.
    When we got back home the device did not work properly and we took it into an Apple shop and were told it is a fake. It has the Apple logo on it and says I-pod. It is nothing more than a mass produced cheap MP3 player from China with very little capacity. The CD we were given does not relate to the item.
    Please don't buy any "branded" items from these outlets as they are likely to be fakes. Rather go to an authorised dealer and be familiar with all the details of the item you are after. We have no comeback on this at all. Every single outlet there selling these Ipod Nano's are selling fakes - they were all the same as we looked around at the time and went from shop to shop.
    By the way, a true Apple Ipod nano has a serial number, a special Apple connecting slot rather than a firewire slot, it has Apple software and the control (shuttle) can be worked by sliding your finger over it as it is touch sensitive. These cannot. Also the Apple screen is smaller and the Nano does not have video.

Front of the Fake Apple I-Pod Nano being sold Back of the Fake Apple I-Pod Nano being sold

• mnhaus's Profile Photo

DVD Mania

by mnhaus Written Mar 27, 2005

It is possible (as in most other southeast Asian nations) to buy the latest movies on DVD. However aside from being illegal many times the newest movies are poorly videotaped copies from theatres, so buyer beware!!!

movies!!

• Beware of fake DVD's!

by yen_2 Updated Jun 30, 2003

Anywhere in Bangkok, you can see lot's of fake and imitations things and be aware of all those things! I bought a pirated DVD and it won't worked! I got this many times and hate the idea about it! It's a ripped off!

But for the sake of those who emailed me that they got it nicely with Dolby digital sounds and clear as crystal pictures, Nice for you!!! All my tips here are my personal encounters...I don't mind on how did you got it! If you want my opinions, you can take this as an advice though..

Ripped off DVD's;-(