Patpong & Prostitution, Bangkok

by pmarshuk
  • rsleisk's Profile Photo

Happy Hours?

by rsleisk Updated Oct 15, 2004

If you are a male walking the streets of Bangkok you will inevitably be approached by the persistant salesmen who tell you about "Happy Hour".

Its funny... they ALL have the SAME brochure that depicts the SAME 'women' that work at the SAME massage place. The best Thai word I learned was "MAI OW!"=NO"! when it came to these guys. A little Thai goes a long way, for they will leave you alone after you say that.

A day in the life of Bangkok...
    • Business Travel

• Arjaree's Profile Photo

Make Sure She's a Woman...

by Arjaree Written Oct 11, 2004

Yep, make sure a woman you're flirting with is a woman! Katoey is a thai word for a transexual or a man who dresses exactly like a woman, with makeup, long hair, high heels...everything. Somebody can tell the difference. But Im sure there are quite a few who cannot. Those newcomers in Thailand cannot really tell.

Anyway, let me give you something to notice.
    - Adam's apple
    - Broad shoulders
    - No ass
    - Taller than average girls
    - Voice
    - Too feminine...the way (s)he walks and dresses.
    - Too much makeup

PS Im not against katoey's or gays. I actually have a few friends like that.

PPS Be careful.

• n_a_drescher's Profile Photo

Sirkumvut Road

by n_a_drescher Written Jul 25, 2004

If you're flying into Bangkok at night, and you don't really have a game plan yet as to where to go, you might be trickedinto going to Sirkumvut Road. Don't.

This famous Bangkok street is full of hookers, sketchy old European men buying those hookers, and hotels that are way overpriced. Also, all the bars close at 2 am and the stores stop selling liquor.

Instead, go to Khao Sam Road, it's friendly, open, and full of bars and hostels and things to do at all times of night.

• LotusV8's Profile Photo

Super Pussy at Patpong

by LotusV8 Updated Mar 2, 2004

We were attacked by men on the street who told us about sexshows and beautiful girls and so on....
    So my wife and I thought it could be fun to see some real *** for once - and we did.
    Inside at the second floor, bad girls was dancing (really bad), naked and doing things that made us feel sick - opening bottles, pulling a stream of razorblades from their ....., 4 or 5 girls throwed themselves over me and my wife and started with a negotiation that we didn´t asked for - giving us massage we didn´t asked for, 2 beers was put in our hands and we stayed not more than 1/2 hour, when we left they wanted money - 600 THB for the beer!
    Jesus Christ! This was the first and last time we visited a place like this!
    It is incredible that some people find this exiting - what a rat hole!

Patpong

• ChuckG's Profile Photo

Soi Sukhumvit 1-40 ?

by ChuckG Updated Dec 9, 2003

I read so many warning, i had to risk my life to see it by myself...

Although i didn't get to the night market at Patpong, i walked from my hotel all the way to Phrom Phong and just checked out the streets. It's much cleaner and safe than i thought. Tons of locals, some old fart and few tourists like me just looking around.

Some bars looked pretty decent (pub style) while other were so loud i felt sorry for those inside.

I guess I'll go shopping to Patpong next time ; )

Soi Sukhumvit ?

• pmarshuk's Profile Photo

Don't play pool against the bar girls

by pmarshuk Written Jun 4, 2003

Unless you are pretty good at the game you will get beaten. The girls spend hours each day when they are not with customers playing pool. Fortunately I know I'm useless so I didn't try, but there were lots of folks who did.

• Along Sukhumvit road in the...

by toutaint Written Aug 26, 2002

Along Sukhumvit road in the area from Soi 5 to Soi 13 the tourist should be aware of the Ladyboys on the street these are men dressed as women and they will approach you and ask you for a date. During this encounter they will attempt to lift your wallet. They do look like women and the unsupecting tourist will lose his wallet. I typically take a hotel with an in room safe and only took with me what I was willing to lose or spend for the evening. PS I also took a color copy of the front page of my passport with me and left the passport locked up in the room.

• Gnome's Profile Photo

Although this is a rule you...

by Gnome Written Aug 24, 2002

Although this is a rule you should use everywhere, never forget that Bangkok has a big HIV problem, so take all the necessary precautions, no matter how many drinks you have had and how tempted you may be.

• herzog63's Profile Photo

working girls

by herzog63 Written Nov 13, 2002

I know alot of the guys out there like to go to Thailand for the ladies but Beware STD's are rampant! And some of them ladies ain't ladies!! LOL

Working girl