Chon Buri Things to Do

Most Recent Things to Do in Chon Buri

Khao Kheow open zoo

by pattayaraj Updated Apr 4, 2011
    taken from zoo map

Located on the foothill of Khiew mountain. An open zoo with 300 kinds of animals in natural style. A big bird cage covered the forest style garden where you can see a lot of birds.

Admission fee : Adult 20 B /Child 5 B
    Service : riding ostrich for 30B
    Show : Markaw bird and bear show.
    Open : 8.00AM – 6.00PM

• National/State Park

• Golden Colours

by yen_2 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Me with this golden Chinese styled architecture

The photo is me sitting down with that Chinese styled architecture which the color in real is gold! Yap, it is really colour gold but then my camera am using is nah...never mind and it's going to rain that time too so, here it is as you can see!

You can take pictures in any side of the temple granting that you will leave your sleppers down..don't worry no one will get it though..There isn't no fee in going inside! It's free..

Bad things about Tiger zoo

by Sirinta Written Apr 28, 2007

I read some review of this zoo on here. It sounds too good compared to what I saw. I'm Thai, living in England for few years. I'd been to this zoo 3-4 times, fist time when I was 8. I went there last year 2006. I was boring compare to Open Zoo (in Sriracha). There are not many animal to see. It’s cruel to take picture with wild animal that has no freedom whatsoever. I felt so bad after doing that because I didn’t want to but my dad called me CHICKEN! If you want to go to a zoo go to Khao Khiao Open Zoo. Read my review and tip for Open Zoo!

Khao Khiao Open Zoo, Sriracha

by Sirinta Written Apr 27, 2007

I'd been to this zoo many times already and it was always fun. It is the best place for family with young children. It is quite far from Pattaya and it’s quite hard to get to. You may need to have your own vehicle to get to and you don’t need to park at the car park. You can travel by vehicle so you don’t have to walk in the zoo – it is a very big place. I recommended that you hire a vehicle with driver for 4 hours (agree the price per hour or day) Pick-up truck taxi is good. The best thing about the zoo is feeding animals. You can buy fruits and vegetables to feed animal from the zoo but we always brought our own. You may buy vegetable from fresh food market, vegetable are cheap in Thailand. Long beans and bananas are the best one to buy because most of animal eat them. PLEASE WASH YOU FRUITS AND VEGETABLE BEFORE GIVING THEM TO ANIMALS. Vegetables and fruits are usually covered with chemical to keep them fresh or to stop insects attack. It could make animal very sick. There are plenty of animal foods in the zoo, there are more expensive but kids can still have fun with feeding animals.

Million Years stones park

by Sirinta Written Apr 27, 2007

If you manage to get out of bed after a late night in Pattaya, this is the place to be. There is not a lot to do, that's why it's perfect. It is a relaxing little place, with mini zoo. It was a bit boring till I saw the giant fish in their pond. Oh, my god! This thing’s mouth is bigger than my head. I couldn’t get a good picture to show you, my camera is not good. You have to see it for yourself. Forget the crocodiles, forget the stones, go and see the FISH! You can buy fish food to attract them to come up. Have fun!

• gaolei's Profile Photo

Sing a Song Girls

by gaolei Written Oct 24, 2005

At the Rattana hotel, one block from the Mercure hotel, they have a bar with sing-a-song girls. This is the only entertainment I found in the city. This is an interesting way to hear some of the music of Thailand.

A side benefit is the beer in this bar is the coldest beer I ever had in Thailand. The bottles are ice cold and it is served in an ice cold mug. The foam froze on one beer I had. When you work in a Thai factory all day with no A/C or even a fan, you really look forward to that ice cold cold beer.

• Business Travel

• Wann's Profile Photo

Visit Bang Saen Beach

by Wann Written Sep 17, 2005

by beach at night

One night I took a local transport call “Song Taew” visit Bang Saen beach. This place located in San Suk district, about 14 kms from central of the province. I enjoyed beach, atmosphere at night.. well and food !!!! There were some visitors on beach and many food stalls / vendors along the pavement.

• Beaches

• Wann's Profile Photo

Wander in Town

by Wann Written Sep 17, 2005

the town

The town itself there is not much significant sight to see as a tourist place. My activities there just enjoyed exploring the town by foot. The town is not so big, look old and there are many small streets connected so it easy to walk around on footpath. Thing surprise me was there are so many food stalls by side walk at night and some places in wide area as I can call them night market. I think people here maybe like to eat out.

Ang Sila or Ang Hin village

by pattayaraj Written Feb 3, 2004

This area is a fishing village. Located about 5 kms from Chonburi. Wellknown in local manufactory, stone carving and also the center of local seafood restuarants.The local products are also easy to find on stalls along the roadside.

Bang Sean beach

by pattayaraj Written Feb 3, 2004

The most poppular beach among local people .

It’s a good place for dropping in one day. Swimming,relaxing , biking and try local seafood.
    Service : Bathroom ,beverage, beach chair , bicycle are available .

• Sriracha Tiger Zoo

by yen_2 Updated Nov 30, 2003

The KingTiger..stretching

Sriracha Tiger Zoo is a famous and well-known must visit place in Chonburi. It's merely 30 to 45 minutes from the Sriracha City and Pattaya. You can see and discover awesome tiger zoo and diffirent kinds of animals that is beautifully keep and maintained by the place. You can hold the tiger cub in your arms, feeding milk and you can take pictures with you, though there is a charge in having one, it's 150/shot! Expensive but worth paying..huh?!

Actually, I never really thought of going there but a friend(Phil_uk_net) suggested to go visit this place, so we did! And surprisingly, saw very cutie tiger cubs and the small ones are sipping milk to the mother pig! And Mother tiger has a piglets sipping milks too! It really is cute!

The zoo consists of more than 200 Bengal tigers and 100,000 crocodiles. It also provides many activities and shows which include crocodile wrestling (women) and elephants playing basketball. Make some new friends with the camels, deers, wallabies, elephants, Peruvian guinea pigs, ostriches and especially the baby tigers which were born in the zoo.

You can witness, some through my pictures when I go along!

• Clock Tower

by yen_2 Written Aug 27, 2003

The Clock Tower

This is located right infront of the park and you can see this one when you pass by the city center. But if you will go to to Pattaya directly, you won't see this one as you will be in the other street.

• Odd Architecture

Odd architecture

I've seen this one just right next to the bay and thought of getting a pic together with me, so hubby did it! This is the last one picture that my digi got and after this one, it retired!

This odd very big statue is along the bayside area. One can go up in there and witness the sunset...When we got there, they have some nice air breeze though..

• Flowers

Lotus

I love flowers...I guess, you all know about this! Chonburi are blessed with some very lovely lotus..even in the hotel they have lotus everywhere and I can't keep up in getting pictures in all of them...They have white, violet, and red! They also have some very lovely orchids in the Tiger Zoo, everywhere you look they have flowers waiting for you to take some..

• Golden Fountain

Golden Fountain

This fountain is in the center of the temple which dominates the beauty in it. The golden little kid statues are pretty enough to have it in there. With the blue water being in the fountain! If only I have my digi cam, I should have been taking pictures in it very neatly..*sigh*

Instant Answers: Chon Buri

Comments

Chon Buri Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Chon Buri things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Chon Buri sightseeing.