Chon Buri Things to Do

Most Recent Things to Do in Chon Buri

• Wann's Profile Photo

Wander in Town

by Wann Written Sep 17, 2005

The town itself there is not much significant sight to see as a tourist place. My activities there just enjoyed exploring the town by foot. The town is not so big, look old and there are many small streets connected so it easy to walk around on footpath. Thing surprise me was there are so many food stalls by side walk at night and some places in wide area as I can call them night market. I think people here maybe like to eat out.

the town

• pattayaraj's Profile Photo

Ang Sila or Ang Hin village

by pattayaraj Written Feb 3, 2004

This area is a fishing village. Located about 5 kms from Chonburi. Wellknown in local manufactory, stone carving and also the center of local seafood restuarants.The local products are also easy to find on stalls along the roadside.

• pattayaraj's Profile Photo

Bang Sean beach

by pattayaraj Written Feb 3, 2004

The most poppular beach among local people .

It’s a good place for dropping in one day. Swimming,relaxing , biking and try local seafood.
    Service : Bathroom ,beverage, beach chair , bicycle are available .

• Sriracha Tiger Zoo

by yen_2 Updated Nov 30, 2003

Sriracha Tiger Zoo is a famous and well-known must visit place in Chonburi. It's merely 30 to 45 minutes from the Sriracha City and Pattaya. You can see and discover awesome tiger zoo and diffirent kinds of animals that is beautifully keep and maintained by the place. You can hold the tiger cub in your arms, feeding milk and you can take pictures with you, though there is a charge in having one, it's 150/shot! Expensive but worth paying..huh?!

Actually, I never really thought of going there but a friend(Phil_uk_net) suggested to go visit this place, so we did! And surprisingly, saw very cutie tiger cubs and the small ones are sipping milk to the mother pig! And Mother tiger has a piglets sipping milks too! It really is cute!

The zoo consists of more than 200 Bengal tigers and 100,000 crocodiles. It also provides many activities and shows which include crocodile wrestling (women) and elephants playing basketball. Make some new friends with the camels, deers, wallabies, elephants, Peruvian guinea pigs, ostriches and especially the baby tigers which were born in the zoo.

You can witness, some through my pictures when I go along!

The KingTiger..stretching

• Clock Tower

by yen_2 Written Aug 27, 2003

This is located right infront of the park and you can see this one when you pass by the city center. But if you will go to to Pattaya directly, you won't see this one as you will be in the other street.

The Clock Tower

• Odd Architecture

by yen_2 Written Aug 19, 2003

I've seen this one just right next to the bay and thought of getting a pic together with me, so hubby did it! This is the last one picture that my digi got and after this one, it retired!

This odd very big statue is along the bayside area. One can go up in there and witness the sunset...When we got there, they have some nice air breeze though..

Odd architecture

• Flowers

by yen_2 Written Aug 19, 2003

I love flowers...I guess, you all know about this! Chonburi are blessed with some very lovely lotus..even in the hotel they have lotus everywhere and I can't keep up in getting pictures in all of them...They have white, violet, and red! They also have some very lovely orchids in the Tiger Zoo, everywhere you look they have flowers waiting for you to take some..

Lotus

• Golden Fountain

by yen_2 Written Aug 19, 2003

This fountain is in the center of the temple which dominates the beauty in it. The golden little kid statues are pretty enough to have it in there. With the blue water being in the fountain! If only I have my digi cam, I should have been taking pictures in it very neatly..*sigh*

Golden Fountain

• Temple

by yen_2 Updated Aug 19, 2003

After 10 minutes drive again, he then proceed to this really very beautiful newly finished temple but unfortunately we don't know the name in it. No one in there know how to speak english or I wasn't just seaking enough info:-( I was awed by the glittering gold temple and very artistic temple with a very big picture of the King and Queen. But, my pictures will not give you enough of what I saw as the other digi camera of mine retired! No more battery...so, I don't have a choice except to use the other one which was not that good but atleast I had pictures...right?

Temple

• Bayside

by yen_2 Written Aug 19, 2003

This is the view you can see from the bayside..it really is relaxing and there are too many sits in there..you can relax if you like to..that if you're not in a hurry..I like the place, not too crowded and not too many people! Infact, not traffic at all..I can live in this place;) I hope!

From this point, you can see Pattaya specially during the night time though it's very little and the little lights you can see in there..

Along the bay!

• Thai Roofs along the Bay

by yen_2 Written Aug 19, 2003

The driver of hubby was very kind to tour as around the place. And I was very happy to know that there are places around Bang Saen that are worth the time..He brought us in this over looking the bay side where there are pretty thai roofs and the pretty sunset that dominates the long stretch of bayside area.

I noticed also that the bayside is really very nice, clean and is obviously newly constructed part. There are still men doing some work in the other side of the bay..You can do all sort of things in there aside from sitting along while waiting for the sunset, you can also jog around..It is a nice place!

Pretty thai houses along the bay

• Bang Saen Beach Resort

by yen_2 Written Aug 19, 2003

Bang Saen itself is a small town close to Sriracha about 30 minutes drive from the city proper. The main highlight of the town, I guess, is the very crowded beach...small cottages piled up that stretches very long. Most of the people around are the locals. And I've seen kids playing in the sands were it's not actually very nice. But, the air from the sea is worth though..just waiting for the sunset and the weekends to be over...There are many small stalls of foods lined up just beside the cottages and sets. Pick your choice!

At the beach!

• Crocodiles

by yen_2 Written Aug 18, 2003

There are a vrey large area for all these scary looking animal which I really don't like to look at to..I'm scared of their teeth and all..Grrr..They have this unique as they say, event that shouldn't be missed, the " Crocodile Egg Breaking Festival" which is every May to August but haven't seen one...

You can enjoy yourself watching with the circus in Crocodile Wrestling Show by lady performers but did not see one again...I don't like to..sorry:(

Crocodiles in green swamp

• Elephant Museum

by yen_2 Written Aug 18, 2003

It's not complete without the Elephant museum. You can learn more about the life long of an Elephant and all sorts of things about them..I guess, I won't be telling, right? Do your homework then...;-)

Elephant Museum

• Scorpion Queen

by yen_2 Written Aug 18, 2003

A lady with hundred of Poisonous Scorpions!Grrr..It really is alive and she even let hold of it and made it crawl it in her hands...I'm not very good with those ones..From you enter the small cave, you will see the greenish small circled place for scorpions and there are many of them.. If you like, you can have a picture of the Queen with you..

Scorpion Queen

Instant Answers: Chon Buri

Comments

Chon Buri Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Chon Buri things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Chon Buri sightseeing.