Hua Hin Favorites

by paleypei

Most Recent Favorites in Hua Hin

• Silhoutte

Me Amor..

Favorite thing: Happy to have this one! My 2 Alberts are playing beside the beach..Well, what a wonderful weekend that was!

Fondest memory: We spent most of the time with my Baby Al during the holiday as most of the year filled are WORK...

• Monks

monks

Favorite thing: We're off in the early morning to catch sunrise pics and noticed that monks will have this things for anything what the owner of the side of the beach gives to them..Most of the people pay respects when they passed by and they all give something...I don't know!

• Gold balls?

golden balls

Favorite thing: Ohhh...I was asking myself is it for real? Or it's just decorations in the side? I don't know either..so, if one of you know about this one here..Email me...It's cool though..Saw this one right beside the entrance be fore seeing those hubgry monkies!

• Dragons

dragons

Favorite thing: Ther were stairs that going to this dragons. But you have to leave your shoes to save a bit for cleaning in the area and of course a form of respect.

The clouds in this pic below the dragon is a step off area,too. So, be careful and be attentive if you want to take pics around.

• Pot of gold

Pot & Blue Sky

Favorite thing: Honestly, beyond that white terrace is the bay! There were too many picture opps but too bad my batteries don't have much life that long..

This was taken in the monastery in Khao Takiab..Most visitors are locals who in one way or another pay respect to their beliefs.

• Fishing alone

Gray and blue

Favorite thing: In the other side of the bay in Khao Takiab, fishing are what most people do best. And most restaurants in HuaHin has fresh seafoods that to die for!

I've seen this scene in the top of the hill in the monastery run by the monks. And they were fishing! Some are just sailing...

Fondest memory: It's best to visit the Khao Takiab Hill.

• Khao Takiab Beach

khao takiab beach

Favorite thing: Whiter beach and you can find quiteness! I like this area in Hua Hin and when we get back, wouldn't mind staying here..

HuaHin has a miles stretch of semi white beaches that you can do all sort of water playing! Hubby was trying to do some surfing...

Many beach front hotels have concessions for wind surfing and sailing needs and power boats can be hired. Just asked your hotel staff about it.

• Nude by the beach..

baby

Favorite thing: Nope! It's not my baby...I just saw this babies running clothless in the beach..He was very happy being in the beach..I didn't saw a nanny with him though...Funny to see this one after all! My son was looking towards him,too! I guess, he was thinking if only I can do that too...heheh

'Tis was in Khao Takiab. They have whiter beaches compare to any part in Hua Hin.

• Sunrise

Sunrise

Favorite thing: Well, I can go up very early just to catch this one! It's tiring yet amazing! Once again, all the adjectives has been said about this Sunrise and again and again..Pretty as ever!

Fondest memory: HuaHin has a sunrise around 6:30-7:00am. I mean the round one. So better not to do anything during that time and wait..It will just take awhile and will be too high if you miss it..So steady and have a glass of juice while waiting!;-)

• Babies do love water!

Me Amor..

Favorite thing: Babies really do love water! Anything to do with the water,actually! When we arrived, my 18 months old son rush to the water and mind you, water in HuaHin is very cold specially when it's in the afternoon. But he like it still...

The semi-white sand goes for miles from the Sofitel at the end of Damnoenkasem Rd. At the main beach there are umbrellas for lounging and vendors will satisfy your needs for drinks and snacks, and even pony rides, jet skis and a Thai traditional massage.

Fondest memory: pic for now..text will come later

• Monkey beside the bay...

by yen_2 Updated Jan 8, 2004

Monkey

Favorite thing: There were many of this sites in the Khao Takiab Hill along the monastery run by monks. you can take pictures of this hungry monkies running around! The backdrop of the pic is the bay..it's really pretty and amazing in there..You can relax and refresh for awhile before you get ready to climb back to the main entrance.

I've seen many monkies around. If you like, you can play with them and give them something to eat like bananas which you can buy from the care takers..It's fun though...

My travel buddies' 2nd honeymoon

by syllybabe Written Aug 30, 2003

Favorite thing: Bing and I grew up together and we've travelled together before but this is the first time I've travelled with her and her husband.

On this trip I became official photographer and Toots became my official porter.

I probably would have enjoyed my room at the Sofitel more if I were honeymooning like they were but I wasn't so lucky on this trip.

Breakfast scenes at Sofitel

by syllybabe Updated Aug 30, 2003

Favorite thing: Enjoy a long, leisurely breakfast at Sofitel's poolside either under this thai structure, inside the airconditioned comfort of the glassed in gazebo, or outside under white parasols with a view of the beach and the sea breeze blowing your hair.

Looking for crabs

by syllybabe Updated Aug 30, 2003

crabbing

Favorite thing: This guy was out there before me. At first I thought he was just out to enjoy a morning walk like I was until I came closer and saw that he had a plastic bag full of small crabs. With no words when he realized I didn't speak Thai, he motioned with his hands that they were to be cooked and eaten when he's caught some more.

• syllybabe's Profile Photo

The best part of waking up early

by syllybabe Written Aug 30, 2003

Favorite thing: The beach is quiet and deserted at 6am. Occasionally you'll see someone out for a morning jog otherwise, you'll be pretty much alone and you can enjoy quiet, contemplative moments as you sit on the rocks.

When I'm alone like this, all those high rise hotels in the distance seem like they're more than just a few miles away.

• Luxury Travel

Instant Answers: Hua Hin

Comments

Hua Hin Favorites

Reviews and photos of Hua Hin favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Hua Hin sightseeing.