Hua Hin Restaurants

• johnaalex's Profile Photo

Jasmine's: Fancy a duck

by johnaalex Written Feb 3, 2006

Jasmine's, Hua Hin

I had not been to Hua Hin for about 10 years, but decided to pay a visit there to see how it had changed as I was considering spending time on my next trip to Thailand. The number of hotels has increased and it is definitely a lot busier than my first visit. There has also been a notable increase in the number of places to eat. Many of them looked busy which to me is a sign of quality. I felt a little spoilt for choice and after looking at about 6 options I decided on Jasmines, mainly because it was a quiet “soi”, tucked away behind a busier road.
    The service was prompt and I was soon sipping a very Singha beer considering the wide range of options on the menu. I had already decided to eat Thai (other cuisines are available) and after a while I went for chicken satay and roast duck in red curry.
    The satay was very nice, nothing special but there was good portion.

The roast duck curry was truly marvellous. I asked for the food to be spicy and I was not disappointed there, but it was not just hot, it had that real Thai curry flavour. The best bit of all was the duck, a very good portion of lean and tender duck breast, so often with Thai food the amount, and sometimes quality, of the meat can be low – this is not the case at Jasmines.

My experience may have been a one off but judging my the number of regulars I saw eating at Jasmines I doubt it.

Favorite Dish: The roast duck curry - great quality and flavour.

• peerapa's Profile Photo

Baan Khrai Wang: Good Taste...Nice View...Yummy!!

by peerapa Updated Jun 5, 2005

Baan Khrai Wang

Baan Khrai Wang...sea view café in Hua Hin...It's old wooden house right by the quiet beach...and it's also Thai cooking school too.

Open : 10 am - 2 pm closed on Wednesday

Favorite Dish: My friends vote for Lemon Cheese Cake...and don't miss Mocha Cake...I love Mocha ;)

• Women's Travel

• Chao Lay (at the pier): Chao Lay consisently good quality

by Yammi123 Written May 7, 2009

Chao Lay is very famous in HH. It's packed while all the other places are empty. I've been there a few times and the food was always fresh and nicely done. It might be a little more expensive than other local places but you are guaranteed a good meal. We have tried a couple others down the pier, not half as good and just a little cheaper.

Favorite Dish: sea prawns with garlic, steamed blue crab, white wine sauce clams, morning glory. all these are must haves. with 3 young coconut, came out to be 700b for 3 people.

• Spa and Resort

• Baan Laksasubha Villas and Suites: Beach Restaurant Hua hin

by sarahreynold Written Jul 23, 2008

Restaurant at Baan Laksasubha just past Sofitel

Small restaurant that caters for guests staying at Baan laksasubha but also for anyone else who wants a quiet restaurant on the beach close to the center of Hua Hin.

Favorite Dish: Quent restaurant overlooking the beach

• Luxury Travel
    • Seniors

• La Mer Hua Hin: First rate seafood restaurant in Hua Hin

by sarahreynold Updated Aug 29, 2006

Views of Hua Hin from La mer

La Mer is perched on top of Khao Takiab ( Chopstick Mountain ) and commands an impressive view of Hua Hin and the coastline. This restaurant is always busy, service is fast, food average price, always tatse frech.

• Beaches

La Paillote: Sort of French

La Paillote restaurant

La Paillote is a French style (or one could say French inspired) restaurant on Naretdamri Road, facing Sofitel hotel in Hua Hin tourist area.

The menu has both French and Thai dishes, and it is usually a bad sign. This restaurant is not an exception; the salads that we had were tasteless to boot and the only ingredient with some taste was the sauce -- and it was only due to amount of fat...

The restaurant itself looks quite nice, but faces a bit too dirty street to have romantic views.

• Supatra by the Sea: DEFINITELY best thai food

by Yammi123 Written May 7, 2009

Supatra by the sea is at a nice setting near Khao Takiab. The restaurant is right at the beach and you can see the gold budda from the restaurant. Everything is cooked to perfection. 800B for a dish of prawn with garlic. Quite expensive, yes but well worth every baht. Best I've ever had. If budget is a concern, I'll save on all other meals to come here. everything is delicious. prawn with garlic, sizzling green curry, seafood salad, tom kar gai, mango with sticky rice, banana fritters, and coconut icecream. and some young coconuts. 2000B total for 3 people.

• Spa and Resort

Fuji: Good Japanese

by nomadig Written Apr 15, 2007

There are plenty of Japanese restaurants in Hua Hin, but the quality varies a tad too much -- and doesn't correlate with the price. Fortunately there is Fuji: a real treat for sushi and other Japanese food.

The ultra-clean and shiny restaurant is located in the new Market Village shopping mall, a couple kilometers south from the Hua Hin centre. The chefs are working on spotless white jackets with ties whose straightness would pass even the examination of the most picky sergeant.

The menu is extensive -- there are dozens of sushi and sashimi variations -- and it includes all Japanese treats that have been worth exporting from the land of the rising sun. Everything is also moderately priced, so the restaurant is a treat for your wallet, too. The service is polite (have you ever encoutered non-polite service in Thailand?) and quite fast. The only issue may arise from over-eating.

Restaurant Thanachote: Bland seafood

Restaurant Thanachote in Hua Hin

Restaurant Thanachote is just one of the waterfront restaurants on Naretdamri Road. They got us lured inside with inexpensive prices and fresh lobsters in tanks nearby the entrance.

The dining area has excellent view to the sea, as it is built on top of an old fishing pier. Which is nice, although usually there is not much to see on the sea.

The food is just okay, maybe a bit too bland to my tastes. The amount of different portions is breathtaking, but none of them tasted as good as Thai food usually does. We had tried Ket Sa Rin Seafood in the neighbourhood, and the experiences were not from the same world. Go there instead.

Mamma Mia!: Real Italian

by nomadig Updated May 9, 2007

Mamma Mia restaurant in Hua Hin

Mamma Mia! is an European owned and operated restaurant in the heart of Hua Hin tourist district. They focus solely on Italian food and this sets them apart from the rest of the crowd.

The food is good, tastes like real Italian and it is relatively inexpensive, too -- albeit not that cheap as in the basic Thai restaurants around the area. The portions are surprisingly small, so prepare to heat at least two courses, if you are hungry.

If you arrive early, you should get a table by the windows facings towards busy street.

• M.E.R.V's Profile Photo

Sasi the Seafood Garden: Yes! Don't miss the fresh seafood!

by M.E.R.V Written Sep 6, 2003

Living in serenity also means having to dine in serenity! I came across this restaurant when I heard little tunes coming from the back of the hotel's fence while I was having my smoke in the verandah. So we got dress, walked over to Sasi's which was literally just behind our hotel! The ambience was just what I wanted, just like the hotel we stayed in, we had our table on the garden facing a really nice water feature with fountains and trees. Awww!!! I was chuffed!

Favorite Dish: With service being almost perfect, the food was also very yummy, especially the starters! Oh the chicken wings are so nice, but a bit dear to be honest. And I also had the best banana fritters I ever tasted! Mmmm...that thin crust just makes me drool. Hehe! The duck was the down part, but I forgive them cos it is just so hard to cook good duck for a person like me. Meow! Lol!

• syllybabe's Profile Photo

Sawasdee: Mixed menu

by syllybabe Written Aug 30, 2003

Right across Hilton's brewery on Naretdamri, Sawasdee offers Western and Oriental fare at tourist prices. The food isn't bad but it isn't great either...I don't remember exactly what we ordered. I guess it was unremarkable.

• Beaches

Mai Tai: Local bar experience

by nomadig Written Apr 29, 2007

Mai Tai bar in Hua Hin

Mai Tai is a bit more locally oriented watering hole next to Hua Hin Hilton on the tourist district. The price levels are quite the same as in surrounding pubs, but the atmosphere is different. However, don't expect to have any "authentic" Thai experience, but more like of a bit shabby bar, television shouting Thai soap opera or sports, and surprisingly inattentive service.

The beer is cold, and they serve some more complex drinks, such as local variant of Irish coffee. The price level is just right, so you could booze the whole night and still have a lot of money left.

• miketrudeau's Profile Photo

La Villa Italian Restaurant: Great Italian Food. Pizzas, Salads, Sandwiches.

by miketrudeau Updated Apr 4, 2011

A great place for lunch

During our whole ugly stay in Hua Hin, this place is a diamond in the rough. Cooled by multiple oscilating fans, the atmosphere here is relatively friendly and the food is delicious. This restaurant, if you can find it, makes a terrific spot for a rest and an easy lunch. If by chance you are living abroad and want a change in diet, this spot may provide you with a welcome alternative. I do love Thai food, don't get me wrong, but everyone likes a change once in a while and a varied diet is a healthy one.

Favorite Dish: I had a pizza with fresh mozzarella and anchovies. Delicious.

• Work Abroad

• 1W1V's Profile Photo

Chao Lay Seafood: be careful !!!

by 1W1V Written May 31, 2005

opposit Chao Lay restaurant

Went once there for dinner. The location is excellent on the beach and the service is acceptable. We ordered seafood and veg spring rolls. The food was ok but the post-dinner was not as fun as the eating time itself !!! could not sleep at all but for sure it was the seafood !!!
    I don't want to say that they cannot deal with seafood but at least the dish was not very well cooked or the squid was not too fresh !

Favorite Dish: Grilled squid

Instant Answers: Hua Hin

Comments

Hua Hin Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Hua Hin restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Hua Hin sightseeing.