Kanchanaburi Restaurants

by hyenas

Most Recent Restaurants in Kanchanaburi

• Keeree Tara: Great meal. really great

by sc10 Written May 12, 2011

This is a great restaurant.

It worth every baht.

We ate there, it was a pleasant evening.

great service, and above all, a really good food.

Favorite Dish: We ate there image 4, 5 , 11

• winnietankl's Profile Photo

The Floating Restaurant: Yummy Foods

by winnietankl Written Dec 4, 2010

This restaurant is located just beside the bridge of the river Kwai. It is a buffet style. With only 200 Baht you can choose from authentic thai and western foods. Atmospher is good, choose the seat beside the river and you can have a nice view of the bridge too.

• Cruise

• hyenas's Profile Photo

TOFU BAR: The Best Vegetarian Restaurant in Kanchanaburi

by hyenas Written May 24, 2010
    Teriyaki Tofu

I'm not pure Veggie. Normally, I still love meat and fish. But because of my heathy , I became to add the vegetable for my life. I tried Tofu Bar when i was in Kanchanaburi,Thailand. First, I just love the decoration and style. But I haven't expect that much about Vegetarian food.. as everyone know.. vegetarian food might give you just one level of taste. But come on!! This restaurant will leave your accient thinking behind. I found the Great food and taste which i will never foget.. not too over. I love their fresh and style which they present. And I surprise a lot when I check the bill. It's cheap a lot when compare with the price of the other restaurant around here. I love everybody to try their Tofu ( which is very fresh ) and Mushroom. The menu that they created by themself. So, some of menu I never heard the name of them before. I love the Dumpling Dought which they put tofu and carrot inside. The Spring Rolls is really tasteful. Green Curry Tofu and the Teriyaki Tofu which my wife love them a lot. I hope they should have this kind of restaurant around my block. I might be thinner! ha ha Anyway, I think they should have more menu. About the dessert I like the Coconut Pie and Coconut Cake. Ice Coffee is okay but i prefer the Thai Traditional Iced Tea more. the soy milk is so fresh and sweet. The Location is not hard to find. It's between the Bridge over the River Kwai and War Cemetary. I love to get back again I have chance to come back Kanchanaburi.

Favorite Dish: Teriyaki Tofu ( They use the giant soft Tofu fried and top with the teriyaki sauce @@!!)
    Dumpling Dough ( good and go together with Beer , yes, i'm the vegetarian with alcohol)
    EggPlants fried Top rice ( sweet basil and swee chilli)
    Magic Mushroom ( Yes,!! they name their food as this. They fried mushroom with black pepper sauce )
    Green Curry Tofu ( the normal restaurant use the curry which mixed with "kabi" that made from fish.. so, you need to go to vegetarian restaurant because they will make "kabi" by themself and that will be the pure vegan )
    Spaghetti made by Drunk!! what a menu!! ha ha a little bit spicy but so awesome!!
    and the mushroom sandwich.. my son love it!!

• Women's Travel
    • Eco-Tourism

• rhodie1000's Profile Photo

Keeree Tara: A Great meal on the waters edge at the right price

by rhodie1000 Written Mar 14, 2010
    Keeree Tara entrance

This is a gem of a restaurant located on the bank of the River Kwai right near the bridge. The ambiance is perfect. The view is magnificent. It looks like a million dollars, but is very reasonable. The food is tasty and well presented by friendly and helpful staff.

Favorite Dish: I had the red curry that was delicious.

Tai-Thai: Nice place

by Willettsworld Updated Nov 2, 2009

This place was just opposite where I stayed, at the Ploy Guesthouse (see my accommodation tip) and I came here for lunch a couple of times. It is an entertainment restaurant with a bar and big screen TVs with Thai and vegetarian dishes plus western dishes such as pork, beef, chicken, steaks with different sauces, sandwiches, salads, fish and snack food. The food is good and cheap with friendly service.

Sri Rung Rueng Restaurant: Well-priced food from a huge menu

by Willettsworld Written Oct 25, 2009

This restaurant can be found along the road that goes from the Allied War Cemetery to the Bridge over the River Kwai and was near where I was staying at the Ploy Guesthouse. It's a popular bamboo-roofed place with well-priced food from a huge menu of tom kha, tom yam and curries (yellow, red, green, Penang, and matsaman), all available in veg and non-veg versions (B60), plus steaks, seafood (B120) and cocktails (B100).

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

No Name Bar: "Get sh*t faced on a shoe string"!

by Willettsworld Updated Oct 25, 2009

This is one of many bars along the road that goes from the Allied War Cemetery to the Bridge over the River Kwai. It has the slogan "Get sh*t faced on a shoe string" painted high-up on the outside so as to entice the large number of backpackers that come here. I came here to eat one evening and had a very good Thai green chicken curry which I recommend plus, of course, a beer! There are more "hostess" bars along the bend of the road near the cemetery.

• YaaDong's Profile Photo

River Kwae Floating: Good Food

by YaaDong Written Aug 17, 2008

This floating restaurant next to the bridge is popular with tour groups .We were there mid-week so it wasn't very crowded.You can get a nice view of the bridge and the food is very good.

Favorite Dish: Tom yum ,Somtum(spicy papaya salad) inside a carved out pappaya,fried rice,

• HasTowelWillTravel's Profile Photo

Apple's Guesthouse: End of the Day Deliciousness

by HasTowelWillTravel Updated May 29, 2008

This is a wonderful spot to relax at the end of a day exploring Thailand. The cuisine is an excellent selection of Thai food mixed in with some Western favorites (in case you're feeling like comfort food). It is mostly outdoor seating, but by nighttime it has cooled down and is quite pleasant to sit around. Highly recommended.

Favorite Dish: The curries there were excellent, a cut above normal curries with an extra slice of spice and flavor. Well done.

• seoulgirl's Profile Photo

Street food: Not exactly a restaurant

by seoulgirl Written Nov 21, 2007

Bugs are commonly sold on the streets of Bangkok or at a food stall here in Kanchanaburi. We tried them in Bangkok. They took the stinger off the scorpion and then sprayed it with some flavoring. It wasn't bad tasting at all but left a mess of shells in your mouth that I didn't want to swallow. Like a mouth full of sunflower seed shells. The grasshopper was better.

Favorite Dish: I prefer smaller insects without as much shell.

• traceyspacey's Profile Photo

Jolly Frog: Worth a visit even if you aren't staying here

by traceyspacey Written Aug 25, 2007

The Thai food here is authentically spicy and we haven't had a bad meal here. Prices start at 25B to about 60B, so it doesn't hurt your wallet. Unfortunately not all of the staff smile, having said that they are not rude. The restaurant is nothing special, but do look out for the water features and frog statues.

Beer is very cheap as well 50B for large Chang, 60B for large Leo and Singha.

Favorite Dish: Several favourites- I can't narrow it down to one sorry. Avoiding the red curry, delicious but extremely hot. It made my lips swell up and has to be the hottest thing that I have ever eaten.

Sugar Cane Guest House: Glad we didn't stay here

by traceyspacey Written May 25, 2007

We had high hopes for this place, but there was no atmosphere. The music was rubbish, covers of Bryan Adams songs. The staff acted as if we were an inconvenience to them, I ended up doing their job for them when it came to paying the bill. Bad service. Food was okay. We originally were considering looking at this place for somewhere to stay. The guesthouse is laid out in such a way that you keep yourself to yourself. Much prefer the Jolly Frog.

Favorite Dish: Don't come here

Apple's restaurant: Amazing curry

by traceyspacey Written May 25, 2007

Apples guesthouse is also known for it's food, so we gave it try. The restaurant is relaxed and informal. Open to the elements. Prices are slightly higher than the other budget places. Food is amazing, going back for more. Staff are friendly and smiley

Favorite Dish: Kaeng Matsaman (Muslim Style curry). This was full of flavour, rich sauce and certainly had heat to it. Even as I am writing this, I can't wait to have it again. Main dish 80B Rice 15B

• seoulgirl's Profile Photo

Jolly Frog Guesthouse/Restaurant: Extensive menu

by seoulgirl Updated Mar 19, 2007

This is a room for rent.

We ate here a couple time. It's very popular. There are alot of backpackers that stay here. The food is average and the service is below average. There aren't many restaurants along this guesthouse strip so you may end up here. There are cats that beg for food, ever seen that?

Favorite Dish: The garden overlooking the river in the back is very nice. Walk out back and take a look and relax. You can take a beer out there. I hear the rooms aren't that great.

• amazingsugar's Profile Photo

Tasty's thai restaurant & thai cooking school: Cooking for that special thai taste.

by amazingsugar Updated Jul 4, 2006

This is the only thai cooking school in the area and caters for tourists who are after something that they can take home that will really impress their friends and family. Only genuine thai cuisine taught here. You can also walk in off the street and order dishes without the cooking school. Excelent food at affordable prices.

Favorite Dish: Papaya sald for something cold.
    Green Curry for something hot.
    Words could not do it justice!!! come try for yourself.

Instant Answers: Kanchanaburi

Comments

Kanchanaburi Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Kanchanaburi restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kanchanaburi sightseeing.