Ko Chang Restaurants

• The Blue Lagoon is up the canal on the left side
    The Blue Lagoon is up the canal on the...
    by gaolei

• mamasan69's Profile Photo

CHI CHET RESTAURANT: GOOD FOOD

by mamasan69 Updated Nov 6, 2005

NICE PLANT NEAR BUNGALOW-Koh Chang

Even though we stayed at their bungalows, we never ate here all that much during our stay. However, the few times we did come here were very good.
    The view from the restaurant provides a great view of the bay and beach area. Most of our times here were rushed (like when we were waiting for our elephant trek), we had leave before we could really enjoy anything. The day of our trek we were told we could have breakfast, but the taxi arrived when we first got our meal. Lucky we were able to get our lunch "to go" and made it on time to start the trek.
    The staff was very good and didn't mind our quick stops at times and were extra nice when we had a little more time to spend.
    I think I will try this place again in the future, mainly to experience the view from the beach side tables, and possibly enjoy a qiuet night out with my lady.

Favorite Dish: I didn't get a chance to try much from the menu here, but the food that I did try was very good. I had my usual garlic pork with rice, while my girlfriend had fried noodle or spicy seafood salad. The meals were priced very nice with mine costing around 60 bht and my girlfiends 40-60bht.

• mamasan69's Profile Photo

COCONUT RESTAURANT: SEAFOOD ON THE BEACH

by mamasan69 Written Oct 22, 2005

RESTAURANT SIGN-Koh Chang

During our stay on Koh Chang we ate at this restaurant almost everyday. It was located very close to our bungalow and the beach, so it was an easy choice for us at first. After we tried the food it turned out to be a good place for a quick snack or a nice meal.
    The location where we ate at the most were the outside tables near the beach. There is also the main restaurant area that is located inside about 100 meters away from the beach.
    This was a very quiet and peaceful place to relax and enjoy the beach, sun, and have a great meal. This location on the beach was also perfect for watching the setting sun in the evening.
    The staff here were friendly and provided us with fantastic service. They even brought drinks to us when we were sitting away from the restaurant/bar area, down the beach further.
    I will try and visit this place on my next trip to this island for sure, it has many of the qualities that I really enjoy and the food was awesome.

Favorite Dish: Due to the fact that we ate lunch and sometimes dinner here, we had the chance to try many dishes from the menu. For lunch usually I would have something light, like rice or noodles, with pork, chicken or beef. For supper I would get some sort of sea food dish and everone that I tried was very good.
    I would say the fish/seafood tempura that I had was the best dish from this restaurant. It was a good portion, as well as a good price (100bht).

• Nitsana's Profile Photo

dont remember!: tree top restaurant

by Nitsana Written Aug 14, 2005

a very cool place to have dinner. Its across the road from the Grand Koh Chang (which are bungalows on the beach). You sit in a second floor which is kind of like a treehouse (see even without the name you cant really miss it) The food was great. the prices reasonable - a nice relaxed dinner. Not a posh place - but a fun place to hang out.

• The Bay Restaurant: Cozy environment

by swym Written Apr 27, 2005

A seafood restaurant located at Bang Bao, a small fishing village in the southern part of the island. Good service, cozy environment with some 80's 90's music. The foods are above average. Give it a try.

Favorite Dish: Steamed prawn with milk

• School Holidays
    • Work Abroad

• Rambling_Man's Profile Photo

Beach barbecue.

by Rambling_Man Written Mar 5, 2005

Local man tending to the food.

Anywhere you stay, there will be a nightly barbecue nearby. I highly recommend taking part at least once.

A local person will cook the meal right on the beach. You will have choices of vegetables (corn, potato, peppers, etc...) and meat/fish (pork, beef, shrimp, squid, fish).

It's very tasty and very reasonably priced. $5 US will be more than enough for one person, including a beer.

Favorite Dish: Barbecued squid - ask for them to make the hot dipping sauce to go with it!

• alvis's Profile Photo

KC Resort Restaurant: Breakfast Buffet White Sand Beach

by alvis Updated Dec 11, 2004

English breakfast, thai chicken dish with boiled rice, toast, croissants, pancakes, jam, syrup, fresh fruit, muffins, soup, coffee, tea, orange juice lots lots more as much as you can eat of everything.

Favorite Dish: The thai chicken thing with boiled rice was delish.

• alvis's Profile Photo

Every night all across white sand beach: Beach barbecues

by alvis Updated Nov 28, 2004

A lot of food and a lot of drink all for 600 baht. All fish, shrimp, chicken fresh and cooked in front of us served with dips. On the beach under palm trees lit up with candles beside the sea.

Favorite Dish: Baked potato with garlic butter was sooo good!

• Arjaree's Profile Photo

Rock Sand: Great View!

by Arjaree Updated Oct 18, 2004

Rock Sand offers both accomodation and a restaurant. I didnt either stay or eat there. Only that I walked through the place all the time. I gotta do so cos there was no other way to get to/off the area I stayed (White Sand Beach Resort) without walking 'through' the restaurant section.

I wanna write about this place cos it is on a small cliff on the beach and it offers such a great view! The restaurant looks nice itself. Dont ask me why I didnt sit and eat there. It just didnt occur to me..but I would definitely do that next time I go back there.

• Arjaree's Profile Photo

Tantawan: Relaxing Beach Restaurant

by Arjaree Updated Oct 18, 2004

Tantawan

Tantawan offers an accomodation and a restaurant. I didnt get to stay there cos it was all booked. Anyway, I really liked this place as a beach resturant. There are 2 parts where one you can sit on the floor (you can lie down no problem) and the other part is a usual style. There are live bands playing evening time starting around 8pm. The staff were friendly. The food was yummy. I ordered the salad with tuna and I think it was the biggest salad I've ever ordered so far and it was only 60 THB.

I went to this restaurant like for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The menu is not big but I was satisfied.

Favorite Dish: Fruit Shake

• aukjejetty's Profile Photo

Along the walkway of Bang Bao: Fresh Seafood

by aukjejetty Written Aug 30, 2004
    Bon Appetit!

Bang Bao is build along a wooden walkway, and has a lot of fresh seafood restaurants. There are many with menus, and comfortable places to sit, but we choose a little place where the women where preparing some squid and other seafood. We got some squid and another dish in shels (see picture), it was delicious!

• sakullak's Profile Photo

Bang Bao Cliff Cottages: good food & music

by sakullak Written Feb 21, 2004

nice view, fresh air, eating & relaxing

Enjoy good breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the restaurant in Bang Bao Cliff Cottages. It's an open-air with sea and cliff views.

Favorite Dish: Jumbo Pancake for breakfast

Baan Thai and Baan Nuna: Thai cookery by the sea

by travelagent4thailand Updated Feb 9, 2004

the place

BAAN NUNA:

this is the resturant for western palate hungry eaters. owned by a german, this restaurant serves both local and western dishes, but more focused on the western dishes such as pizzas, pastas, even western cocktails.

the ambiance is an old large hut with low key light bulbs ornamented over the ceilings and bali hand paintings on every direction. bamboo tables and chairs.

lower chairs and triangle pillow seatings are also available on the upper loft.

BAAN THAI:

from the exterior of this restaurant / hotel, the complex is a thai sala adorned with art pieces from the sukothai era with a minor flair of the cambodian touch. (Koh Chang is only hours away to the Cambodian border).

2 stone lions greet the travelers at their gates. as one walks down the narrow alley, gush of sea breeze calls you closer only to find yourself upon an open hall over looking the ocean!

one can choose to dine seated on homemade wooden furnitures by theedge of the waters or in the hall with low dinning tables and traingluar pillows.

i choosed the pillows! i had already envisioned myself after a big good thai meal, i'd sprawl myself on that pillow.....oh yes, like the majesties did back in the days!

Favorite Dish: BAAN NUNA:

I ordered a few dishes: the salami pizza and pasta alforno which was pretty good. i'd say that it is pretty good since I was looking to fulfill my western palate, the italian dishes did the job! (the orders come in western sizes)

But the anecdote to all was the Coconut and Pineapple shake! For 40 Baht (about US$1), that thing will have you craving with intense addiction for more! Try it and you'll realize that Culinary World Magazine coverage isn't global, they missed this spot!

BAAN THAI:

again, several dishes were ordered. most were the regular thai dishes....but 2 dishes that really blew me away, other than just the ambiance and dining steps away from the ocean....was:

Sea Food Garlic over Rice...... ummmmm... forget the bad breath...the aroma of the garlic mixed with fresh squid, shrimp, clams, and chunks of garlic in peppery sauce.

Steamed Cotton Fish with lemon. I instantly fell back into my reclining triangular pillow with a big smile on my face. As i looked up to the ceiling, i could see fish swimming above my head! hahah...

Succently, steamed with garlic, ginger, slices of more garlic, thai herbs....and the fish was soft and tender....served on charcoal steamed iron pan!

• edachsund's Profile Photo

Banana beach restaurant: Baracuda

by edachsund Written Mar 11, 2003

This place quite simple. It was right in the beach side.

we having a baracuda barbecue fish and few dishes as well. And dont forget to try Mekong beer add up with coke and the taste was ok. You may try some other places too. they open untill midnight.

Pic: showing Martin and Christian has enjoying their meals.

• eugenetan's Profile Photo

Day Night: More than just food

by eugenetan Updated Nov 20, 2005

On Lonely Beach - local Thai food plus some American breakfast available. Owner Maliwan is friendly and helpful - it's like having dinner at home.

Instant Answers: Ko Chang

Comments

Ko Chang Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ko Chang restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ko Chang sightseeing.