Ko Chang Restaurants

• The Blue Lagoon is up the canal on the left side
    The Blue Lagoon is up the canal on the...
    by gaolei

Best Rated Restaurants in Ko Chang

• sakullak's Profile Photo

Bang Bao Cliff Cottages: good food & music

by sakullak Written Feb 21, 2004

nice view, fresh air, eating & relaxing

Enjoy good breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the restaurant in Bang Bao Cliff Cottages. It's an open-air with sea and cliff views.

Favorite Dish: Jumbo Pancake for breakfast

• Arjaree's Profile Photo

Tantawan: Relaxing Beach Restaurant

by Arjaree Updated Oct 18, 2004

Tantawan

Tantawan offers an accomodation and a restaurant. I didnt get to stay there cos it was all booked. Anyway, I really liked this place as a beach resturant. There are 2 parts where one you can sit on the floor (you can lie down no problem) and the other part is a usual style. There are live bands playing evening time starting around 8pm. The staff were friendly. The food was yummy. I ordered the salad with tuna and I think it was the biggest salad I've ever ordered so far and it was only 60 THB.

I went to this restaurant like for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The menu is not big but I was satisfied.

Favorite Dish: Fruit Shake

• sachara's Profile Photo

Open air restaurant at the beach

by sachara Updated Nov 12, 2005

the restaurant at the beach abd lagoon

When we visited Ko Chang in the 80s we didn't know for sure if there was allready a restaurant or not. So we brought our own food, pans and kitchen utensiles. At the market in Trat we bought vegetables, fruits, cassave, eggs, bread, marmelade and more.

At the campement we found an open-air bar and restaurant, though they were still building the roof. There was coffee, beer and softdrinks. And we found out that the woman who joined us was the cook of the restaurant in the harbour of Trat where we chartered the boat. She came with us to prepare the most delicious meals with rice, vegetables, fish, prawns and meat in sweet and sour. We ourselves grilled chicken, plantain and cassave at the fire at the beach. We enjoyed our varied meals.

• alvis's Profile Photo

KC Resort Restaurant: Breakfast Buffet White Sand Beach

by alvis Updated Dec 11, 2004

English breakfast, thai chicken dish with boiled rice, toast, croissants, pancakes, jam, syrup, fresh fruit, muffins, soup, coffee, tea, orange juice lots lots more as much as you can eat of everything.

Favorite Dish: The thai chicken thing with boiled rice was delish.

• travelagent4thailand's Profile Photo

Baan Thai and Baan Nuna: Thai cookery by the sea

by travelagent4thailand Updated Feb 9, 2004

the place

BAAN NUNA:

this is the resturant for western palate hungry eaters. owned by a german, this restaurant serves both local and western dishes, but more focused on the western dishes such as pizzas, pastas, even western cocktails.

the ambiance is an old large hut with low key light bulbs ornamented over the ceilings and bali hand paintings on every direction. bamboo tables and chairs.

lower chairs and triangle pillow seatings are also available on the upper loft.

BAAN THAI:

from the exterior of this restaurant / hotel, the complex is a thai sala adorned with art pieces from the sukothai era with a minor flair of the cambodian touch. (Koh Chang is only hours away to the Cambodian border).

2 stone lions greet the travelers at their gates. as one walks down the narrow alley, gush of sea breeze calls you closer only to find yourself upon an open hall over looking the ocean!

one can choose to dine seated on homemade wooden furnitures by theedge of the waters or in the hall with low dinning tables and traingluar pillows.

i choosed the pillows! i had already envisioned myself after a big good thai meal, i'd sprawl myself on that pillow.....oh yes, like the majesties did back in the days!

Favorite Dish: BAAN NUNA:

I ordered a few dishes: the salami pizza and pasta alforno which was pretty good. i'd say that it is pretty good since I was looking to fulfill my western palate, the italian dishes did the job! (the orders come in western sizes)

But the anecdote to all was the Coconut and Pineapple shake! For 40 Baht (about US$1), that thing will have you craving with intense addiction for more! Try it and you'll realize that Culinary World Magazine coverage isn't global, they missed this spot!

BAAN THAI:

again, several dishes were ordered. most were the regular thai dishes....but 2 dishes that really blew me away, other than just the ambiance and dining steps away from the ocean....was:

Sea Food Garlic over Rice...... ummmmm... forget the bad breath...the aroma of the garlic mixed with fresh squid, shrimp, clams, and chunks of garlic in peppery sauce.

Steamed Cotton Fish with lemon. I instantly fell back into my reclining triangular pillow with a big smile on my face. As i looked up to the ceiling, i could see fish swimming above my head! hahah...

Succently, steamed with garlic, ginger, slices of more garlic, thai herbs....and the fish was soft and tender....served on charcoal steamed iron pan!

Funky Hut: Best food I had at Lonely Beach

by Saagar Written Mar 12, 2010

An unlikely name for an unlikely restaurant. This is the restaurant that I really liked on Koh Chang: Hippy leftovers, with the best of both worlds intact.
    All who were young in the 70'es and early 80'es will settle down for the rest of their lives here.
    A stone throw from the beach - you can take a swim between starter and main dish.
    A great BBQ.
    Seating in terraces outside, or under a roof, or inside a sala, the latter without chairs.
    Wonderful place for kids, too.

Favorite Dish: BBQ sea food every evening.

• Music

• joecooper's Profile Photo

The Treehouse: Gorgeous Green Curry!

by joecooper Updated Apr 2, 2006

The Treehouse, Lonley Beach, Ko Chang, Thailand

This is a very special place, words and pictures cannot do it justice. The restaurant itself is fantastic, built on stilts right by the sea. There is a large decked area with low tables, deck chairs and hammocks. The food is excellent and very good value - I would reccomend anything on the menu! We spent most evenings here, eating great food, watching the sunset (See extra photos), playing cards and drinking Chang beer. There is quite a young crowd here, mainly European backpackers.

Favorite Dish: It is at this restaurant that I have tasted the best Thai Green Curry I've ever eaten. I must say I have eaten a number of Thai Green Curries in my time!

• mamasan69's Profile Photo

CHI CHET RESTAURANT: GOOD FOOD

by mamasan69 Updated Nov 6, 2005

NICE PLANT NEAR BUNGALOW-Koh Chang

Even though we stayed at their bungalows, we never ate here all that much during our stay. However, the few times we did come here were very good.
    The view from the restaurant provides a great view of the bay and beach area. Most of our times here were rushed (like when we were waiting for our elephant trek), we had leave before we could really enjoy anything. The day of our trek we were told we could have breakfast, but the taxi arrived when we first got our meal. Lucky we were able to get our lunch "to go" and made it on time to start the trek.
    The staff was very good and didn't mind our quick stops at times and were extra nice when we had a little more time to spend.
    I think I will try this place again in the future, mainly to experience the view from the beach side tables, and possibly enjoy a qiuet night out with my lady.

Favorite Dish: I didn't get a chance to try much from the menu here, but the food that I did try was very good. I had my usual garlic pork with rice, while my girlfriend had fried noodle or spicy seafood salad. The meals were priced very nice with mine costing around 60 bht and my girlfiends 40-60bht.

• mamasan69's Profile Photo

COCONUT RESTAURANT: SEAFOOD ON THE BEACH

by mamasan69 Written Oct 22, 2005

RESTAURANT SIGN-Koh Chang

During our stay on Koh Chang we ate at this restaurant almost everyday. It was located very close to our bungalow and the beach, so it was an easy choice for us at first. After we tried the food it turned out to be a good place for a quick snack or a nice meal.
    The location where we ate at the most were the outside tables near the beach. There is also the main restaurant area that is located inside about 100 meters away from the beach.
    This was a very quiet and peaceful place to relax and enjoy the beach, sun, and have a great meal. This location on the beach was also perfect for watching the setting sun in the evening.
    The staff here were friendly and provided us with fantastic service. They even brought drinks to us when we were sitting away from the restaurant/bar area, down the beach further.
    I will try and visit this place on my next trip to this island for sure, it has many of the qualities that I really enjoy and the food was awesome.

Favorite Dish: Due to the fact that we ate lunch and sometimes dinner here, we had the chance to try many dishes from the menu. For lunch usually I would have something light, like rice or noodles, with pork, chicken or beef. For supper I would get some sort of sea food dish and everone that I tried was very good.
    I would say the fish/seafood tempura that I had was the best dish from this restaurant. It was a good portion, as well as a good price (100bht).

Salakphet Seafood: Seafood in Salakphet - end of the road

Salakphet Seafood restaurant

On the east coast the road stops pretty much as the island curves east; and here is Salakphet. Salakphet is an aquaculture centre, fishing boat wharf and a huge restaurant. it seems to cater mostly to Thais, albeit this is a wonderful place to get authentic Thai seafood, fish straight live from the nets.
    It seems to be a bit of a place where government people and celebrities eat out. you sit on the deck in a real maritime setting.
    But this seems to be too far from any tourists' dens and with the few taxiruns tha come here, visitors to the island really misses out on this gem. Load up a taxi, share costs and get here to eat! About 40 minutes' drive from Lonely Beach.
    The eatery is part of a resort, but I did not stay here.

Favorite Dish: Any fresh seafood.

• Fishing

• Rambling_Man's Profile Photo

Beach barbecue.

by Rambling_Man Written Mar 5, 2005

Local man tending to the food.

Anywhere you stay, there will be a nightly barbecue nearby. I highly recommend taking part at least once.

A local person will cook the meal right on the beach. You will have choices of vegetables (corn, potato, peppers, etc...) and meat/fish (pork, beef, shrimp, squid, fish).

It's very tasty and very reasonably priced. $5 US will be more than enough for one person, including a beer.

Favorite Dish: Barbecued squid - ask for them to make the hot dipping sauce to go with it!

• YaaDong's Profile Photo

Cookie: Grilled Shrimps!

by YaaDong Updated Aug 4, 2008

There are many restaurants along Whitesand beach.However they seemed rather expensive especially if you wanted to eat seafood.
    We found "grilled shrimps" at a reasonable price at place called Cookie .It's right on the beach ,so you can dig your toes in the sand while you eat..You can choose the seafood you want and they will cook it up for you .It can gets rather packed in the evenings ,especially weekends around 8pm so if your hungry ,get there early ! Around 9 pm some of the locals show what they can do with fire and techno music..

Favorite Dish: The Bar-B-Q shrimps were good at 250 baht a plate.They weren't very big but tasty!.Also the fish cooked with herbs and spice was yummy too, at 200 baht each.
    All the single dishes over rice such as 'pat grapow gai kai dow' fried basil with chicken and a fried egg were good value at around 45-50 baht.

• edachsund's Profile Photo

Banana beach restaurant: Baracuda

by edachsund Written Mar 11, 2003

This place quite simple. It was right in the beach side.

we having a baracuda barbecue fish and few dishes as well. And dont forget to try Mekong beer add up with coke and the taste was ok. You may try some other places too. they open untill midnight.

Pic: showing Martin and Christian has enjoying their meals.

various: Restaurant hub at Baan Bai Lan

by Saagar Written Mar 12, 2010

The small settlement of Baan Bai Lan hosts a number of good restaurants. I much liked the mexican one, but there are several others, too, enough to provie for good food and variations - and a great escape from stifling hotel dinners.

Favorite Dish: Very good Mexican food and atmosphere.

• Singles
    • Music

• motherof2's Profile Photo

Buddha View: Buddha View, Bang Bao, Koh Chang

by motherof2 Written Feb 27, 2007

Interior of the restaurant

We were wandering around the Bang Bao after our day trip to Koh Wai, and found this restaurant is totally cool. It's stilt, over the water of course. Everything is made by Bamboo, or wood. There is a big buddha in the middle of the restaurant. There are some day bed chairs outside the restaurant overlooking the sea, so you can have your drink and enjoy the view. There are also 2 glass top table where you can sit on the floor and see through the water from the table. Very relaxing, very well decorated, and they played nice music in the afternoon when we were there.

Favorite Dish: We didn't order food here, just want to take a drink to cool down after the island hopping. I saw other table's customer went just outside the restaurant and select the fish from the fishing net, and saw the fish was well cooked on the table around 10 mins later. It's very relaxing atmosphere, a little zen, and totally tropics. I am highly recomended to stop over this place at least for a beer or ice coffee.

Instant Answers: Ko Chang

Comments

Ko Chang Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ko Chang restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ko Chang sightseeing.