Ko Samet Things to Do

Most Recent Things to Do in Ko Samet

• karin_kamphuis's Profile Photo

Take a walk on the beach.

by karin_kamphuis Written Feb 19, 2005

Take a beach walk at night!

To stay a little bit fit and not sit the whole day in your beach-chair; just take a (short) walk on the beach.

Remember it's not a LARGE beach, so spend about 10 minutes; haha!!

We took a NIGHTWALK and it was great fun! Remember to put on good walking shoes, because after sunset it's ebb tide and you can step on sharp corals!!!
    Take a flash-light with you and discover all the lively crabs and corals between the rocks at the beach.

• Beaches

• karin_kamphuis's Profile Photo

Watch the Sunset; GREAT!!!

by karin_kamphuis Written Feb 19, 2005

Sunset at Ao Prao beach

Just relax in a free beachchair in front of the sea and watch the sun go down.
    It is a really great place to watch the sunset beacause there's only sea in front of the beach (no Mountains or islands).
    Catch a cocktail and a great friend or lover and enjoy!!!

At night you can watch all the fisher-boats with there funny light globes.

• Beaches
    • Luxury Travel

• Sunset Point at southern tip

by ambitiouspear Written Feb 1, 2005

Going down to the very southern point offers a nice place to watch the sunset. If you're feeling adventurous, you can hike along the coast, jumping from boulder to boulder. Don't forget a flashlight! From the tip, it takes roughly 30 minutes to walk back to Samet Ville Resort.

• Boat Tour

by Natalienu Written Nov 22, 2004

I think everyone should do the one day boat tour around the island. You get to go fishing for your own lunch and they cook it up for you, snorkelling and visit a shark and turtle farm.

Everything is catered for on the tour and its just a nice break from lazing about on the beach.....

Costs from memory 400 baht for the day.

• hasthetravelbug's Profile Photo

Biking around Ko Samet

by hasthetravelbug Written Jul 23, 2004

Taking a break, enjoying the scenery......

You can rent a motor bike for about 300 baht for 24 hours. It is a great way to see the whole island of Ko Samet. The southern part has beautiful secluded beaches and going to the west side of the island at sunset point is a must. I reccommend renting a bike because the traffic on Samet is calm and it is easy to ride. One thing to look out for is the severely unpaved roads. Try not to ride here, it can get dangerous....

• Motorcycle

Ao Kiu beach

my perfect beach

Ao Kiu beach is the ultimate paradise. It's hard to reach by road - as it is often impassable - so the safest was to get there for sure is to reach it by boat-taxi. It's really worth your money... perfect white sand, lovely trees and palm trees (it looks more like a garden), and... very quiet. So quiet that when we went there there was only one other person! I spent my happiest Ko Samet day there. it's located at the very narrow tip of the island: it takes only 5 minutes to cross onto the other side - where the sea is much rougher. On the plus side is that you can see amazing sunsets from there. Highly recommended.

Ao Cho beach

Ao Cho

Ao Cho beach is the beach right after Ao Tubtim, but to reach it you'll have to walk through a dense beautiful forest. It's a wonderful beach - but even better is the nature walk to reach it - spectacular! There's a couple of restaurants on the beach - and it's the only beach - after Hat Sai Keow where I saw people selling something other than fruits and pareos. Massages and henna-tattoos were offered here - a bit insistently sometimes.

Ao Tubtim

At Ao Tubtim

Two beaches and a panoramic promontory away from Ao Phai you can find the charming Ao Tubtim beach. This beach is just as nice as the other beaches - with the added photogenic bonus of a long old-looking wooden "bridge" onto the sea. In the afternoon - however - it gets very shady quite ewarly - so maybe it's not the best beach to get a perfect suntan.

Ao Phai beach

Ao Phai beach

Ao Phai beach is the second beach after Hat Sai Kaew (the first being Hin Kok beach) and it's a smaller and quieter beach, with some bungalows and only 3 open-air sort of restaurants. It's also the beach where I had my lodging, so I'm quite partial to it, but I really liked it. There is enough room for everyone, especially on the right side where there are plenty of trees to get some shade. It's only a 20 minutes walk from Hat Sai Kaew, but at times it seems like a world apart. There are also organised boat tours around the island leaving every second day or so

Hat Sai Kaew beach

Hat Sai Kaew beach

Hat Sai Kaew, in Thai, means Diamond Beach, because the beach here really glitters. All that glitters is not gold, however, and this is the largest and most crowded beach of the entire Ko Samet. There's even a poshy resort and a quite kitschy statue of a mermaid and king (?) that look as if they are made of plastic. In other words - definitely not the most appealing beach to spend your time.

• Sunset Point

by yen_2 Updated Feb 28, 2004
    Moi in the sunset point!

If you do love seeing sunsets. Then, this is the best place for you! Our latest trip in Samet was in Ao Wai, southern part of the Island. So, we have the easiest chance to visit the Sunset point. It is the best place I ever saw in my entire life yet! I was wowed to the cliffs and the rock bays in that part! You have to be very carefull though as you might step, you know...and will fall! It's best to go there around early morning and during the afternoon before sunset. It's the best place around Samet to take Sunsets!!!

As roads around Samet Island is very bad so most of the farangs are renting a bike. But for us, neither of us love bikes so we just hike the Sunset point from Ao Wai and it took us 15 minutes to go up..Mind you,it's amazing in there and refreshing!

• Please forgive me...

by yen_2 Updated Dec 12, 2003

Pretty tents

...but I do like the colours of these tents here that was being struck by lovely sunrays of the early morning!

Actually, the trip wasn't for play..It was all about work with hubby but it got cancelled for some reasons. But here, I was got very excited so thought of hitting the place without any reservations and anything. Arrived late at night and went directly to the Le Vimern, a 4 star resort and it's really very pretty. Comfy couch in the lobby and a very pretty decorations but the only available room is the presidential suite which is $300+++ which is way too high for a night..so, we directly checked out the Ao Phrao Beach Resort, nothing really nice, simple, quiet but the problem is no available room! All I thought was we might be camping..but one thai owner gave us her place for a night!

The tent looks very pretty though...=)

• Pretty Flowers..

by yen_2 Written Dec 9, 2003

Bougainvilla in Thailand~

...you can see them around the islands! The guest house we stayed for the first night had a lovely, simple and quiet an exotic flowers..

I took the photo when the sunrises and it turns out to be beautiful!

• The sunrise....

by yen_2 Written Dec 9, 2003

Ohh...Jesus,i'm FAT!heheh

...at it's magical beauty!

I was hoping to catch some more pretty sunsets but we arrived late in Rayong Province just off in Ban-Phe the nearest pier to Ko Samet. So, I haven't had enough nice sunsets and all I can share are my sunrises! They have the best ones and really are magical! They also have sunsets off to "Ao Prao Beach Resort" to the western side of the island.

• Walking...

by yen_2 Updated Dec 8, 2003

Walking...

...throughout the white sandy beach is a must..The crystalline blue water is very cool. Hubby and I walked for an hour through the white stretch beach..It was a lovely one! And after that swum in there...well, mind you there were some guests in the islands that just go there for a perfect retreat of the bustling city of Bangkok.

Instant Answers: Ko Samet

Comments

Ko Samet Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Ko Samet things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ko Samet sightseeing.