Ko Samet Tourist Traps

I didin't took a pic of the road..
    by yen_2

Most Recent Tourist Traps in Ko Samet

• Rastarigo's Profile Photo

willing to pay 400 baht?

by Rastarigo Updated Jan 19, 2007

i believe it's a form of injustice to charge the foreigners 400b, a ridiculous ten folds of what the local thais pay (40b). if you're in one with me and agree that impartiality should rule in this world, then ignore the green pickups at nadan pier. the pickup stationed at the pier shuttles visitors to the island from nadan pier to sai kaew beach and beyond. patronizing the green pickup would tell the police you are a vacationer so expect them to welcome you with an open palm to collect your 400 baht once the pickup arrives at the beach entrance. sai kew is not far from nadan pier so why not walk and be spared from paying the questionable entrance fee to the island. there are available rooms which you can spot along the way as you walk up from nadan before you reach the beach entrance. don't walk through the entrance with the huge backpacks still on your back. otherwise, they might suspect you and eventually ask you to show your proof of payment.

• Arjaree's Profile Photo

Speed boat

by Arjaree Written Apr 11, 2005

We missed the midday ferry to the mainland and we did not want to wait for the next ferry at 4pm. So we decided to hire a speed boat to catch a bus back to Bangkok.

It seemed to us that we would get a private speed boat and went straight to the mainland since they charged us 1,200THB/ 2 persons. No we were wrong. We had to share it with another group of people -about 8 persons. They did not think that they would have the share the boat with us either. Everyone was mumbling complaining.

Anyway, it was still better than waiting for 3 hours for another ferry.... this took only 30 mins.

Unique Suggestions: Check with them and bargain.....I guess.

• Diving and Snorkeling
    • Beaches
    • Kayaking

• Dry lands..

by yen_2 Written Dec 13, 2003

I didin't took a pic of the road..

..and the road is very bad around the island. If you can possibly rent a bike for you,it's much better as the hire trucks in there is very weird in terms of driving. And it can get much more expensive when you want to go to the other island where no one will go others except you. It's 100baht/person compare to a bike which is only 125-15baht/day.

The land around the island is a bit dry. And bring along something to cover for your nose. You might catch a colds as it can get too dusty when those 4WD's(hire truck) will be in the bad,bad road!

Unique Suggestions: This may sound weird but we arrived very late so, we didn't much saw the dusty road.heheh..And I put a scarf around my mouth as I knew that the road is very bad. If you can rent a bike, it's much better!

Fun Alternatives: Rent a bike.

• YaaDong's Profile Photo

Ripped Off Again...

by YaaDong Written Jul 30, 2008

Tourist on boat to Samet = 50B, Thai = 10B!!!
    Tourist entrance to marine park = 200B, Thais = 20B!!!!

Unique Suggestions: Smile and take it.

• Beaches

Instant Answers: Ko Samet

Comments

Ko Samet Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Ko Samet tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ko Samet sightseeing.