Nakhon Pathom Warnings and Dangers

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Nakhon Pathom

• More on dogs

by jgrim14 Updated Dec 15, 2006

Despite the fact that most of the dogs here are vicious little bastards, if you have a soft spot in your heart for animals, this town can be hard to stomach in terms of injuried dogs. They have little fear of cars and motorbikes, so often times they casually stroll across the street without noticing oncoming traffic. Within the first few hours I was there, I saw a dog howling and pulling himself with only his front feet - obviously in total agony. I can only assume he was hit by a motorbike. Several days later when I came back through town, I saw one get hit right in the middle of the highway - and it wasn't quick and painless. It took me several days get the image out of my head. If you're here for more than a couple days, you're bound to see something like this.

• Aggressive dogs

by jgrim14 Updated Dec 14, 2006

There are more stray dogs in this town than I have ever seen in my life. I love dogs, but rabid, aggressive dogs like these should probably be avoided. As a matter of fact, its a bit difficult to avoid them. They also roam in packs, so it can be a bit scary at times. Within my 4 day stay here, I was chased or followed by a pack of no less than 4 dogs at least 6 times. They even chased me on a motorbike which had barely enough steam to get away. One of them missed my leg by just a few inches when he lunged up to bite me. On onother occasion, I was saved by one of the local monks who sometimes feed and care for the stray dog population. On a separate note, the people in town are incredibly friendly and you probably have few safety concerns with them. I wandered the town by myself in the dead of night and felt perfectly safe.

Instant Answers: Nakhon Pathom

Comments

Nakhon Pathom Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Nakhon Pathom warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Nakhon Pathom sightseeing.

View all Nakhon Pathom hotels