King Seafood Restaurant, Pattaya

3 out of 5 stars 5 Reviews

Walking Street

• King Seafood Pattaya: I wont recommend

by tweetyeve Written Oct 17, 2013

I was in Pattaya last weekends.
    Ppl recommend this place so we went there to have dinner.
    Firstly, the food there are very expensive as they are even higher than Malaysia and Singapore.
    Secondly, the service were bad after we place the order of their set seafood because we didn't order those expensive items.
    Lastly, they direct us to seat at the table which is not by the sea so we requested to change the seat as there are still 3 more empty tables by the sea. But they refused to change our seat and place a reservation sign after we requested.
    Therefore we decided to walk out of restaurants and they still want us to pay for the meal that we order even though i don't think they have started preparing anything.
    So we have to argue our way out in order not to pay.
    Really very unpleasant experience.
    Will not recommend to go there.

• TrendsetterME's Profile Photo

King Seafood on Walking St, Pattaya, Thailand

by TrendsetterME Written Jun 17, 2013
    King Seafood on Walking St, Pattaya, Thailand

One of Pattaya's best known Eateries. On the sea side of Walking Street, King juts out into the sea on stilts. Often crowded on a weekend King seats hundreds who come for the fantastic range of fresh seafood and the on-shore breezes on a walk Pattaya night.

Based on market price by weight, the king lobsters, rock lobsters, tiger prawns, sea prawns and river prawns can be either fried, baked, or steamed.

Superb place to dine ... :)

• Beer Tasting
    • Music

• Sami29's Profile Photo

Seafood at Tops Super: Cheap seafood in Pattaya

by Sami29 Written Apr 13, 2010

The best place to have seafood is at Tops Super. It is located at crossroads between Central Pattaya Rd, and 2nd Rd. They also serve Thai and Indian food. But be careful: the Indian food is cooked once in a week and they keep reheating it everyday. Unless you are sure its fresh, my advice is not to ask for it. The second counter that you must be very careful of, is the salad counter inside. The green salad is infested with insects. Just tap on the first tray and you will see small cockroaches run away. At Tops Super, do not expect any kind of customer service; it does not exist. If you want seafood, let's say fish, put on a tray and give it to the boy or lady and say the way you want it to be cooked( fried, barbecued, steamed) no more no less. So here food is not bad but customer service is zero and who cares about customer service!

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish is fried fish and white rice with a piece of bread, wont cost too much, around Bht 100 or less.

• shelnlin's Profile Photo

King's Seafood: Fresh seafood, yes... but...

by shelnlin Written Oct 8, 2004

Our waiter and waitress at King's Seafood

King's Seafood kind of makes me think this kind of place is fit for a King who wants to dine on nothing but beautiful and succulent seafood...

Yep Seafood is beautiful (well I love it anyway), Seafood is great eaten fresh, Seafood is great when it is cooked well and Seafood is great when you have great surrondings to eat your Seafood in.

King's seafood has all this but why I do not know, why did I get a real sick stomach within half an hour of leaving this place? I enjoyed the food, the service was good, the soup tasted great and the atmosphere was under the stars. So why did I get a sore tummy after such an enjoyable experience. Maybe it was a bit to hard to see, maybe the lighting could have been a bit brighter, maybe my stomach just didn't want seafood that night which was sad for something it usually loves. I enjoyed eating here, but I think that what I did find was that the food was perhaps a little raw in places and maybe it may not have been steamed for as long as it should. Make sure that your food comes out piping hot for one thing and being seafood make sure it is cooked throughly. It was a nice place to dine in but I was a bit disapointed when my stomach didn't appreciate it and it left me somewhat hungry afterwards. If something is not right, send it back. I couldn't see anything wrong with it when it arrived but with seafood one does have to be careful anywhere they go so I am not going to put this place down, it is probably usually a good place to dine and my stomach just couldn't take it all in.

Favorite Dish: Wherever I go in Thailand, I always order a Tom Yum Goong. This soup is a combination of hot and sour flavours and is great when it is made with seafood. Depending on your tastes you can ask for it to be made mild (not too spicy) or Spicy which by the way can be very hot if not very firey to most Westerners palates. Check out my Homepage for the recipe of this beautiful Soup under Shelnlin's International Cookbook.

• Singles
    • Women's Travel

• volarevolare's Profile Photo

King Restaurant on Walking Street: Yummy Seafood

by volarevolare Written Jun 18, 2004

Next to the Lobster Pot, this restaurant is non-airconditioned and features seats under the cover of an awning as well as seats alfresco next to the sea.

We had our dinner there upon recommendation from a local girl who was actually a waitress promoting an Italian restaurant. She told us that it's quite famous.

Favorite Dish: We had:

Blood Clams
    Grilled Lobster with butter and garlic
    Fried Crabs cooked with Curry
    Sweet and Sour Fried Fish
    Fried rice with shrimp

All very yummy! :)

• Business Travel

Instant Answers: Pattaya

Comments

Hotels Near King Seafood Restaurant
4.0 out of 5 stars