Phetchaburi Restaurants

• Cathy&Gary's Profile Photo

JM Cuisine – Phetchaburi: JM Cuisine – Phetchaburi

by Cathy&Gary Written Mar 18, 2013

JM Cuisine ��� Phetchaburi

JM Cuisine is a very popular noodle house and they have two restaurants in Phetchaburi, we went to the one next to the Phra Nakhon Khiri Historical Park near the entrance to the cable car.

We really only went here to sit down and have a drink but when I saw their noodle menu I had to try one of their signature dishes, I am not sure of the correct name as it was in Thai,but it was the best noodle dish I have ever had with lots of crab and egg. Just delicious!

• Rabieng Cafe: Great value for the price

by tcris52 Updated Oct 13, 2010

In total agreement with the other review. A bit difficult to find (thank you GPS) but worth looking. You have to go down a walk way by the bridge. The go to the last entry.

Two of us ate 4 Thai dishes (two seafood), extra rice and I had nam manao. My wife had water, which was free, for a change. The total bill was 290B. That's about what we would pay for an equivalent meal at one of the better Thai restaurants in Khon Kaen, where we live.

Service was great and, even though a bit small, not crowded or noisy. There were 3-4 other small groups and food came in good time.

Highly recommended.

There is also a guesthouse connected with the restaurant that looks like it might cater to backpackers.

Favorite Dish: We eat a lot of tom yam gung and this was very good. Also, try the kai jiao Petchaburi (omelette). I like kai jiao and this was very well done.

• Myndo's Profile Photo

Rabieng Guest House Restaurant: A local gem!

by Myndo Updated Mar 22, 2008

Rabieng Restaurant

The Rabieng Guest House Restaurant is not so easy to find, located at the River at a bridge (Chisa Road crosses there).
    It was very recommended by my guide book.
    And it was worth the searching and looking for a parking space.
    The restaurant has a wonderful view on the river (we watched a big leguan get out of the water when we were there).
    The Menue is a "must-see", too. I think I have never seen so many items on a restaurant menue. And they did have all (at least the 4 dishes we choose).
    They have Thai dishes, Seafood and continental food as well. They also have such unusual things as serpent soup, cat fish salad etc. No I did not have that.

The guesthouse does also offer Eco-tours in the National Park close by.
    They looked really good, too. But it took more time than we had, then.

Favorite Dish: Sour sweet soup with prawns and thai basilikum,

palm heart soup.

Instant Answers: Phetchaburi

Comments

Phetchaburi Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Phetchaburi restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Phetchaburi sightseeing.