My purpose for this trip was to see Phra Samut Chedi. I took a ferry from Paknam ferry for only 3.50THB and the trip took about 10 minutes to Phra Samut Chedi pier. For round trip, you can see different side of the river. The scenery of river, island and mangrove forest 're very nice esp. sunset time. This is an easy way to find a beautiful shot in Samut Prakarn.
This temple was built in Ayutthaya period and renovated again in early Rattanakosin period on King Rama III reign. The most outstanding building 's old Ubosot or ordination hall with finest stucco on the pediment. Close to Ubosot area 's Mondop building where house the Buddha footprints. In the temple, there 're some wooden monk's residence which one dedicated as museum.
This old temple has a long history from Ayutthaya period as can see the style of ordination hall with curve base. Another interesting building 's Chedi where decorated with potteries. This chedi was built in Rattanakosin style.
I took a bus from BTS Bearing and hop local bus to Paknam area. Then walked to pier in the Paknam market. Took a ferry for 3.50THB to Phra Samut Chedi pier. The cruise takes about 10 mins with great scenery of Chao Phraya river and green island. From pier, I walked to the temple, just noticed a big Chedi as landmark of this area. The Chedi 's also the symbol of Samut Prakarn province. Originally, this area used to be an island where have outstanding Chedi. Later, the land can connected by the changing of water way. The Chedi was built in King Rama IV as a landmark for sea transportation. The temple was built 130 years later.
Re-creation Area - The Reflection of Thai Talent
The thoughts and beliefs existing in Thai society has been added in this theme park.
100. Sala of Ten Reincarnations
101. Giant Swing and Brahmin Temple
102. Sumeru Mountain
103. Sala of 80 Yogi
104. The Royal Water-Course Procession
105. Mondop of Bodhisattva Avalokitesvara (Kuan-Yin)
106. Bodhisattva Avalokitesvara (Kuan-Yin),
Performing a Miracle
107. Sala of Ramayana
108. Phra That Mondop
109. A Botanical Garden of Thai Literature
110. Pavilion of the Enlightened
111. The Rainbow Bridge
112. Pavilion of Recollection
Eastern Region has been known as the nature property of Thailand.
92. The Garden of Sacred Stupa
93. Prasat Satok Kok Thom, Sa Kaew
94. The Ancient Theatrical Pavilion
95. The Hall of Wat Nimit, Trat
96. The Garden of Phra Aphaimani, Rayong
97. The Old Sea Wall at Chachoengsao
98. The Red Block Fort, Chantaburi
The cultures and civilizations of Pre-historic ages as well as of the Historic Periods could be traced in this region.
63. Phra Chedi Si Song Rak, Loei
64.The Mondop Containing Footprints of The Lord Buddha, Uttaradit
65. The Yamaka Patihan
66. Phra That Bang Phuan, Nong Khai
67. The Shrines
68. The Garden of Pha Daeng-Nang Ai
69. Phra That Narai Cheng Weng, Sakon Nakhon
70. The Lan Chang Scripture Repository and Wihan
71. Phra That Phanom, Nakhon Phanom
72. Khao Phra Wihan (Preah Vihear), Si Sa Ket
73. The Reclining Buddha
74. Nang Usa's Look-Out Tower,Udon Thani
75. The Folk Museum
76. Phra That Ya Khu, Kalasin
77. Ku Khu Maha That, Maha Sarakham
78. Prasat Hin Nong Ku, Roi-Et
79. The Garden of the Prince of the Golden Conch
82. The Meditation Retreat
83. The Buddha Image Being Protected by the Seven-Headed Naga
84. The Thai-Songdam Village
85. The Stupa of Wat Phra That Sam Muen, Chaiyaphum
86. The Phimai Sanctuary, Nakhon Ratchasima
87. The Phanom Rung Sanctuary, Buri Ram
88. The Octagonal Sala
89. The Churning of the Ocean
90. Prasat Sikhoraphum, Surin
91. Dvaravati Wihan
You can find in this region the Ancient City of Sukhotai.
39. The Gateway of Wat Pho Prathap Chang, Phichit
40. The Krai Thong Garden
41. The Prang of Wat Chulamanee, Phitsanulok
42. The Sukhothai Wihan
43. The Garden of the Gods
44. The Fortified Wall around Kamphaeng Phet
45. The Floating Market
46. The Wihan at Wat Phrao, Tak
47. The Lotus-Bud Tower
48. The Bench of Public Appeals, Sukhothai
49. Noen Prasat, Sukhothai
50. The Grand Hall of Wat Maha That, Sukhothai
51. The Main Chedi of Wat Maha That, Sukhothai
52. Phra Lo's Garden
53. Ho Kham, Lampang
54. The Chedi of Cham Thewi, Lamphun
55. Wat Chong Kham, Lampang
56. The Wihan at Sa-Moeng
57. Chedi Chet Yod (The Seven-Spired Pagoda) Chiang Mai
58. The Wihan of Wat Chiang Khong, Chiang Rai
59. The Water Hall
60. The Northern Thai Village
61. Phra That Chom Kiti, Chiang Rai
62. The Wihan at Wat Phumin, Nan
80. The Prang at Si Thep, Phetchabun
81. An Image of Hindu Deity with a Mitred Crown
This region reflects the Siamese civilization of the country.
15. The Palace Garden
16. The Audience Hall of Thon Buri
17. The Buddha Image of Dvaravati Period
18. The Dvaravati House
19. Khun Phaen House
20. The Great Battle of Yuthahathi
21. Krom Phra Ratchawang Borworn Maha Surasinghanat
22. Three Pagoda Pass, Kanchanaburi
23. The Dusit Maha Prasat Palace, (The Grand Palace)
24. Rattanakosin Dwelling
25. The Wihan at Wat Phra Si Sanphet, Auytthaya
26. The Chom Thong Palace Hall
27. Sanphet Prasat Palace
28. The Ramayana Garden
29. The Kam Yaad Palace Hall, Ang Thong
30. The Phra Kaew Pavilion
31. Khun Chang-Khun Phaen Garden
32. The Fruit-Shape Tower (Prang Mafuang), Chai Nat
33. Mondop of the Lord Buddha's Footprint at Saraburi
34. A Monk's Residence
35. Prang Sam Yod, Lop Buri
36. The Wihan of Wat Pho Kao Ton, Sing Buri
37. The Courage of The People of Bang Rachan
38. The Thai Hamlet from the Central Plains
39. The Shrine Housing the City Pillar
Southern Part of Thailand where you can see important places, monuments, etc.
1. The Royal Stand
2. The Information Pavilion
3. The City Wall and Gate
4. I-Nao Garden
5. The City Sala
6. The Manohra Garden
7. The Stupa of Phra Boromathat Nakhon Si Thammarat
8. The Pallava Group of Images
9. The Stupa of Phra Maha That, Chaiya, Surat Thani
10. The Old Market Town
11.The Tiger King's Palace, Phetchaburi
12. The Scripture Repository
13. The Bell Tower
14. The Stupa of Phra Maha That, Ratchaburi
The Ancient City , Muang Boran in Thai. The place where can touch all important cultural and historical places in Thailand for only 1 day.
There’re a numerous reproductions of pavillions , temples, stupas , stone sanctuaries , traditional houses, villages and markets. Some buildings ‘ve moved from the old place and reconstructed here. Presented an area as a map of Thailand show where the places situated , I think it’s a good place for understanding Thailand in a short time.
Also there’re some sculptures depicted about Thai beliefs,legends and folklores with a greenery scence. Good place for relaxing also.
Bicycle renting ‘s available.
Open everyday 8.00am – 5.00pm
How to go there :
By bus: take air con bus no.511 to the end of line at Paknam ,then take mini bus no.36 . It pass the entrance of the anceient city.
By car : take the express way to Samrong –Samut Prakan . Turn left to the old Sukhumvit road , the Ancient city ‘s on the left at Km.33.
I am seriously impressed from Crocodile Farm and shows in Samutprakan. It is not far from Bangkok. Guys play with crocodiles like toys and visitors enjoy visiting a reptile heaven that hundreds of crocodiles live. never forget your cameras when going there because words can not explain those moments.
you can see a lot of Brown Headed Gull at Bang Pu. This place is so many people come on the weekend. Here's where you can relexing.