NIGHT MARKET: GIVE YOURSELF A TREAT
Si Racha boasts an excellent night market with hawkers stalls outside and a large area inside with around 40 stalls and many tables. It is located on Si Racha Nakhom 3 halfway between the shopping mall and the seafront. There is a good selection of seafood.
Favorite Dish: My favourite was a spicy Thai salad which is put tgether in front of your eyes by a friendly lady and her partner. If you stand in front of the main building her stall is the very first one on the right
HOTEL NEXT TO SOI SRI WATTANA: BREAKFAST BUFFET
While we were walking past this hotel we were greeted by staff promoting the hotel's buffet breakfast and it did not take much persuasion was we looked at the food on offer. There was a selection of cereals, eggs any style, bacon, ham, various breads, rice, Thai dishes, fruit, vegetable, juice and drinks----and all for around 120 baht. There are a selection of magazines and newspapers to read.
ISLAND TEMPLE RESTAURANTS: DON'T MISS THE FRESH SEAFOOD!!!
Once you have crossed the causeway to the island temple of Wat Ko Loi there are many small restaurants on your right which will be particularly crowded at the weekend. They are by the ocean and you will sit down on the floor Thai style at a table a foot or so high while you view the surrounding area. The staff speak little English but most have an english menu. Every type of local seafood is on the menu and tastes delicious. We ate squid, shrimp and crabs along with fried rice. You can select your own seafood which is kept chilled at the front of each restaurant.Try it, you won't be disappointed.
Restaurant Pan and David at Rim Talay Resort: Best Thai food Ever!
Pan is the chef at this outdoor restaurant. It is very clean and the food is always fresh. Pan took cooking lessons in Bangkok. She would go every Saturday to Bangkok for the lessons. Wow! That's like 6 hous round trip. you can order your breakfast and have it delivered to your room if you stay with them. And they have alot of seating around the kitchen.
Favorite Dish: • Spicy-sour shrimp soup (tom yam kung) B140 •
• Whole sea bass (white snapper) steamed in soy sauce B220 •
• Cheddar & bacon burger B150 •
• Crisp-fried tuna steak with green peppercorns B140 •
• Spicy grilled pork salad (namtok muu) B85 • Squid tempura B85 •
• Steamed crab B140 (500 grams) • Crab fried rice B50 • Garlic bread B50 •
#149; Grilled cheese on tuna salad sandwich B110 •
• Home-made fettucine with asparagus & anchovies B155 •
• Spaghetti all'Amatriciana (fresh tomato sauce and bacon, Parmesan)B125 •
• Free-range chicken sweet green curry B120 •
• Mixed salad with balsamic dressing B95 •
• Filet mignon with wild mushroom sauce, French fries and vegetables B285 •
• Pork cutlet with three-peppers sauce, French fries and vegetables B160 •
• Large Singha beer B65 • Heineken B80 • Half-bottle Mekong B140 •
• Montevino red or white house wine B65 / glass•
Wine by the bottle
• Lazo Cabernet Sauvignon (Chile) B495 •
• Matthew Lang Semillon - Chardonnay (Australia) B610 •
• Black Opal Cabernet - Shiraz (Australia) B825 •
• Vignale Pinot Grigio (Italy) B900 •
- Budget Travel