German Hofanbrahaus, Chiang Mai

by bradbeaman
    Hofbrauhaus German Restaurant
    by Mikebb
  • Hofbrauhaus German Restaurant , lunchtime
    Hofbrauhaus German Restaurant ,...
    by Mikebb
  • RAINBOWWINGS's Profile Photo

The Hofbrauhaus Restaurant: When you are all Thai-d out!

by RAINBOWWINGS Updated Feb 18, 2008

After 3 weeks of Thai food, which I adore, I just felt all Thai-d out and needed something completely different, so where better to go than a German restaurant! This huge place with lots and lots of terrace tables and chairs was always full. A smiling chubby Thai couple dressed in lederhosen and Germand/Austrian national costume greeted us and lead us to a free table. Wienershnitzels were a must and absolutely delicious. Giant steiners of beer crowed the small tables and the whole atmosphere was one of holiday fun...an oasis in the midst of madness. Our second visit saw us eating a huge prok chop with creamy mashed potatoes and red cabbage. Dont miss it!

Favorite Dish: Everything on the menu.

• slasty's Profile Photo

German Hofanbrahaus: German Hofanbrahaus

by slasty Written May 16, 2006

Of all the places to find a great German Restaurant but in Chiang Mai. Thai staff are dressed in German uniforms and speak a little of the language. Restaurant has a German/Thai feel. Serves great German food and traditional German Beer. Very popular restaurant and once I tasted the food I knew why. Pretty reasonablty priced and can sit indoors or outdoors.

Favorite Dish: Weiner Snitsznell

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

German Hofbrauhaus: Thai & German Meals a Delight

by Mikebb Written Feb 23, 2006

Hofbrauhaus German Restaurant , lunchtime

We tried this restaurant as it had been recommended by friends who dined there several years ago. We ate there twice, both times lunch and found the food to be fine, the first time we ordered european food, the second Thai and with hindsight we should have stayed local. Some of our group liked it so much they ate there daily. I did not think it was that good,however It had a good range of local and international beers.

We walked past on several evenings and this large restaurant was completely full , even to late evening. They have entertainment in the evening , together with lights and the buz of a happy crowd it looked the place to be.

Favorite Dish: I had Viena Snitchel but as it was made from pork I was a little disappointed as I am used to Veal snitchel.

• bradbeaman's Profile Photo

Hofbrauhaus: German at the night market

by bradbeaman Written Jun 29, 2006

Hofbrauhaus German Restaurant guide. In the Night Market area just diagonal behind McDonalds.

Favorite Dish: I recommend the Weiner schnitzel and apple strudel.

Instant Answers: Chiang Mai