Chiang Mai Warnings and Dangers

Best Rated Warnings and Dangers in Chiang Mai

• Western scam artists!

by Ubiquitous Written May 5, 2013

When my wife (who is Thai) and I walked near Old Town, we were approached by 2 enthusiastic Aussie men. They were handing out free scratch tickets where you could win prizes. I scratched the wax off my ticket and when one of the men saw I had 3 stars, he became very excited, as did his partner! According to them, we had won a week in an island hotel and just had to accompany them to the travel agency to claim our prize. Suspecting a scam or bait and switch of some sort, I declined. They then tried to appeal to my sympathy because they would receive 1000 baht just by bringing me to the agency!
    Well, we didn't go, so I don't know what the plan was, but the moral is that all touts and scam artists are not necessarily Thais.

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Remember to drink a lot.

by Gili_S Written Jun 3, 2008

The climate in Thailand can be very hot, while hanging around remember to have a break for some drinks, can be cool smoothly in the city or just coconut in the jungle.

• PierreZA's Profile Photo

Stray dogs

by PierreZA Written Mar 24, 2008

All over town, as well as the temples, you will see many stray dogs. At some temples there are donation boxes for the dogs. I’m sure these dogs are best avoided, not to get bitten.

Monks

• M.E.R.V's Profile Photo

Billboard

by M.E.R.V Updated Mar 31, 2003

There is a really huge billboard as u walk out of the airport terminal. It says Welcome All Visitors To Chiang Mai...then it goes Except Drug Traffickers. Woah!!! Very harsh there isn't it?!

read the sign

• Tourist$'s Profile Photo

Capsize Raft & Camera

by Tourist$ Written Jun 26, 2006

River flow is fast & serious injuries likely if fall into water due to Drowning if Trapped by Rock underwater & Puncture by Sharp Bamboo.
    Capsize Raft will damage your Camera.

Bamboo Rafting. Capsized Raft  Body Injuries & Camera Damage Likel Beautiful Doi Inthanon Water Fall
    • Rafting
    • Hiking and Walking

• LeDragon's Profile Photo

Respect the king.

by LeDragon Written Jun 22, 2003

Thais respect their king a lot and want you to do so. There is a fine for anyway who would destroy a bill, since the face of the king is on every bill. Be nice ;-)

Instant Answers: Chiang Mai

Comments

Chiang Mai Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Chiang Mai warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Chiang Mai sightseeing.