Mae Sai What to Pack

• Our friends in their rain gear before our ride
    Our friends in their rain gear before...
    by BorderHopper
  • Me and my daypack for the trip into Myanmar
    Me and my daypack for the trip into...
    by BorderHopper

Most Recent What to Pack in Mae Sai

• BorderHopper's Profile Photo

Rain Gear For Those South East Asian Showers

by BorderHopper Written Jun 8, 2005

Our friends in their rain gear before our ride

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Many times while riding a motorbike in South East Asia I've been caught in a sudden down pour only to get soaking wet. Our friends, Jason, My, & Connie came prepared on our outing from Mae Sai to the Mekong River. They brought their rain ponchos & were able to stay dry during a rain storm we encountered on the road back to Mae Sai.

• BorderHopper's Profile Photo

I like to pack light !

by BorderHopper Written Feb 25, 2003

Me and my daypack for the trip into Myanmar

Luggage and bags: A light backpack that can double as a day pack. Leave your heavier stuff in the hotel when you are out on day hikes.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Its a little cooler in Mae Sai during the winter months...but its actually refreshing! If you are used to the heat and humidity of Bangkok then it may be wise to bring a light jacket or a long sleeved shirt for warmth at night.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: You can buy it all there in Mae Sai

Photo Equipment: Bring your 35 mm, special film if need be, digital camera, etc.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: The potential for alot of trekking exists so bring what you would normally bring when you go trekking.

• Adventure Travel

Instant Answers: Mae Sai

Comments

Mae Sai What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Mae Sai what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Mae Sai sightseeing.