Ban Ao Nang Restaurants

• kyoub's Profile Photo

Indian restaurant: Not just Thai food

by kyoub Written Jan 27, 2009

Waiting

Here we were surrounded by all kinds of Thai food but we decided to go to an Indian restaurant.
    We hadn't had any for over a week and we were missing our weekly fix.
    The restaurant was on the main drag, in front of the beach, but I forget the name of it.
    The food was very good, I remember that.

• Marans's Profile Photo

Jeanettes: Easy and very good

by Marans Written Aug 15, 2007

Jeanette's is a place owned by a swedish lady. It has all of the good food of Thailand, and some of the classic swedish dishes...I ate there almost every day, and it was always good and nicely served by attentive staff.

Easy to read meny, with "hot" grading, 1 pepper= weak, 4 peppers=very hot...

Lots of good seating, and good air. good toilet.

They also serve a breakfast buffet for a good price.

Most customers ar nordic and families, so if you donĀ“t want kids all over, be smart and select the time you visit...

Favorite Dish: all of it!

• mtcowgirl's Profile Photo

Mussaman Thai Restuarant: Great Eats at Incredibly Low Prices

by mtcowgirl Written Jun 6, 2007

The Mussaman Restaurant

Massuman is a great little local restaurant kind of out of the way which is probably why so many tourists miss a great opportunity to eat traditional Thai food at incredibly cheap prices. The restaurant is relaxed with a simple wooden interior. It's not a fancy restaurant by any means but at just a couple of dollars per dish, you wouldn't expect it to be!

Mussaman is run by a local dive guide and his family from Coral Diving. The food is excellent and they go out of their way to provide great service. Once you make friends, dishes start coming on the house and you can't beat that kind of hospitality. After one meal, everyone remembered me and what I had to eat the previous day!

The food was just stellar and so cheap that I'm sure my eyes bugged out of my head when I got the bill. When I ate just by myself with an appetizer, main course, and several fruit drinks, I only paid 5 Euros for the entire meal! An extra little appetizer and some fresh fruit for dessert came on the house for being a return customer.

Favorite Dish: Ouch, do I have to pick just one???

I guess I'd have to pick the Mussaman Thai Curry from which the restaurant takes its name. Loaded up with spices, the curry is hot and spicy but oh-so delicious. Available in beef and chicken if I remember correctly.

The spring rolls are a nice appetizer as always.

Another item I'd recommend would the the fruit drinks. The pineapple frostie drink is delicious!

• akkipaa's Profile Photo

Lagoon restaurant: Try thai or Tom Kha Kai!

by akkipaa Written Apr 2, 2006

Whether you feel like steak with fries, pasta, or red curry with rice.

One among the best. Food is exellent and it is made and served with huge care and sense. We didn't try international tree times ate here thai style and the last evening there was party and some program. Buffet was italian with thai style seefood. Price was 650 path per person (drinks excluded), but it was worth every penny (and photo is from the buffet).

Normal meals 150 - 350 paths, beer 90 (+ taxes) and service excellent and quiet.

The restaurant serves the pool area too.

Favorite Dish: Take any thai, we went through 7 meals, no suprises, all were just excellent. (It took some 1500-1700 paths for two persons: soups, main course one ore two beers, wine and water.

The Last Fisherman: Close and local

by akkipaa Written Apr 2, 2006

The last bar in the beach is very suitable for lunch cause of reasonable prices and the close location if you spend your time in east part of the beach. Our hotel was close to this bar and we ate almost every day there something. Not a long menu, but you can find soups and sandwiches there.

Soups and beer for two persons was 300-450 paths.

Favorite Dish: Soups!

• akkipaa's Profile Photo

Food of the street: Try if you are used to street food.

by akkipaa Written Mar 30, 2006

Don't try this at your first days, let your stomach get used to local food first. But after some days or week this is the fastest and cheapest way to eat. Avoid MacDonnalds which you can find from main street, try these instead. A couple of those sticks and bottle of water was 40 paths (about 0,9 euros).

Instant Answers: Ban Ao Nang

Comments

Ban Ao Nang Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ban Ao Nang restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ban Ao Nang sightseeing.