Know about this? Rate It!
Cheap and convenient
Favorite thing: Anyone who wants to travel from Butterworth to Hat Yai can book a seat in one of those vans which shuttle regularly between these two towns.
At the taxi stand at foot of the stairs (from the Pg-BW-Pg ferry), you will be able to see some wooden shophouses ahead. The ticket booths are at those shophouses. You can ask the taxi drivers waiting there for confirmation.
It only costs RM27 per person, one way. There a number of trips each day, beginning from as early as 5.30 am. The van picks up people from Penang before coming to Butterworth.
One of the agents has this telephone numbers:
04-3328721 and 04-3248209.
- Road Trip
- Budget Travel
Fondest memory: The ubiquitous Tuk Tuk, seen everywhere in Thailand with Hat Yai being no exception. The Hat Yai ones have 4 wheels and a steering wheel as opposed to the ones with 3 wheels and motorbike-style handlebars seen in some other places.
Favorite thing: 45 minutes flights from Bangkok or 10 hours by bus. I tried both but I still prefer going there by night bus.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Plenty of choices
- Agoda.com Save up to 75%, Don't miss! Live support, Instant confirmation.
Hat Yai Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Favorites
- Pacific Coast Highway / Highway 1
- Nha Trang Favorites
- Hotel Zone
- Puerto Princesa City Favorites
- Pattaya Favorites
- Kodaikanal Favorites
- West Los Angeles Favorites
- Downtown Seattle
- Myrtle Beach Favorites
- Torremolinos Favorites
- Vejer de la Frontera Favorites