Tourist Attractions in Hat Yai

• Tourist Traps
    by gopeace

Most Viewed Tourist Traps in Hat Yai

• MJL's Profile Photo

Okei, I have heard those girl...

by MJL Updated Aug 24, 2002

Okei, I have heard those girl and boy places in Thailand and see some from outside. As I like to travel alone I have waited when someone takes me to those places or talks this matter. It has happened only once (and I'm very glad that it has often not happened more). One local guide asked me if I want to go girl bar. Of course I really did not want that, but I let guide to take me not so clean bar. There was a couple of not so young women and a whole place was not a place where you want to take your family. Althought it was very near city center and my hotel.

I said 'Thank you, but not' and we left. This happened in Hat Yai which is very near a Malaysian border. I am wondering if malaysian muslims and chineses from Singapore will will be using these 'services'. Propably so.

Thailand has done quite a lot for eliminate the so called sex tourism, but it's not nice if some from a tourism industry (a guide) will arrange these things. Of course if someone likes these it's his/her choice.

• anoum's Profile Photo

Fishy business

by anoum Written Jul 15, 2005

Don't eat in restaurants directly opposite the Lee Garden Complex. You will get your throat cut.

Unique Suggestions: Ask for the price of items. If seafood, check the weight of the fish etc.

Fun Alternatives: Instead just walk down the road or the lane between the cut-throat restaurants, and you will find more reasonably priced ones.

• Tiger Show vs Sexy Show

by mikiki Written Apr 18, 2006

I would totally avoid BLUESHIP Travel, a ticket sale counter located at Niphat Utbit3 rd. Besides offering tour tickets it also sell puppies and you could easily locate the ticket counter since it was at the entrance to a basement carpark ramp.

I bought a tiger show ticket for 250 bat and was directed to a hotel nearby. Upon reaching there , there were a few patrons (abt 35 of us) and the girls were in swimsuit like costume. They perform sexy dance similar to that of bartop pole dance, and that is it. By the end of the show, all patrons were so surprise that the entire night just end like this without any sex (intercourse) show as it claimed. I guess everyone else felt CHEATED just like me.

the next day I returned to the counter and tell the lady abt my disappointment. Tho she offer to give another free ticket, she said that the show does not include sex (interco..) , but I can tell that it's just a very unsincere approach.

One the whole, people were very nice there. I will return for more. :)

• fendyhashim's Profile Photo

Tuk Tuk

by fendyhashim Written Jul 20, 2007

Over-price tuk tuk ride

Unique Suggestions: Negotiate and ask around before agreeing for a ride. It is important to ask around as you may find the fares is vary from one another. You don't wanna end up paying ridiculous price when you can save for something else.

Hat Yai Hotels

Hatyai International Hotel
The Florida Hotel Hatyai
Latest: Feb 4, 2014

Instant Answers: Hat Yai

Comments

Hat Yai Tourist Traps

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Hat Yai locals.
Map of Hat Yai