Safety Tips in Hat Yai

by ravi.mys
    Issuing a Parking Fine
    by phil_uk_net

Most Viewed Warnings and Dangers in Hat Yai

• The worst 5 star service!

by catchthismonkey Written Mar 8, 2014

We traveled from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore via Konsortium Bas Ekspres (coach plate: AHM8466) on March 7 2014 and was utterly disappointed. The driver was horribly rude literally swearing at us to get off the bus, giving those elderly attitudes for being too slow. This was still okay. What was most disappointing was the condition of the coach! Our seats were infused of cigarette smells, one of our seat cushion was damaged and the of wrapping of the coach were all peeling off - the whole journey was uncomfortable! For a coach company over 20 years of experience in this industry, I was expecting something better. Such a failed service. Try it at your own risk.

• harrycath's Profile Photo

Is Hat Yai safe?

by harrycath Written Oct 12, 2008

I have actually been reading up quite a fair bit on Hat Yai, esp. blogs and forums where people who actually live in Hat Yai give their 2 cents. I have also been in touch with close relatives in Penang who make monthly trips to Hat Yai.

Risk wise, its as safe (or as risky, depending on whether your glass is half empty or half full) as say, Bali?

Anyway, I appreciate your advice and concern.

• travelpug's Profile Photo

Bombing!!

by travelpug Written Aug 24, 2007

Due to the unrest situation in the 3 southern most provinces of Thailand (Yala, Pattani, Narathiwat), tourists should always becareful when traveling in the south. Even bombing incidents had happened in Hatyai in the past couple years. Should be more alert when traveling.

• dangeours bus driver - konsortium bus puduraya KL

by MALAYSIATOURIST Written Jan 8, 2007

Beware of dangerous bus driver at puduraya, any unexpected incident can happen....

AFter this horror near accident experience, My daughter and I will never again want to take buses at puduraya - Kuala Lumpur anymore. Perhaps would never again visit this place anymore. The driver who almost run off my daughter's head, did not even apologise but yet abusively told us off. We bought tickets from Konsortium bus company counter at puduraya, ticket stated 6.00pm departure time, but bus didn't show up on
    time, however when the bus arrived, it didn't park at the right terminal (the correct platform where passengers were instructed to wait at )instead it was double parked at a distance away. A Man shouted loudly that bus to ....arrived, quickly get on. We all had to walk across to where the bus was parked. I had two luagages, so I asked the bus driver assistant to help open up the luagage compartment for me. When he lifted up the compartment door, I started bending over slightly and tried to insert the luaguages into the bottom compartment, my daugther was standing next to the compartment door trying to give me a hand. ( the compartment is very low where the height of the door lifted up is only up to her shoulder height ) Before we finished, suddenly
    the bus moved speedly and was driven away. I called up my daughter "watch up" ! she quickly bend down and escaped ( her head ) from being hit by the compartment door. I almost fainted when I saw this near accident. The bus stopped at a short distance away. Again, we had to walk toward where the bus stopped. After I got on the bus, I told the bus driver what he just did was so dangerous, he did not even apologise but yet shouting at us that he had
    to give way to other buses leaving the terminal and told us off that if I don't like it just leave the bus.I told him I would report him for his dangerous driving. And he said to me " go ahead, I am not afraid". what a shame!
    If you know who ( tourist complaint centre in Malaysia ?) I can report this to ? let me know.

MT

• kenningst's Profile Photo

Sex Services

by kenningst Written Dec 11, 2006

You might be hassled by tuk-tuk drivers and motorcycle taxi riders on "special" services offered especially if you are male tourist. Unless you are generally interested, they can be pretty annoying...

• Careless Bus Driver (KONSORTIUM BAS EKSPRESS)

by ravi.mys Written Aug 28, 2006

When travelling from Hat Yai to Kuala Lumpur, booked ticket in KONSORTIUM BAS EKSPRESS, a very comfy double decker bus. (had pleasant experience while travelling from KL to HAT YAI in the same bus). We started from Hat Yai in the evening around 7.pm and crossed the Thai immigration. We entered Malaysia Immigration office around 9.30-9.45pm, everbybody had to take the luggage off the bus and carry it for screening. I was asked to meet the Immigration supervisor (had Multiple Entry Visa issued by Malaysian consulate in India) which took about 25-30 minutes. Once through with the formalities, to my HORROR the bus had LEFT. While crossing Thai the driver took headcount and made sure everyone was on board, but in Malaysian border, left me in a LURCH. There aren't too many choices/hopes of transportation, since the border closes by 12 Midnight. I Explained my situation to the officer who asked someone with a bike to catch another bus which had just passed the border, the biker chased the buss like hell and to my relief I was able to board it. Be careful and warned about these type of BUS SERVICES which could put you through NIGHTMARE.

Konsortium Bas Ekspres
    • Singles

• phil_uk_net's Profile Photo

Traffic Wardens ...

by phil_uk_net Written Dec 20, 2003

... the scourge of motorists across the world.

Although it may appear that on Thai roads there are no rules or regulations the Thais are pretty hot on parking fines. Like everywhere else, I guess this is a good (and easy) source of income for the local authorities.

Watch out where you leave your car if you drive to Hat Yai.

Issuing a Parking Fine

• AngMimi's Profile Photo

Malaysian time vs Thai time

by AngMimi Written Jun 24, 2013

Thai time is always 1 hour behind Malaysia time.
    So, better set your watch the correct thai time.
    To avoid some embarrassing moments, we had in Thailand.

• phil_uk_net's Profile Photo

Smelly Fruit

by phil_uk_net Written Nov 28, 2003

As is the case in many Asian countries, you will find that lots of places will not tolerate the eating of durians on the premises. Eat your smelly fruit elsewhere.

No Durians

Latest: Apr 20, 2014
The Florida Hotel Hatyai
Latest: Feb 4, 2014

Instant Answers: Hat Yai

Comments

Hat Yai Warnings and Dangers

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Hat Yai locals.
Map of Hat Yai