Ko Lanta Favorites

• mamasan69's Profile Photo

SECOND VISIT, LONGER THAN PLANNED

by mamasan69 Updated Oct 3, 2005

BEACH VIEW-Koh Lanta

Favorite thing: As stated above, I only planned to spend around 3-4 days on Koh Lanta this trip, but I extended this to almost 10 days. I guess the best reason to explain this would be because I was having such a great time.
    I wanted to meet up with the people I had met the year before, and after seeing them again, decided to spend some extra time visiting, and hanging out with them.

Fondest memory: Well I guess the things I will miss the most until next time would be hanging out with the guys during the day, and partying with them at night. We would listen to music, fish for squid during the day, and drink lots of Thai whiskey at night. On another note, two of people are moving to Sweden (they got married) and I won't get a chance to see them again here, so I enjoyed spending time with them while I could.

• Beaches

• mamasan69's Profile Photo

SHORT BUT SWEET STAY

by mamasan69 Updated Oct 3, 2005

US PARYTING WITH A COUPLE OF GERMAN GALS-Koh Lanta

Favorite thing: I would say that a combination of swimming and walking around every day on the quiet, peaceful beach, with nice weather, was highly relaxing especially after Koh Phi PhI.
    The second part of my favorite activities would be getting a tattoo the traditional way (with bamboo), an experience that I will always have something to remember it by.

Fondest memory: After the first three weeks of crowded beaches with lots of tourist activity, it was a very good change to come to Koh Lanta and have a little peace and quiet (during the day anyway).
    The people here were great and there was a laid back atmosphere it seemed, everywhere we went. When I return to this island I plan to try a few different things and explore a bit more, but another tattoo will be on the agenda, I can tell you that.

• Beaches
    • School Holidays

• gabyne's Profile Photo

Beautiful views

by gabyne Written Mar 19, 2005
    beautiful view on Lanta

Favorite thing: On our way round the island by motorbike we came along this rice field with this small hut in the middle. It looked so beautiful...

It is located on the road from the west coast to the east coast, right through the island (there should be just this one road).

• Adventure Travel
    • Diving and Snorkeling

• jenniferchin's Profile Photo

Sea Kayaking

by jenniferchin Written Jan 2, 2004

Favorite thing: Sea kayaking is FUN !! This day trip was over at Talabeng Island.

Fondest memory: Kayaking along the island was really cool and fun ! No worries if you have no experience. The helpful guide will take care of you. We explored a few caves there. Very exciting !!

Lunch was included in the trip. Having a nice meal of rice, vegetables, fried fish, omelate and tom yum soup, washed down with sweet juicy pineapples and watermelon on the beach is totally glorious !!

• Kayaking

• lazuli's Profile Photo

Lazy days & lonely beaches

by lazuli Written Jan 31, 2009

Favorite thing: The peace and quite compared to the rest of Thailand. Some beaches had not a single person on them & no one trying to sell you everything under the sun.

• beaniezotzim's Profile Photo

Meet Other Travelers...

by beaniezotzim Written Sep 28, 2003
    Meeting new people Ko Lanta

Favorite thing: We met some pretty cool Irish Girls while on Ko Lanta. They held up the Irish tradition and drank us under the table every single night. Good times. ; - )

Instant Answers: Ko Lanta

Comments

Ko Lanta Favorites

Reviews and photos of Ko Lanta favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ko Lanta sightseeing.