Ko Lanta Nightlife

THE SIGN SAYS IT ALL-Koh Lanta
    BOB AND I-Koh Lanta
    BOB THE DOG-Koh Lanta

Most Recent Nightlife in Ko Lanta

• Mary Ann's: Just having a really good time!

by Lovechili Written Sep 10, 2011

This place dont look like much from the outside (or from the inside either, to be quite honest) but in this case, looks is definetly deceiving. For the three weeks we stayed on Ko Lanta We stopped here on a daily basis, partly because of the fantastic burgers and thaifood, partly because of the price of beer, but mostly because the owner and his wife is such great hosts. They even took us out on parties on quiet evenings, without making a single bath on us. (i'm actually a bit embarrassed that I didnt offer any compensation, but they never asked) A fantastic startingpoint for an evening out. The difficult thing is to find the damn place! .

Dress Code: Whatever you feel comfortable with. Shorts and T-shirt worked fine for me.

• traceyspacey's Profile Photo

The Irish Embassy: Open almost of all the year

by traceyspacey Written Oct 16, 2007

We found ourselves at the Irish Embassy every night. Because we were in Ko Lanta in October, we found that most of the bars were closed.

We had a warm welcome here. Great place to watch the football or rugby. Darren who owns this place is usually around for a chat and a beer or two.

Dress Code: No dress code

• Vincedem's Profile Photo

Klapa Klum (the last turttle): How much can you chill?

by Vincedem Written Apr 8, 2007

Klapa Klum

This is one of the bars at Long beach and in our opinion this was the most relaxing one. There was a lot of space were you lay down on the cushions and the music was also very diverse.

It´s the perfect spot to look back and enjoy how wonderfull your holiday is!

BOB BAR: DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY

by mamasan69 Updated Jun 7, 2006

THE SIGN SAYS IT ALL-Koh Lanta

On my previous trip to Koh Lanta last september, I met Bob on a few different nights out with my tattoo friends. Even on our first meeting I knew that this was one crazy, but funny Thai guy. He is still the same person that I remember, except now he owns his own bar and restaurant.
    While I was getting my tattoo on my last trip Bob happened to come in and say hi to me, and catch up on things. Needless to say we went to Bob's bar and had a few drinks later on that night and had a blast.
    The bar is located just off the main road and it was only about a 5 minute walk from where we stayed. The restaurant and bar are quite small and because of this it doesn't take very long to fill up. Everytime we ate or drank here we enjoyed the music (reggae of course), the food, but most of all Bob himself. Some of his favorite sayings were "paradise", "freedom", "don't worry", "be happy", or different combinations of them all. Another funny thing when you are here is his passion for Bob Marley and his music. Put it this way, his name is Bob, so is his bar, he also has a dog and cat named Bob. To top that off he also has two pet fighting chickens that he has named fried and barbeque, as in chicken. He also looks like the late Mr. Marley so much that I think he could be his long lost Thai brother...hehe.
    Besides all the fun conversation and Bobs antics, the food and service here are very nice. Bob usually takes care of the bar while his wife runs the restaurant, but it's small enough that the service is never lacking for sure. I would recommend this place to anybody who enjoys a funny conversation while enjoying a good drink or meal. The meal I had the most would have been the BBQ chicken which could be had at almost any time of day or night.

Dress Code: None that I noticed, and generally you don't see Bob in a shirt most of the time. It is a totally relaxed bar and Bob really dosen't mind what you wear, as long as you are comfortable.

• Beer Tasting

• Kaynisa's Profile Photo

Opium: Boogie

by Kaynisa Written May 7, 2006

When u dont know where to go or what to do.. just go around the area.. there are few places and nice spot for you just wiggle around ur behind with pals of yours... its cooooooooool... dance and boogie all night ( oh well perhaps not all night ) but long hours that is...

Dress Code: simple and comfy

• Kaynisa's Profile Photo

Long Beach: Nighttime Performance

by Kaynisa Written May 7, 2006

Gal dancing...

Its pretty cool here in long beach.... not only u can enjoy a buffet of food... especially during the new year's eve but u are also entertained by kids with their lovable and adorable performances...

Dress Code: what ever suits you

• Nemoa's Profile Photo

Klon Ning Beach: NIghtime beach strolls

by Nemoa Written Feb 5, 2006

Enjoy the sunset.

I did not have much of a night life in Ko Lanta but something that is worth to do is to walk on the beach at nightime.
    Beautiful and relaxing.... And it might be romantic too if you are with the right person ;-)

Only make sure you stay safe. Dont venture yourself alone is you are a female. Just in case.

Dress Code: Your bikini and flip flops would be OK

• jenniferchin's Profile Photo

Opium: Kamillll ;-)

by jenniferchin Updated Feb 3, 2006

Opium is one of the coolest places to chill out and be-seen-in in Ko Lanta.

A gorgeous place with a big-ish dancefloor, a long bar overlooking the dancers, a pool table outside and lots of nice wooden rattan tables/chairs in the garden, Opium offers a good relaxing time with good music and conversations.

I say its one of THE hip places to be in Lanta as there were masses of mopeds, motorbike taxis and trucks ferrying customers from all over the island for New Year's Eve. Even the local policemen were hanging out here ;-)

We were lucky as we were staying in the bungalow just opposite Opium .. no need taxis to ferry us back ;-))

Dress Code: c a s u a l !!

• dragontml's Profile Photo

Opium: Free pool games @

by dragontml Written Jan 12, 2006

Opium

We had dinner one evening here and also it was the first place where we met Anna, Leah, Phil and Wess.
    A fun filled evening...

We returned here on new year eve and had some drinks and waited for the countdown !

Dress Code: Casual is fine, there was one evening, we walked in with t-shirt and shorts...

WHY NOT BAR/REGGAE BAR: NICE PLACES TO CHILL OUT

by mamasan69 Updated Oct 3, 2005

THE BAR-Koh Lanta

During my extended stay on Koh Lanta this time, I partied at night mainy between these two bars. The guys from Bamboo Tattoo introduced me to both of these bars and this turned out to be a blast.
    The Reggae Bar was located fairly close to my room so it was nice and close. This was a very small bar with a stage and dance area all cramed into this space. The first time I was here there was a live band playing, this was good for the most part. At the end it turned into a jam and in my opinion, this was a good time.
    By far the Why Not Bar was my favorite spot to visit on this trip for sure. It was about a 20-30 minute scooter ride from my room (on the nasty roads), but once we got here, it was all forgotten. This bar was also small and very laid back. It was very easy to relax in this place and enjoy the music, and at the end of the night have fun in a jam.
    I do want to go back and enjoy the same, if not better experience, at both of these bars on my next trip to this island.

Dress Code: The code for both of these places would be to dress comfortable, and wear what you like.

• School Holidays

BAMBOO TATTOO BAR????: TATTOOS AND FIREWORKS

by mamasan69 Updated Oct 3, 2005

FIRE SHOW ON THE STREET-Koh Lanta

This bar is owned by brothers that are all a totally great group of guys. As soon as we entered the bar we were made to feel at home. The service is excellent and the food is very good.
    During the day the place is pretty laid back but at night the bar picks up a liitle bit. Don't get me wrong the bar is not that big, and therefore there isn't swarms of people all around. It is a calm, friendly environment, and a couple of the brothers put on some fire shows later on at night once it gets dark.
    Inside the bar there are many hanging decorations that look quite nice, They are made from the shells and driftwood that wash up on the nearby beach.
    This is also where we all got great tattoos from the brothers. The shop (Bamboo Tattoo) is located just off to the side of the main bar area and it stays open late.

****UPDATE****The restaurant/bar were not open yet on my last visit, due to the terrible tragedy, a few weeks before I arrived. We would stay there during the day and go to other places at night that were not too far away.

Dress Code: What ever you feel like wearing, as long as it is comfortable and light.

• Adventure Travel

• edachsund's Profile Photo

Nite with no ending

by edachsund Updated Mar 4, 2004

There is plenty of beach bars around this area. You wont feel lonely. Just go out and have fun!
    Those bars are around the beach. you can travel somewhere to town maybe if you want to look for others bars or night club.

• jenniferchin's Profile Photo

have no idea ...: Beach bars

by jenniferchin Written Jan 4, 2004

Was wandering about the beach with a nice stranger ... looking for a good spot to dance with great smoove music. And we found it ! I have no idea where this was (sorry !) and I blame the Singha beer for it :-p

Dress Code: Comfortable clothes (the less the better) and barefoot.

• beaniezotzim's Profile Photo

Miami bar: Hang out at a bar

by beaniezotzim Written Sep 28, 2003

bang lassie ko lanta

We did not do very much while on Ko lanta, this was mostly a chill out location for us and we did just that. we did enjoy the bar area of our bungalow operation. If you are staying at or are near Miami bungalows, have a bang lassie.... they are *good*

• kismet270's Profile Photo

I BAR

by kismet270 Written Apr 15, 2003

Every Tuesdays and Saturdays. I went every week - and its a great club because unlike Pee Pee, the majority of people are Thai. Check out a rather unique way of dancing from some 18y/o thai boys who have had one too many buckets :-)
    Ask at your resort (TOP VIEW) how to get there, they will usually take the car if there are enough people, or they will call for a free I BAR cab...

Instant Answers: Ko Lanta

Comments

Ko Lanta Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Ko Lanta nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ko Lanta sightseeing.