Ko Lanta Sports & Outdoors

Best Rated Sports & Outdoors in Ko Lanta

• gabyne's Profile Photo

Great scuba diving around Ko Lanta

by gabyne Written Mar 19, 2005

The diving around Ko Lanta was one of the most impressive I've seen so far (which is quite a lot... ;-)). Especially, the areas of Hin Daeng and Hin Muang as well as the Ko Ha islands were beautful.

In season, you'll see Mantas, sharks, tunas, turtles, big schools of fish and, if you're very lucky, a whale shark...

Equipment: You can bring your own gear or rent it at one of the diving schools situated on Ko Lanta. Most of them are in Ban Saladan.

underwater cave
    • Diving and Snorkeling

• mamasan69's Profile Photo

SQUID FISHING AT DUSK

by mamasan69 Updated May 22, 2005

While hanging out and spending time with the guys from Bamboo Tattoo, they asked if I would like to go fishing. I had never fished for squid before so I was very excited to try this out. This was still early in the afternoon, so we sat back and waited until the "right " time, and had a few drinks.
    At about 5:00pm we all went down to the beach and within minutes, I had my first ever squid. It was quite a small specimen, but I was happy because I was the first to catch one. We ended up catching 20 that day and when the sun went down, had a big BBQ back at the tattoo shop.
    I went out fishing with these guys a number of times after this, and had a great experience, learning and watching them fish. I learned very fast that they can attach to your hand in a hurry, and they are a good shot with the ink. Oh well, this was all part of the fun, and trying something new.

Equipment: Any of the gear can be purchased locally, and really not too much is needed. A casting rod, minnow lures, and a plastic bag are all a person needs.
    If you are like me, beer, sunglasses and smokes were also a requirement...hehe.

MY FIRST SQUID-Koh Lanta
    • Fishing

• Lazy Longtail boat trip around the Island

by shelley2007 Written May 26, 2007

Circumnavigate Ko Lanta, a full day’s adventure, this trip offers the easiest solution, exploring East and West coasts of Lanta, as well as the mangrove forests in between Ko Lanta Yai and Ko Lanta Noi. Enjoy the sheltered beach with lighthouse on Ko Lanta’s National Park; sip a cool drink while sitting on the sands of Ao Nui on the West Coast. With a wealth of bird-watching opportunities in the ancient Mangrove forests and stops at some of the favorite beach spots along the way, pick-up service from almost anywhere.

Equipment: A swimsuit and Towel, Cold beer is on the boat!

• Diving and Snorkeling
    • Eco-Tourism

Instant Answers: Ko Lanta

Comments

Ko Lanta Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Ko Lanta sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ko Lanta sightseeing.