Ko Lanta Things to Do

Most Recent Things to Do in Ko Lanta

• vpas's Profile Photo

Ko Rok for snorkeling

by vpas Written Jan 5, 2014

We went for a day's trip to Ko Rok islands.It was the most amazing place for snorkeling. The boat arrived at 8.15 a.m.at our hotel near the beach front and picked us up. After stopping at various small piers to pick up other passengers, we stopped a little away from Ko Rok to do snorkeling. The variety of fish was so amazing and it was an unforgettable day for us.We paid Rs.1100 THB per person, this included snorkeling equipment and lunch, water and fruits.
    The guide was very good. We were then taken to Ko Rok islands and had lunch there. There were many monitor lizards lazing around in the islands and it was a great photo op for many close ups with the big lizards!! We rested while, before we took off back to be dropped off at our respective hotels. All in all it was a supremely enjoyable day! We got back at 4.30 p.m.
    Unfortunately we did not have an underwater camera to capture the amazingly beautiful underwater sea creatures!!

• vpas's Profile Photo

Four Island Tour

by vpas Written Jan 4, 2014

We took the four island tour with the Four Island Tour Company. We were picked up from our hotel at Saladan Pier at 8 a.m.. We drove to the main pier and from there we went on a small boat onto a bigger boat. They served us tea/coffee and warm toast on the boat. We went to Ko Ngai to do some kayaking/snorkeling, then to Ko Mook and the Emerald Cave, then had some lunch on the boat. Then we reached Ko Kradan where we were allowed to snorkel, kayak or rest on the beach and then finally to Ko Ma or Ko Chuek.
    It was a thoroughly enjoyable day in the sea with so much activity. We were dropped off at our hotel at 5.30 p.m.. I would surely recommend this tour. The highlight was the breathtaking Emerald Cave. We paid 1250 THB per person for this tour.

• Kayaking

• deeper_blue's Profile Photo

Beaches

by deeper_blue Written Mar 4, 2012

There are actually two islands called Koh Lanta, Ko Lanta Noi and Ko Lanta Yai. Yai is the best and where you can find the nicer beaches. Here you can relax in paradise and get a cheap massage. Highly recommended!

• Learn to Surf koh Lanta

by hugogo Written Oct 22, 2011

I did lots of research online about Learning to Surf in Thailand and found out that Koh Lanta Watersports did good courses. I was not dissappointed. Sam is an excellent teacher. I did the full learn to surf course. It was broken down over a few days which was great as I was really tired after learning to paddle the first day. Sam also showed me safety and how to catch the waves and stand up. The beach - Klong Dao is really safe and the wave size perfect for beginners. I really liked the personal service and that there were no other crowds. I am hooked and cant wait to try again - even though the water wont be as warm at home! Great service and a fun time. They also teach windsurfing and kiting, wish I had moree time. Lanta was great in low season also - just the locals, really chill, and the weather not bad at all.

• Surfing
    • Windsurfing

• Snorkelling - 4 Islands Tour

by missbossy Written Jan 2, 2011

There are a number of snorkelling tour operators. We ended up taking Opal. They overbooked and the boat was too packed when it started to rain... so a number of people got very cold in the driving rain. Plus there ended up being only enough fins for half of us.

Snorkelling is a serious tourist trap with 4-6 boats moored at every location we visited. The snorkelling itself was quite disappointing - not much sea life except for the feeding frenzy of fish they lured to the boat with food. The coral, like most in the region, were bleached and devoid of color.

We went in late December... so perhaps the visibility is better at other times of the year.

• Water Sports

• Stand Up Paddleboard SUP Tours

by SUPer888 Updated Aug 24, 2010

We rented some SUP stand up paddleboards from the people at Lanta Paddlesports and had a great time. They were very friendly and gave us tons of free advice. We rented SUP boards one day and then took a tour to an island later that week. The water was clear and we could see lots of fish during our paddle. The kids had a great time as well. They are highly reccommended.

• Eco-Tourism
    • Adventure Travel
    • Surfing

• tanyakahana's Profile Photo

Cooking Class

by tanyakahana Written Jul 26, 2009

"Time for Lime" cooking school, is a very pretty place where you can do a cooking class in an open air pavillon kitchen right next to the beach. There is a beach bar and a dining area (time for lime is also a restaurant) and they also offer bungalows to stay (but i can't evaluate them).
    We spent a very relaxing afternoon at time for lime, tasting, smelling, cooking, decorating our self-cooked dishes and feeling the breeze from the sea while drinking lemongrass-margharitas. perfect!!

Two classes daily: 12:30-17:30 (intro, curry paste+4 dishes)
    18:00-22:15 (intro+3 dishes)
    babysitting arrangable for parents

everyone gets a cooking apron to take home.

dining everyday from 6 pm

+++ There is also another cooking school on ko lanta, the lanta thai cookery school. also nice, outdoor kitchen, not on the beach though. less "staylish", more tradiotional, very nice chef!!www.lantathaicookeryschool.com+++

• francischris's Profile Photo

Island exploring on a motorbike build for 2.

by francischris Updated Aug 21, 2007

Parking the bike near the restaurant

The roads are now well paved compared to few years ago.So the best way to explore the island would be on a bike dropping off at various waterholes for a beer or 2.Be careful not to have one too many and weave on the road like a drunken snake.The bikes are very low cc,I believe shd be 70 cc and have a choice of automatic clutch ( slightly higher price) so should not be dangerous for begginers.Choice of 4 hrs ,half a day or full day hire which means 24 hrs.
    With this acquired mobility you could also visit various eating joints/restaurants to savour the varieties n fares.
    Not forgetting you could explore various stretches of beach on the west coast all day long without sacrificing your poor feet.

• Lanta Old Town

by shelley2007 Updated May 27, 2007

Jump on your bike and scoot on over to Lanta Old Town, located on the East side of the island, it is one of the region’s most culturally diverse with Chinese merchants, original Thai and Muslim fishing families and an ancient Sea Gypsy community who have lived in harmony for over a century. Today, the same daily activities and traditional structures, such as traditional markets, longtail fishing boats and Chinese shop houses built over the sea remain as they did when the town served as one of Thailand’s busiest merchant hubs. It has a variety of very good restaurants both Thai and western all with in walking distance.
    Don't forget to stop in Hammock House for Hammocks and Batiks, Book a Longtail to outer islands like Ko Bubu, with Lanta Longtail, and visit the newly opened Islander's Museum.

• Eco-Tourism
    • Motorcycle

• Vincedem's Profile Photo

Long beach

by Vincedem Written Apr 8, 2007
    Long beach

This is the beach were we stayed. As the name says it´s a very long and big beach and for that reason you never have the feeling that it is crowded and when we were there it was very calm but maybe it had something to do with the fact that the season was almost finished (end March).

This beach is very clean, nice blue water and seats are available for free!

• mamasan69's Profile Photo

OLDEST TATTOO REDONE 2006

by mamasan69 Updated Jun 6, 2006

GETTING STARTED-Koh Lanta

In what it seems to a ritual when I come to Koh Lanta, I once again got another tattoo. Well actually it was part my oldest tattoo getting recolored and then getting more added to it. Over the course of 10 days I ended up getting 3 seperate tattoos in the same area, to finally make 1 larger version of my old tat. Each session took on the average 3 hours each to complete, and cost me only around 8000bht.
    It was great seeing my old friends at Bamboo tattoo and meeting up with some new ones as well. The artist that did my tattoo this time around was only 15 years old. I was a little shocked when I heard it was going to be him doing my tat, but after seeing him do some work, I knew it would be OK.
    I already have plans for my next one and can't wait to get it on my next trip. It will be an addition to my first bamboo tattoo design, just with more shades of color added around it. I enjoyed my whole stay on Koh Lanta this time, but as always getting a new tattoo makes it that much better for me. On that note it was quite funny to see my picture hanging on display in the tattoo shop, it was from my previous trip when I got my name done in Thai.

• mamasan69's Profile Photo

ELEPHANT TREK

by mamasan69 Updated Jun 6, 2006

THE START OF OUR TREK-Koh Lanta

After Kiki had to go back to Bangkok for work I decided to stay for a few extra days to finish my tattoo. During this extra time I went on an elephant trek with an English guy that we met up with. We booked it at the Lanta Sunny house for 900bht each and left around 12pm, came back about 4pm (don't know why they call it half day).
    It started with a truck ride to the other side of the island and then after a short wait for our elephant, away we went. The afternoon began with a about a 1/2 hour trek into the jungle on back of the elephant, a quick stop for water and feeding our ride, and then a hike into the jungle without the elephant. The jungle "walk" lasted about an hour each way, we went to see a waterfall and the Tiger Cave. The walk toward the waterfall was a little delayed due to the fact that our guide had to rescue a wild dog that was caught in a rabbit trap. It felt good to see the dog set free, but it was kind of freaky after because it followed us almost to the falls. After a short visit to the falls we made our way back toward the cave and hung out for a bit. Once we were finished exploring the cave the return was just the opposite when we left, hour walk and then the rest on our elephant.
    This was my second time going on an elephant trek, but this one was different then the one on Koh Chang. There was more walking involved with this one, but while on the elephant here the guide stayed on the ground and gave it voice commands, instead of sitting on it with us. Another difference was when we stopped there was a chance for us to feed the elephant, which was a funny experience for sure. I didn't realize that the trunk was so rough feeling and it kind of surprised us both when we felt it.
    This was a great way to spend the afternoon, it provided us with a little excersise, a great view in the jungle, as well as a few good laughs along the way. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for this kind of excitement or enjoys the outdoors.

• Hiking and Walking
    • Jungle and Rain Forest

• Kaynisa's Profile Photo

Reading by the beach

by Kaynisa Written May 7, 2006

Well if you are tired of swimming and dont know what else u want to do.. here's a great suggestion : READ! im sure most of you carry along a story book or something.. so why not hang around the beach side and read that book of urs.. and finish them up.... im sure while enjoying the scenario... u got good reading time spent....

Massage your weary muscles

by francischris Updated Feb 17, 2006

Price board

After a day of snorkelling n swimming it's time to wind down with a Thai massage.The massge in a airy hut is soothing with the smell and sound of the sea...probably dooze off. OFF.After the massage u can enjoy a coctail at the bar hut below.

Speed boat to Ko Rok

by francischris Written Feb 13, 2006

Ko Rok

swimming n snorkelling in crystal clear water.Swimming amongst the fishes and devouring sights of corals n the underwater world.The speed boat piick us off the the beach at our hotel.Cost Baht 1200 per pax. Includes lunch ,fruits n beverages.Duration from 9 am till3pm.Took about 1 hr boat ride from Lanta to Ko Rok basically there are 2 islands Ko Rok Nai and Ko Rok Nok.Then to various spots for snorkelling.Water depth abt 30 meters and crystal clear ,all the way to the bottom.Had lunch on one of the island ,Ko lanta national Park.

Instant Answers: Ko Lanta

Comments

Ko Lanta Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Ko Lanta things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ko Lanta sightseeing.