Ko Lanta Things to Do

SUNSET

Best Rated Things to Do in Ko Lanta

• Learn to Surf koh Lanta

by hugogo Written Oct 22, 2011

I did lots of research online about Learning to Surf in Thailand and found out that Koh Lanta Watersports did good courses. I was not dissappointed. Sam is an excellent teacher. I did the full learn to surf course. It was broken down over a few days which was great as I was really tired after learning to paddle the first day. Sam also showed me safety and how to catch the waves and stand up. The beach - Klong Dao is really safe and the wave size perfect for beginners. I really liked the personal service and that there were no other crowds. I am hooked and cant wait to try again - even though the water wont be as warm at home! Great service and a fun time. They also teach windsurfing and kiting, wish I had moree time. Lanta was great in low season also - just the locals, really chill, and the weather not bad at all.

• Windsurfing
    • Surfing

• Vincedem's Profile Photo

Long beach

by Vincedem Written Apr 8, 2007

This is the beach were we stayed. As the name says it´s a very long and big beach and for that reason you never have the feeling that it is crowded and when we were there it was very calm but maybe it had something to do with the fact that the season was almost finished (end March).

This beach is very clean, nice blue water and seats are available for free!

Long beach long beach 2

• Snorkelling - 4 Islands Tour

by missbossy Written Jan 2, 2011

There are a number of snorkelling tour operators. We ended up taking Opal. They overbooked and the boat was too packed when it started to rain... so a number of people got very cold in the driving rain. Plus there ended up being only enough fins for half of us.

Snorkelling is a serious tourist trap with 4-6 boats moored at every location we visited. The snorkelling itself was quite disappointing - not much sea life except for the feeding frenzy of fish they lured to the boat with food. The coral, like most in the region, were bleached and devoid of color.

We went in late December... so perhaps the visibility is better at other times of the year.

• Water Sports
    • Diving and Snorkeling

• Kaynisa's Profile Photo

Socialize

by Kaynisa Written Feb 10, 2006

If u are bored u can basically walk along the long beach and stop at any bungalow areas they have there and do what we vters do best... snap photos or socialize....

find a place to hang out

• jorgegomes's Profile Photo

Island hopping

by jorgegomes Written Jun 1, 2004

From Ko Lanta island there are some boat trips that you can do.
    1- Emerald Cave
    2- Ko Rok island
    3- 4 islands
    4- Hin Daeng & Hin Muang (Divers spot)

Ko Rok
    • Diving and Snorkeling

• dragontml's Profile Photo

Walk along the beach...

by dragontml Written Jan 10, 2006

Its an beautiful island and we spent most of our time at Long beach...its a very long strech. We did a morning stroll and a return walk takes about one hour.

high tide @ sanctuary

Writing

by jenniferchin Written Jan 4, 2004

This is one activity that I do alot when traveling solo. I had quite alot of time on my hands ~ so it was writing my journal as well as postcards to friends all over.

Ko Jum (2)

by jenniferchin Written Jan 4, 2004

One thing I relish about my few hours here was seeing how families could come and holiday here.

This little boy was a few metres away from where I was and man ! was he enjoying himself :-)

Long Beach

by jenniferchin Written Jan 7, 2004

This is one of the better beaches on Ko Lanta. The landscape is flat and sand very powdery and HOT !! The waters here are really nice as well :-)

A good place to sunbathe !

• edachsund's Profile Photo

We went to Midday Swim.

by edachsund Written Mar 4, 2004

Maybe I seek for none heavy activity while I am here. I went just enjoying the salt sea water and although I am not sun bathing still my skin toasted.

Me and Natra

• davidjo's Profile Photo

EXPLORE THE ISLAND

by davidjo Written Mar 26, 2012

Rent a bicycle and explore the south of the island where you will find villages that are rarely visited by tourists. Many of the houses are built on stilts over the ocean.

SEA GIPSY VILLAGES ENTERING VILLAGE ON STILTS
    • Photography

• Rastarigo's Profile Photo

Speed your way to Koh Rok

by Rastarigo Written Feb 11, 2012

Lovely snorkeling, fine white sand, beautiful beach, an hour speed boat ride from Koh Lanta. tour is 1,200 baht per person

• traceyspacey's Profile Photo

Enjoy the beach while you can

by traceyspacey Written Oct 16, 2007

Well we went to Ko Lanta towards the end of the wet season. It was very wet. However we did get a glimpse of Sun now and then. Drop what ever you are doing-go enjoy the beach!

Rain on the way More rain on the way Sunshine at last

• Vincedem's Profile Photo

Saladan Town

by Vincedem Written Apr 8, 2007

This is the little town at the pier where you have to take the ferry. Saladan is a nice place where you can find some little shops where you can buy your souvenirs, beach stuff or some books.

Saladan

• davidjo's Profile Photo

BEAUTIFUL SUNSETS

by davidjo Written Mar 26, 2012

When i was in Ko Lanta it was nice to sit on the beach early evening and watch the terrific sunsets.

SUNSET, KO LANTA SUNSET

Instant Answers: Ko Lanta

Comments

Ko Lanta Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Ko Lanta things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ko Lanta sightseeing.