Ko Lanta Noi Travel Guide

longtail boat, ko hai
    by gib157
    on the way to the 'emerald cave'
    Me on Ko Hai

Ko Lanta Noi Things to Do

by gib157 Written Apr 18, 2005

The best beaches on KO lanta are on the west side and so get very dramatic sunsets. I only saw one (wow sounds like an event) but it was very very nice.

Sunset on Kantiang Bay

by gib157 Written Jan 27, 2005

Ko Hai was the last island I went to on the one day boat tour. When the boat anchored I just stared at the water. It was amazing, so clear and sparkling. It was very warm aswell and the beach was totally empty apart from a couple of friendly dogs. The sea was very shallow out to a little reef and the scenery out to the horizon was stunning. I could have layed here for hours.

Me on Ko Hai

by gib157 Written Jan 27, 2005

On the western side of Ko Muk is the Emerald Cave. I didnt know we were goign here, the boat just kept going towards these huge cliffs. Even once we'd gotten there I still didnt notice the semi-submerged cave opening. We were given life jackets and our guide put cameras and stuff into a waterproof bag. I really wish I had put mine in there as I have no pictures from inside. We then jumped in and swam in total darkness about 80m through this cave. It was very surreal, all you could here was echoing voices and the slow BOOM of waves hitting the rocks. It sounded like fake dinosaur sound effects! With only a little torch to follow we then saw ' a lgiht at the end of the tunnel'. A very surreal snene then emerges of this secluded lagoon/beach tuked away inside the cliff almost like someone has just stamped a hole in the cliff and drilled a cave through. Sitting in here watching the waves comming through the black hole was weird. Although it was beautiful it was a bit claustrophobic. When the recent tsunami struck aparently around 80 tourists were trapped inside. It is only possible to reach at low tide.

Cave entrance

Instant Answers: Ko Lanta Noi

Comments

Ko Lanta Noi Travel Guide
Map of Ko Lanta Noi