Ko Lanta Yai Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Ko Lanta Yai

Kaw Kwang Beach Resort Restaurant: Kaw Kwang Beach Resort Restaurant

by Cathy&Gary Updated Mar 26, 2011
    Noodles with chicken 65baht

We always stay at Kaw Kwang Beach Resort now when we visit Koh Lanta and surprisingly their restaurant is very good for authentic Thai food.

It is also one of the cheapest places we have eaten. The food is basic but very flavorsome and serves are quite big. On average we were paying 65baht a dish.

So the following photos are all meals we have had at Kaw Kwang Resort and we have enjoyed all of them. The restaurant is also open to the public.

I have a lot more photos of the meals we had on the link below:
    Koh Lanta Eating Out

Thai Orchid Restaurant: Thai Orchid Restaurant

Deep fried fish cakes with spicy chili sauce - 80b

Just a couple of kilometers south of Saladan on the beach side of the main road you will find the Thai Orchid Restaurant. If you are looking for delicious Thai food at great prices then this is the place to go. The staff here are also very helpful and love to have a chat with you.

Once again we totally over ordered here, we thought we would share a few dishes but really could have done with half of what we ordered. Our waiter recommended I have the deep fried whole fried fish with lemongrass and it was one of the best fish dishes I have ever tasted. Actually everything we ordered here was mouth watering and great value.

Tod Mum Pla
    Deep fried fish cakes with spicy chili sauce - 80baht

Pla Rad Sace Tekral
    Deep fried whole fish with lemongrass 250baht

Fried rice & vegetables 80baht

Satay Prawns 20baht each
    The prawns were served with a traditional rich Thai peanut & cucumber relish.
    Best satay prawns I have ever had!

Yam Neauyang
    Spicy grilled beef salad 100baht
    Lightly grilled beef with cucumber, onions, spring onions tossed in a lime & hot chili dressing.
    Perfect!!!

Thai Orchid restaurant is definitely one of our favorite place for dinner in Koh Lanta and we are looking forward to many more meals there.

Opium Bar & Restaurant: Opium Bar & Restaurant

Opium Bar

About six kilometers from Saladan Town heading south to Long beach you will see the Opium Bar on your left. We had been looking forward to going here after reading so many good reviews on the place. So we decided to have a few drinks and stay for dinner.

It is a nice looking place with salas to sit in out the front. Gary ordered a beer and I went for my very first bucket of vodkas and coke, they were having a special on buckets for 240baht.
    We also ordered a few dishes to share and the prices were:

Garlic bread - 50baht
    Chicken satays - 60baht
    Chicken with garlic & pepper 70baht
    Pad Thai - 70baht.

The food was ok but very small serves. Now we have finished dinner and Gary is still trying to order another beer, it was virtually impossible as the 3 staff had their backs to us watching the soccer on TV, they did not turn around once. There was only one other couple besides us and they left quite quickly!

By now Gary is helping me drink my bucket, when we had finished that we had to go to the bar and ask for our bill.

We were very disappointed in the service at the Opium Bar as we had intended having a few drinks, not to worry we left and went somewhere else!

Corner Bar & Restaurant: Corner Bar & Restaurant

by Cathy&Gary Updated Mar 12, 2011
    chicken in curry peanut sauce 130baht delicious!

We have really enjoyed our times at the Corner Bar in Koh Lanta. It is such a pretty place with lots of flowering plants, greenery, shells and wind chimes. There are also a few very friendly cats and dogs.
    We loved sitting there with a beautiful big black cat on the table, we felt like we were back home! They did come to move the cat from our table but we told them he was ok and could stay there with us.

The Corner Bar is not actually on a corner but it is on the street leading down to the passenger ferry. So if your head for Saladan Town, it is the second to last street on your right before you get to the end of the road.

The food is good, portions sizes are bigger than average and reasonable prices, they also make a mean Black Russian for 150baht, it is very strong and I had to turn it into two drinks!
    Our meals below are Kaeng Pha Naeng Gai - chicken in curry peanut sauce 130baht - delicious!!
    Si Khrong Mu Thot - deep fried pork spare ribs - 130 baht
    Kaeng Masa Man Neva - beef mussaman curry - 130baht

We highly recommend calling into the Corner Bar for a drink or meal.

Ancient Realm Restaurant: Ancient Realm Restaurant

by Cathy&Gary Updated Mar 11, 2011

We have had a few lunches and dinner in the restaurant at Ancient Realm Resort & Spa. It was lovely sitting there so close to the beach and the food is pretty good here. Gary said the hamburger he had one day for lunch was the best one he had had in Thailand, it even had beetroot in it, must be because the owner is an Aussie.

One night Gary ordered the Beef hotplate and asked for it to be very spicy, well it came out with chicken instead of beef, it was not spicy but it was still delicious. The tempura onions are perfect, the batter is so light.

I ordered Ausssie fish and chips, the fish was delicious but I was not fussed on the frozen chips that were served.

German Bakery: German Bakery

German cake

Nong Sabai German Bakery is on the main road of Koh Lanta in the Klong Dao beach area. It is owned by a German couple who bake all their own breads, pastries and cakes. All the smallgoods such as salami's, sausage etc are sourced in Phuket.

We called in for a quick lunch one day and I ordered a chocolate milkshake which was perfect as it had heaps of extra ice-cream in it. My cheese, salami and salad on a freshly baked German roll was good.

I was not going to have cake but when the owner said I could have a piece of their cake half price due to the chocolate setting to hard, well how could I resist! It was such a big slice but of course I managed to eat it all!

Gary ordered dark bread and German sausage which cold and did not come with any mustards etc.

Papa Restaurant: Papa Restaurant

Salted prawns & dill sauce - horrible

Papa restaurant is in Saladan town and is built on stilts overlooking the water. We did not realize that this is a Swiss influenced restaurant and first impressions were good. It looks lovely here with lots of flowering plants, fans to cool you down and friendly staff.

The Swedish cook suggested we order the salted king prawns with dill sauce for 150baht and garlic bread so we ordered a few serves between the four of us and a couple of pizzas.

All I can say is the prawns were shocking, it was like they had 20 ton of salt poured over them, none of us could eat them. They looked nice enough but were just way to salty, this would be the first time ever I have not eaten a prawn dish. The garlic bread was also very dry and crunchy. I did not take photos of the pizzas but they were also very average.

So we were very disappointed with our meals at Papa restaurant.

Lanta Tavern: Lanta Tavern

Lanta Tavern - my chicken dish was 220 baht

Well I was craving a good roast dinner with lots of fresh vegetables so we decided on the Lanta Tavern which is located on the main road heading south from Saladan opposite the Long Beach area.

The restaurant is small but has a nice feeling to it, very cozy and the staff are excellent.

The hardest part was trying to choose from their extensive menu as everything looked so good. We started off with garlic and cheese bread for 70bht. We shared this entree as the serves are very big at Lanta tavern.

Soon we would realize just how big the portions were!

For my main I ordered the chicken with fried potatoes, pepper sauce and vegetables. It was only 220baht and the meal was massive, I could not eat all of it. It is making me hungry just thinking of this meal as it was so good, the vegetables were cooked perfectly, still a bit crunchy and the chicken was mouth watering.

Gary ordered the half rack of ribs which also came with a quarter piece of chicken, corn on the cob, chips for 380baht. He also really enjoyed his meal so there is no doubt we will go back to Lanta Tavern and recommend the place to friends and family.

The Lanta Tavern also does a traditional English breakfast so we are looking forward to trying that next trip!

Prapakarn Restaurant: Prapakarn Restaurant

Prapakarn Restaurant

Prapakarn restaurant is on the main road through Koh Lanta opposite Klong Dao beach.

This restaurant is very cute with an upstairs seating area as well. It is run by a lovely Thai family and the menu has a huge selection of Thai , seafood and Western meals.

The meals above are Spicy Thai beef salad which was delicious and cost 110baht, Beef in garlic and pepper 110 baht, this was pretty chewy and very average, Chicken strips in a spicy peanut sauce and Chicken mussaman curry 100baht which were both very tasty.

Service was also very friendly and quick at Prapakarn Restaurant.

Saladan Seafood: Saladan Seafood

Saladan Seafood Restaurant chili fish 230baht

Saladan Seafood restaurant is set on stilts over the water in Saladan Town. It would have to be one of our favorite restaurants in Koh Lanta and we have been there many times now.

Everything is so cheap here including drinks, on our first visit there with friends we thought the bill must be wrong as we were all drinking and we ordered so many dishes between us.

We ordered 2 Crab Omelettes, green chicken curry, morning glory in oyster sauce, tempura squid, 6 tiger prawns in spicy sauce, seafood hotpot and rice for four, 4 beers, 1 Singapore sling and a vodka & sprite. We were shocked at the bill - only 940baht (about $32.50) The food was up there with the best we have ever had in Thailand!!

We have always had the same waiter when we go to Saladan Seafood, he is such a lot of fun and loved talking to Gary about big bikes.

What can I say about the food, we have enjoyed every dish we have had here. Their Thai green chicken curry is the best I have had anywhere, the crab omelet's are just mouth watering, the chili dishes are a killer, so hot and spicy!

We have only ever been to Saladan Seafood during low season, so there is always an empty table or two but I have heard they can book out during high season.

It is a lovely restaurant with amazing food and nothing is better than sitting out in the open air with a breeze cooling you, enjoying a meal and drinks with good friends.

Saladan Seafood also have a huge selection of authentic Thai food on their menu.

• Cathy&Gary's Profile Photo

Same Same But Different Bar & Restaurant: Same Same But Different Bar & Restaurant

Same Same But Different

Same Same But Different is located at the far end of Kantaing Bay next to Pimila Resort which is at the southern end of Koh Lanta.

First impressions of this restaurant were fantastic, beautiful tropical setting, tables and chairs in the sand, statues everywhere.

It looked lovely!

We took my sister and her husband there for lunch and thought how perfect is this place.
    That thought did not last for long. After a long wait we had to eventually call someone over to bring us a menu but that's ok, we were still looking forward to lunch.

Prices for meals here are on the expensive side so we just ordered a couple of dishes. My Thai omelets would have to be the worst one I have ever had, it was inedible, I didn't even take photos as I was so disappointed.

Gary and Brett both ordered Tempura Vegetables and they were shocking, the batter was about an inch thick and not cooked. The chicken satays were also dried out and the sauce was tasteless and very watery.

So our meals here would have to be the worst we have ever had in Thailand!
    Trying to get the bill was also an effort, staff just will not come near you, once again we had to go looking for them.

We took more friends to Same Same But Different a couple of months later but told them that there was not way we would recommend eating there, but we wanted them to see the place so just ordered drinks.

Same thing again, a couple of the staff were sleeping and the person behind the bar was not interested in letting them know they had customers!

So yes the restaurant and bar look lovely but the food is not up to scratch and expensive and the staff need to get their act together!

Viewpoint Restaurant: Viewpoint Restaurant

by Cathy&Gary Updated Mar 11, 2011

Another good restaurant with fantastic views of the east coast.

The Viewpoint Restaurant is a welcome oasis for a meal or just to call in and have a drink while taking in the views.

Another bonus here is seeing monkeys playing in the trees.

The restaurant has a lot of beautiful plants and separate seating areas. It is the perfect place to cool down.

We only wanted a light lunch so I ordered Prawn toast for 90baht. It was a big serve and the dipping sauce was delicious.

The second dish is Vegetable tempura and the price was 80 baht.
    So as you can see the prices are very reasonable.

The Viewpoint Restaurant is on the Koh Lanta viewpoint road not far from Old Town on the east coast.

Khao Yai Restaurant: Khao Yai Restaurant

by Cathy&Gary Updated Mar 11, 2011

Khao Yai Restaurant is famous for its spectacular views of the east coast of the island and it does not disappoint.

The restaurant is open air and very rustic with a lot of wood work and various nick nacks hanging up around the place.

We have been here many times now and our meals have always been good.The staff here were so friendly and love it when you order spicy meals!

Below are some of our favorites.

I ordered deep fried morning glory in spicy prawn salad, it was very, very spicy and delicious. This meal was only 120baht.

Gary ordered fried squid with roast chilli paste also 120baht, another fiery but excellent dish.
    A large icy cold Singha was 120 and my Thai iced tea 50baht.

Khao Yai Restaurant is on the Koh Lanta viewpoint road not far from Old Town on the east coast.

Twin Bay Resort Restaurant: Twin Bay Resort Restaurant

by Cathy&Gary Written Nov 29, 2009
    Seafood Cocktail

Some of the nicest meals we have had were at the Twin Bay Restaurant. The hotel is on Kho Kwang Beach which is at the very northern end of Koh Lanta island.

For our first dinner we decided to sit outside near the beach. It was perfect!

Actually the food was so nice at Twin Bay Resort that it was very hard not to have every meal here.
    Though we did go back three times!

I must say if we had realized how big the entrees were we would not have ordered mains, the portions are huge.

The Squid Hot Pan was so good we ordered it a couple of times, actually Gary rates it as the best squid dish he has had. It came out sizzling and is called a squid hot pan cooked in a garlic and butter sauce. The sauce was sensational and the plate was clean when we had finished.
    This was an entree size and cost 220baht.

I thought I had played it safe by ordering a Prawn Cocktail for my entree, I nearly died when it came out on a dinner plate, there were 13 very tasty prawns and a delicious salad for 220baht.

Then there was the Mixed meat kebab with vegetables. The presentation for all meals was beautiful. This meal was 400baht.

What can I say another mouth watering entree of spare ribs in garlic and pepper 220baht.

Now for my main course of prawns, they were cooked in garlic, pepper and armagnac. The price was 380baht and once again a huge serve, actually I was so full I gave one of the prawns to the Chef's dog!!

The Chef came out on our last night and introduced himself and stayed for a chat, what a guy, he obviously takes a lot of pride in his creations.

Breakfast is fantastic here as well.

If your staying at Twin Bay Resort it is included in the price. There is a set menu with quite a few options and you will not leave hungry. The staff kept coming over to us asking if we wanted more toast, fruit or coffee.

So we highly recommend Twin Bay Restaurant, the food is fresh, delicious and very well priced.

• Relax Bay: Relax Bay beach Bar and Restaurant

by Steve413 Written Apr 5, 2005

Very Caribbean in feel but the food is Thai and French.

there is a fantastic beach bar outside and it is really a great little beach and teh sunsets are incredible.

Instant Answers: Ko Lanta Yai

Comments

Ko Lanta Yai Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ko Lanta Yai restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ko Lanta Yai sightseeing.