Island Safaris, Ko Samui

• Fish_Fish's Profile Photo

Island Safari

by Fish_Fish Written Jan 31, 2004

There 5 in 1, 6 in 1 or 9 in 1 option. So can spend half day or a full day.
    IncludeElephant trekking, rice farming, OK cart ride, elephant show, canoeing, waterfall, monkey show, 4X4 jeep safari, rubber tapping and thai cooking.

Simply book at hotel reception or tourist office.

• meaganelizabeth's Profile Photo

See the elephants and monkeys

by meaganelizabeth Written May 25, 2005

elephant and monkey show

Riding an elephant to the top of the waterfall, is definately different. The "tour guides" are really quite funny and sweet. They sing as you slowly lurch up the mountain. The baby elephants are just adorable. For me, it is hard to watch these big beautiful animals do such silly tricks. Play basketball and sit and crush coconuts. I do not know if this is cruel, but for children or adults it is nice. I have never seen an elephant before, and to be so close and to pet one was really nice. The trek up the waterfall is nice, and you can swim in it. Its very serene and quiet up at the top, and there was some music playing in the distance. It made a very nice video.

• Zoo
    • Theme Park Trips

• Suzze's Profile Photo

A funfilled packed day!

by Suzze Updated Mar 26, 2008

Our transport for the day!

Mr Ung's Jungle Safari Trip was a long great day out and allot was seen and done on this fufilled day. I recommend to do this if you want to see all of these things if you haven't got a long stay on the island.
    We were picked up at 8.30am and were the first pick up. We started off with a visit to The grandfather and mother rocks, then to see the monkeys working the coconuts, onto the elephant trekking where we had half hours ride and at the same place we watched the alligator show. We then drove into the island more to the waterfalls where you have an uphill trek through some of the jungle and then you come face to face with the beautiful falls. You can also swim in the lagoon part too, which my husband did. I did'nt get in as I'd had quite a climb already and the rocks looked slippery and have a bad back, I did not want to take the chance of slipping, so I was working the camera!
    We then drove up to the mountain top and had lunch which was a lovely curry and vegatables. The view was magnificent and breathtaking.
    After lunch the thrills of being in a four wheel drive began! Where it had been raining the mud tracks were very deep and wet and it was like a roller coaster ride! We did get stuck in the mud at one point and had to be towed up the hill. I never thought we were going to move. I was just glad I sat in the front holding on for dear life on the bar in front of me!
    Next stop was the magic garden, then onto see the rubber trees where you can actualy see the rubber taping. The last ports of call were the mummified monk which was really eirie, and to see The Big Buddah near Bohput.

We booked this trip from the hotel and it was about 1700 baht with the elephant trekking as you can book it without.

• Kivi's Profile Photo

Go to safari!

by Kivi Updated Apr 4, 2011

Elephant ride in Koh Samui

In Samui there's beautiful nature and especially beutiful rainforests in mountains. The best and the easiest way to experience nature's wonders in Samui is safari.

We had a half day safari which was organized by Samui Safari. They picked us from our hotel and after the safari, dropped us back.

The best part of the safari was the visit for the elephant farm. Some may think it's unethical to use those huge animals in that way, but in Thailand they have used elephants as a work force for a very long time.

Compared to heavy lumber work, carrying tourists is anyway an easy work.

A night before the trip was a heavy thunderstorm and the humidity was very high in the forest. I drank water but not enough. Walking in a rainforest when humidity is high is a very heavy task. Carry always your own water bottle with you.

• Jungle and Rain Forest

• phil_uk_net's Profile Photo

Jeep Safari

by phil_uk_net Written Mar 9, 2003

Jeep safari

Don't lounge around the beach the whole time - see some of the island! A good way to do this is to take one of the many organised tours in a 4x4 jeep. Part of the itinerary might be quite touristy but you will be taken to some good places include waterfalls where it is possible to take a swim.

Tours are extremely easy to organise. Samui has travel agents everywhere that can do this. It is even possible to book a tour late in the evening for the next day.

• Photography
    • Jungle and Rain Forest

• jojes's Profile Photo

by jojes Updated Jun 17, 2013

Koh Nang Yuan

A great daytrip from Koh Samui is a boattrip to Koh Tao and Koh Nang Yuan.
    Koh Nang Yuan are 3 small islands connected by sandy strips. Great views, fantastic marine life so excellent for diving and snorkelling.
    We booked the trip directly at the hotel, but you can book it everywhere with local touroperators.
    A minibus picked us up at the hotel to take us to Maenam Beach, where the boat left.

• Diving and Snorkeling
    • Beaches

• Carino's Profile Photo

Mr. Ung's Jungle Safari

by Carino Written Jun 28, 2008

My buddy Alex on top of the jeep

This tour includes Grandfather/Grandmother Rocks, Coconut Monkeys, Elephant Trecking, Crocodile Show, Waterfall Swim, Mummyfied Monk, View from Mountaintop, Buddha's Magic Garden, Lunch, Rubber Plantation, Big Buddha and some other stops along the route.

The tour starts at 9am till 5.30pm. Price is 1700 Baht, but of course u can bargain them down. Don't give up, discount is coming ur way. You can book the tour at some of the info boots along the beach.

Make sure, u sit at the top of the jeep. It's great fun and gives u the best view.

• alisonr's Profile Photo

Round Island Tours

by alisonr Updated Dec 20, 2005

At the lookout scenic point

You can get an organised round island tour with many local tour operators including Tour East who i have always found to be professional and very good. Or you can do your own tour on one of those dangerous little bike thingys. We chose the first option becuase I am a wimp.

The tour we went on comprised of the Big Buddah, the infamous Grandpa and Grandma rocks, Namuang Waterfall, Nathon town and a couple of other stops including a monkey show, elephant show and scenic lookout back towards Chaweng Beach.

Instant Answers: Ko Samui