Women Travelling Alone, Ko Samui

Know about this?

• cceber's Profile Photo

Old men looking for young, Thai girls

by cceber Written Jan 13, 2009

It's not dangerous, it's just not a lot of fun when we went out on Koh Samui. Many of the people out are couples or single men trolling for the local Thai women. The Thai women stand and dance around waiting for these men...you'll see 4 girls hanging all over some old man.

• Women, be careful!

by maybetara Written Jun 15, 2003

My cousin and I had several scary incidents in the ten days when we were there that, combined with our overall experience of samui, are the reason for my saying this: if you are a woman traveller with one or two female companions, take care!
    Eg. my cousin had her non-alcoholic drink spiked in a crowded, non-sleazy-(or so we thought) club when i was in the loo, when i came back, three men were trying to get my semi- conscious cousin to leave the club with them (!!!). The police are not helpful and dont care generally also. We were also followed by a group when we left a pub late one night and had to walk along a rather quiet stretch of road back to our hotel . They ran off only when we stopped a passing patrol policeman whom we had to pay (a lot) to escort us halfway back. It's best to keep alert always, and to avoid lonely stretches. This probably applied to many places anyway. But it's very important in a place like samui where many foreigners go to let down their hair and forget that a relaxed environment has its dangers.

Instant Answers: Ko Samui