Krabi Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Krabi

Coffee Doi Chaang

by Gili_S Written Oct 25, 2014

His Coffee Doi Chaang has the logo and name of a famous Canadian enterprise. Is this official or not, I cannot tell. But we went here while walking near the beach to cool down in the air-condition and to drink ice coffee, which was rather good.

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Local restaurant for local food

by Gili_S Written Oct 25, 2014

This was favourite place for Thai food in this location. Unfortunately I do not know the official name of it, but it was just opposite of my hotel Pakasai Resort. What was great in this place was that it was kind of family and home food restaurant, the kind you usually wish to find because most of the restaurants around this area are solely for the tourist in qualities as well as the prices. But in this place you can have traditional Thai food served quickly and significant cheaper than all the tourist restaurant around.

Favorite Dish: Thai noodle obviously

My seafood noodle

Red Snapper Restaurant and Bar

by Gili_S Written Oct 24, 2014

Like almost any location you will be in Thailand also here there is one Red Snapper Restaurant and Bar. Nothing special about this one, it was near our hotel and among the many options around one evening we selected this one. The food quality, price and the service all was about average.

Wang Sai Sea Food

by Gili_S Written Oct 24, 2014

Wang Sai Sea Food is one of the popular places in this place. Located just opposite of friend’s hotel we decided to go and eat here and I took the common and traditional sea food soup which was spicy and tasty.

Mother House: Thai Food near Klong Moung Beach

by GracesTrips Updated Aug 22, 2014

Riding around town in Ao Nang on a rented motorbike, we built up an appetite and decided we needed to have some lunch. We found our way towards Klong Moung Beach. A few tiny restaurants just past the Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort. We had a great lunch of Thai red curry, pad Thai and steamed rice. A couple of Singha's and we were very satisfied. This is a tiny restaurant, all outdoor dining, partially covered with a slight view of Klong Moung Beach. No credit cards accepted.

View from Mother House restaurant Red chicken currie Pad Thai and Rice

The Grotto: Cocktails in a Cave

by GracesTrips Updated Aug 22, 2014

Prior to dinner at Krua Phranang, we arrived early to have a cocktail at The Grotto at the Rayavadee Resort. An outdoor bar with tables and chairs set in the sand at the entrance of a cave. The view of the sun setting isn't quite that good from here because you have this gigantic land mass in your way. But, the view of the beach is still beautiful nonetheless. The Grotto closes early at around 8pm. They do serve food but nothing extensive.

Raitalay Terrace: Italian in Thailand

by GracesTrips Updated Aug 22, 2014

On this particular evening, the restaurant was serving Italian inspired cuisine. Like Krua Phranang, it was set up as a buffet. Appetizers, salads and soups. A pasta station with unique and various types of pastas to choose from as well as various sauces, mushrooms, seafood and vegetables to add into your customized pasta dish. I chose something simple - a few tortellini and ravioli's with a scrumptious pesto sauce with various mushrooms. This restaurant is located on Railay Beach West. We had no idea the Rayavadee Resort extended to Railay Beach as most of the resort is located towards Phranang Beach. We shared cocktails with our Sand and Sea Resort neighbors prior to dinner at this restaurant witnessing a lovely sunset. The dining experiences at the Rayavadee Resort is just superb!

Krua Phranang: Wonderful Buffet Style Dining

by GracesTrips Updated Aug 22, 2014

We had such an enjoyable meal at Raya Dining, we decided to try out the other restaurants at the Rayavadee Resort. It just so happens we were the very first customers to dine at Krua Phranang at the beginning of the season. The restaurant is located along the Phranang Beach with gorgeous views. They have a buffet style spread of food that is just amazing! Several kinds of appetizers to choose from, a salad station with pre-made types of salads or you can have a salad created to your liking. A couple of soups to choose from. I had the cream of asparagus soup that was absolutely delicious. The main course is prepared for you. We had a choice of 4 entrees. I chose the Snow Fish with ginger and spring onion. This must be a pretty large fish because it appeared to be very meaty but flakey at the same time. The dessert station is fantastic. You have to have the Tiramisu in a martini glass! Creamy and light, it's like heaven! The evening's entertainment were five performances of traditional dance and music. Again, just amazing service at this restaurant. Even though this was buffet style dining, we were accompanied by the wait staff to and from our tables as we visited the buffet and never being interrupted once we were at our table. Just a wonderful dining experience! Dinner with a bottle of wine was about 7800 baht or US$236.00, the wine taking up most of the cost.

Raya Dining: Absolute Luxury

by GracesTrips Updated Aug 22, 2014

The Rayavadee Resort has four restaurants. This one is located in the center of the resort with no beach view. The restaurant is beautifully decorated with one entire side of the restaurant completely open to the outdoors. The drink menu is the same at all four restaurants (we know this because we dined at each one). Wine is very expensive. The food is Continental Cuisine with a slight Thai flair. We ordered a salmon cake appetizer that we shared that was quite tasty. I ordered a pork tenderloin dish with a curry sauce accompanied with a sweet potato creme brulee and vegetable spring rolls. This was delicious! I cannot say enough about the outstanding service they provide. The staff is quietly attentive without ever interrupting your meal or conversation. We were pleasantly entertained by two live musicians playing traditional Thai music. After we finished our meal, we relaxed with the rest of our wine. To our surprise, two beautifully costumed Thai dancers appeared and performed for us. This was just so amazing! This will definitely be one of those dining experiences that I will always remember.

Salmon Cake appetizer Pork Tenderloin, Sweet Potato Creme Brulee

Bernie's Place: Bernie's Place

by Cathy&Gary Updated Feb 8, 2014

Bernie's Place has an amazing choice of Thai and Western food all buffet style for 250 baht per person. We have been here many times over the years and have not been disappointed. The food is not amazing but it is good for the price.

This also includes the BBQ, where you choose whatever meat you want and it is cooked in front of you and many choices of ice-cream and topping, all help yourself.

Happy hour is from 4.00pm – 6.00pm and 10.00pm – 11.00pm with 2 for 1 beers and alcohol drinks.

This would also be a good place to take picky eaters as the choices are endless and vegetarians are also catered for.

We always have a meal at Bernie's whenever we are in Krabi, there is such a huge selection of meats, salads, vegetables and Thai food.

Ban Klang: Ban Klang - Chicken Town

by Cathy&Gary Updated Feb 7, 2014

I decided to put the town of Ban Klang (Chicken town) in my Krabi section as its certainly worth a mention. If you are driving to Krabi then its one of the little towns along the way on the main road.

Every time we go through this town we stop and buy a chicken.

Little stalls with rotisseries are set up along the roadway, each stall has a bare light bulb hanging down, if the lights on, then the chooks are cooked and they are absolutely delicious, cooked perfectly and the coating of spices was amazing.  I think the chickens were 120baht each.

Everyone we take here really enjoys this stop and it is quite funny who you can run into at Ban Klang. Sue & I went for a drive to Krabi and stopped for lunch at Ban Klang, we heard Harleys and sure enough it was the boys coming back from Koh Samui!

Actually now whenever we are going past Ban Klang we take orders for chickens from friends in Phuket.

Ban Klang Ban Klang Ban Klang Ban Klang Ban Klang

Tandoori Nights: Tandoori Nights

by Cathy&Gary Written Feb 7, 2014

Well I have to say our meals at Tandoori Nights were delicious.  We were a group of 4 so ordered dishes that we could share and every one of them was perfect.  Just the right amount of spice and so very tasty.  We ordered from the Indian menu plus the Thai menu.

I am not a huge fan of Indian restaurants but would definitely go back to Tandoori Nights.  The staff were friendly, helpful and attentive.

Spirits were quite expensive until I realized they were double shots!

Tandoori Nights Tandoori Nights Tandoori Nights Tandoori Nights Tandoori Nights

Crazy Gringo's: Crazy Gringo's

by Cathy&Gary Written Mar 29, 2013

Crazy Gringos is a family friendly restaurant that is in the Walking Street up the southern end of the beach road at Ao Nang. It is also the place for all day 90 baht Margheritas and there is a menu of over 20 to choose from. Now I had never tried a Margherita until we went here and now I love them. My favorite one is the Hot Chili Mango Marherita.

Their meatballs with Béarnaise sauce and mashed potato was delicious, after being in Thailand for quite a few months I was craving some comfort food and for only 200baht this dish hit the spot. Gary also enjoyed the Crazy Gringo Spicy Burger for 290baht. My favorite dessert here is the Chocolate Mud cake with fresh cream, ice cream and raspberries; it was perfect and only 150baht.

This is a nice place to come for dinner and drinks with a good band that can play absolutely anything you request. The staff are attentive and Dave the Manager is spot on with his recommendations for what to have for dinner. There are also plenty of televisions showing live sporting events.

We are looking forward to coming back to Crazy Gringo’s.

Crazy Gringo's Crazy Gringo's Crazy Gringo's Crazy Gringo's Crazy Gringo's

Last Fisherman bar: Last Fisherman bar

by Cathy&Gary Updated Mar 28, 2013

The Last Fisherman bar is Ao Nang’s only true open air beach bar, with tables on the sand and a bar under a thatch roof and a great selection of cocktails. We have been here so many times over the years and love taking family and friends there as it is such a relaxing place sitting there with your feet in the sand drinking cocktails and watching the sunset.

You can also buy snacks and meals here anytime of the day.

The Last Fisherman Bar is the perfect spot to be on those stinking hot days as you can have a swim then sit at the beach bar for more cooling off or maybe try one of the many massage huts that are next door.

We highly recommend a vsiti to the Last Fisherman Bar if you are visiting Ao Nang.!

The Last Fisherman Bar is at the far end of Ao Nang Beach, just past Golden Beach Resort.
    Keep walking along the beach on the pathway for about 50 metres and you will see the bar.
    (Walk past the bar and there are loads of massage places as well)

• Tantas pizza & sea food restaurant: Horrible restaurant in Aonang

by yonghyeok Written May 20, 2012

If you are planning to go to Aonang Beach in Krabi, Thailand, never use "Tantas Pizza & seafood restaurant".

Should you ignore this advice and choose this restaurant, you will be suspected as a spy by the waiters any time, and ruin your meal which has to be pleasurable.

Dear fellow travelers, I present to you a restaurant that does not know the very basic of a restaurant, only seeking for its own profit.

According to the economic classification, tourism business belong to the third industry, that is, the service industry.

Then, obviously, the restaurant at a tourist spot dealing with tourists also classifies as a part of the service industry for sure.

What is service anyways?

It means thinking in the view of the customers, comprehending their demands; provide appropriate goods and service, earning the profit in return.

In other words, it’s customer-based industry.

I bring caution to the tourists who travel this region that there is a very disrespectful restaurant, which runs without such basic concepts of service and runs on egocentrism.

Thailand, Krabi… Beautiful beach engulfing the blue-green ocean facing Andaman Sea… Aonang beach which stands out as the boulevard of culture…

There is a restaurants that ruins such magical feelings in an instant.

The name is "Tantas pizza & sea food restaurant".

I share with you the experience I had at around 7 pm May 16th, 2012.

That day, we, one foreigner with three Thais, went to have dinner in this restaurant, carrying our cameras.

Shortly after we were seated, we noticed the weird atmosphere among the waiters, not responding well to our questions. At first I thought they were tired.

Out of joy, we took pictures of each other, selected our menu, chatted for awhile, and one friend says, “Pizza takes too long, let’s eat the appetizers first,” and asked for the menu again.

After a few minutes, the owner of the restaurant came along with the menu, threatening to take legal actions if we take pictures of this menu.

Without even knowing what was going on, we told the owner we had no intention to take any pictures of the menu, but she didn’t care to listen to us, repeated what she had to say several times, and returned after saying that every menu in her restaurant had its licenses.

Out of shock, we looked around for any signs saying ‘no photography allowed’, but there was none to be found except for ‘no smoking.’

So we sat around, saying “What kind of restaurant is this? I would leave this place if we hadn’t ordered in advance.” “What’s wrong with the owner.”

For us, we were naturally offended, and we had to say something about this restaurant with its lack of service ethics.

But all of a sudden, a waitress who was eavesdropping on us from afar cut into our conversation, raising her voice.

“Why do you badmouthing our owner? Apologize to our boss, or I shall not serve you your foods.”

Fellow tourists, think about it. Is this for real?

Who is the customer and who is the server here?

I’ve never seen this sort of restaurant in my whole life.

To begin with, why does a waitress meddle with what customers had to say?

Imagine you were to say “This does not taste good at all.” to yourself, and the waiter were to hear that and say, “Why are you talking behind our chef? Apologize or you won’t have your food.” How would you feel?

Is a customer prisoner and is the waiter some sort of a guard?

Where in the world is a restaurant where one can’t speak freely?

If that waitress had her service ethics right, even if she heard such a thing, she would have said “Sir, is there something unpleasant?” without losing her smile, trying to mediate between the owner and the customer.

But this waitress, as if she was the owner’s loyal dog, she tried very hard to please the owner.

Eventually, offended as we were, we started to argue with her, again the owner came, sent the waitress away, told us that she treated as such because we looked like a spy.

Just because we took a picture at a tourist spot, we became spies.

It’s not like this restaurant is a top secret government office. We showed the woman our cameras to check the pictures we took. After checking every pictures, without any doubt, she covered the whole happening with a simple sorry.

Meanwhile, our foods went cold, our feelings offended as far as it could, we just couldn’t stand it.

So we left our foods as they were and tried to leave. The cashier said one thing, “As a sign of our apology, we will give you a ten percent discount on the bill.”

We were so appalled. Fellow tourists. Would you go to this restaurant where they are too busy looking after its fancy menu license to care about customers?

As of this moment, I’d like to start a boycott on this restaurant.

I don’t want any more victims like me, and wish for the prosperity of the nearby restaurants with more delicious foods and professional service ethics.

Furthermore, I urge the owner and the waiteress of the restaurants.

If you really think you’ve done wrong, don’t try to rip off foreign tourists who are ignorant of local information anymore. As late as it is, ponder deeply on what the basic element of service industry. And I hereby demand the waitress who actively picked a fight fired this instant and an official apology.

res1972@naver.com (The email address to which you will send your official apology)

Until I confirm the apology, I will not stop the boycott on this shameless restaurant even if it’s only a one man job.

Those of you who sympathize with my opinion would paste this note on other travel guide or information sites that I have not yet known of. I wish you do not ruin your cherished memory in this self-serving restaurant.

Thanks.

Favorite Dish: nothing

tantas seafood restaurant
    • Beaches
    • Diving and Snorkeling
    • Spa and Resort

Instant Answers: Krabi

Comments

Krabi Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Krabi restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Krabi sightseeing.