Krabi Restaurants

• kyoub's Profile Photo

Orchidea & Ocean Cliff: Ocean view

by kyoub Written Aug 22, 2004

Thai food

We ate most all of our meals at the hotel.
    There were two restaurants
    Thai cuisine with a tropical touch at Orchidea Restaurant, with warm breezes in an open-air dining experience.
    The Ocean Cliff was usually open for the breakfast breakfast and lunch.
    The food was good and the service friendly.

• swissrain's Profile Photo

Baan Mai: Original Thai restaurant in a romantic garden

by swissrain Written Sep 6, 2006

We were not satisfied with the restaurants on the Krabi beaches: overpriced and poor quality, such as only tourists can be served, onetimers, who enter the place to find out and then never return, or only return because there are no alternatives.
    So we set out for Krabi town, hoping to find an original place there. A decent Thai woman gave me the recommendation: Baan Mai (wooden house). Entering the place I knew I would be happy: a wonderful, lush, tranquil garden, and a Thai clientele that wouldn't accept the poor standard of most Ao Nang restaurants. What a difference the way the servants approach the customer here to those Krabi beach restaurants. I felt the time had stood still in that place, getting a service I was used to 20 years ago. The food was excellent, too, and the prices adapted to Thai prices, not inflated like in the tourist ghetto down there at the beach.
    The place is great for lunch, too, so you can get back to the beach with a public bus. I returned to Baan Mai every day for the rest of my Krabi stay, and revelled there each time.

• flying_dolphin7's Profile Photo

Local Thai Pancake

by flying_dolphin7 Written Apr 18, 2006

You can see the Thai Pancake almost every street at Krabi. It's local foods and its quite similiar with Malay Roti Prata. Good taste and cheap price, my friends and i try this everyday in Krabi. There's different kinda flavour such as Banana, strawberry, chochalate, sesame, egg, milk.. but the famous one is banana. Try this when you were in Krabi.

• AndreSTGT's Profile Photo

Sala Thai et.al.: Seafood in Ao Nang

by AndreSTGT Updated Nov 17, 2003

Sala Thai Restaurant, Ao Nang

There's an array of romantic beach restaurants at the northern part of Ao Nang's beach promenade. This is a great place to watch the sunset in a wonderful atmosphere. They all offer pretty much the same fare of Thai food with an emphasis on seafood, prices are slightly higher than elsewhere, but still reasonable (around 500B for 2).
    While they are very similar in quality, price and ambiance, i would say that the last one called "Sala Thai" had slightly better food than the others.

• DarkRay's Profile Photo

Roadside Stalls: Don't Miss the Roadside Stalls!

by DarkRay Updated Nov 5, 2003

If you are not uptight about the questionable hygiene of food from the roadside stalls, do try them out. They are mostly very delicious and are certainly more authentic than those sold at restaurants. And they are very affordable as well!

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish is the Thai Pancake (about 15 - 25 baht depending on stalls, and type of ingredients used - the more expensive ones also have more ingredients in them). It is basically a freshly made crispy pancake that is used to wrapped around a central ingredient such as bananas, mangoes, sugar, etc... Since it was prepared right in front of me, I was very comfortable having it as well. My favourite was the banana ones - I liked it so much that I had one every single day I was there!

Ao Nang Cuisine: Delicious Thai Chinese Fare

Dinner at Ao Nang Cuisine

Ao Nang Cuisine is one of the oldest restaurant in Ao Nang and serves a mean Thai Chinese fare. Their chef is an award winning one too as well.

My friend and I had:

1. Herbal Prawns (steamed prawns with vermicelli)
    2. Chinese Vegetables Stir-Fry with Garlic and Oyster Sauce
    3. Ao Nang Fried Rice
    4. Crab Meat Fried Rice

There was not much of any ambience since it's a "no frills" kind of restaurant, but it is good value for money as including the non-alcoholic drinks we had and the tips we gave, my friend and I spent a total of only 500 baht. Not bad, considering the fare we are having and that it is after all located in a "touristy" place.

Favorite Dish: My favourite dish was the Crab Meat Fried Rice. It definitely deserves a better rating than the already delicious Ao Nang Fried Rice. Cannot really pinpoint why it is the best, but it just taste better.

Tanta's Restaurant: Good and Reasonable Priced BBQ Seafood

BBQ Seafood

Being a beach town, Ao Nang is littered with numerous restaurants which offers delicious BBQ seafood fare during dinner time. Both Eden (located at the beach front) and Tanta's (near Phra Nang Inn) probably have the best ambience of all the restaurants in Ao Nang and we have patronized both.

While the food and service at Eden was not bad, it was nothing to really shout about either. Eden's service staff someow came across to me as being "trying too hard" (read: nice in a rather fake sort of way) and that made me felt weird when we had our meal there.

Tanta's on the other hard impressed me in almost every aspect. The service staff seemed very genuine in wanting their diners to feel comfortable and were always very polite and helpful. The Thai appetizers and BBQ seafood I had were all very delicious and very reasonable priced. Including tips and non-alcoholic drinks, my friends and I paid 900 baht in total for:

1. Thai Spring Rolls Appetizer
    2. Thai Satay Appetizer
    3. 4 BBQ Tiger Prawns
    4. 1 Large BBQ squid
    5. 2 Thick Slices of Barracuda served with Fries

Favorite Dish: Everything I have tried is good.

• DarkRay's Profile Photo

Sand Sea Resort's Sunset Restaurant: The Food Is Great In Railay West Beach As Well!

by DarkRay Updated Nov 5, 2003

The restaurant is located right in the centre of the Railay West Beach, offering a very good view of the sea while you dine. Service was good and the price was great. Their refreshing and thirst quenching fruit juice shakes (50 baht) are the best I had ever tried. Including non-alcoholic drinks and tips, my friend and I spent about 500 baht for our entire meal which consisted of:

1. Crab Meat Stir Fried with Crushed Pepper
    2. Fish Stir Fried with Ginger and Spring Onion
    3. Special Fried Rice

Favorite Dish: Crab Meat Stir Fried with Crushed Pepper is without doubt my favourite dish in this restaurant. There was no need to crack open any shells to obtain the meat since only the meat is used in this dish and they were stir-fried to perfection with freshly crushed black pepper. Best of all, it's only 100 baht!

• RAINBOWWINGS's Profile Photo

The Roof: Cant decide?.Try it all!!

by RAINBOWWINGS Updated Apr 15, 2006

Entrance to Roof restaurant

We had passed this restaurant several times on our way to the beach from our hotel Somkiet Buri and it certainly looked good from the outside. As it was my daughters birthday we decided to give it a try and approached the large circular open air building by long wooden steps next to a small wooden boat on a stand filled with charcoal where all the fish was grilled. The seating area was beautifully decorated and the menu extensive. The smiling lady who attended us was friendly and informative and tried to stifle a smile on the amount of food we ordered, but didnt try to dissuade us!

Favorite Dish: This is what we ordered and everything was to die for....so delicious and full of flavour. We started with delicate spring rolls with satay to be followed by a grilled seafood selection which arrived in a huge basket.....prawns, crabs, squid, mussels and a big piece of barracuda. We´d also ordered a whole white snapper which was grilled to perfection and topped off with the traditional plate of Pad Thai noodles. Can you believe we then had dessert....a large bowl of bananas in hot coconut milk and one of coconut ice cream!

• touraco's Profile Photo

Dean's Restaurant: Must Try

by touraco Updated Apr 8, 2007

We tried this on the last day of our trip and realised why we did not try this earlier???

The food was in big portion and tasted so much better than Ao Nang Cuisine.

They served Swedish and European food as well.

We ordered Tom Yum Goong, Egg Omelette, Stir-fried vegetables, some chicken dish, 2 fried rice and a fried noodle and drinks and costed us around 500 baht as well.

The tom yum goong was good.

• flying_dolphin7's Profile Photo

Thai Food

by flying_dolphin7 Written Apr 18, 2006

There's many thai restaurant along the whole krabi street, i try it everyday when i was there. I can't remember the name but there's just next to the Verandah Resort. Reasonable price with delicious local foods.

• clouds111's Profile Photo

Street Eat: Best food in Ao Nang

by clouds111 Updated Jan 11, 2008

This was by far the best place we found to eat in Ao Nang. Most restaurants here cater for the farangs, so food is generally dull, with not much flavour and no chilli!

This was a street eat (no name unfortunately) at the southern end of the main road. Set back behind some buildings and could easily be missed. But the food and service here is well worth the time hunting it out. With only 4 or 5 tables and a small, basic menu. The food is fresh, cooked up before your eyes in the kitchen and served within minutes of ordering. The food was lovely but would occasionally be tamed down for the tourists but if you ask for it Thai style, the chilli's get thrown in and you'll be in for a right treat.

Don't expect any wine here, this is not a restaurant, they serve - sprite, fanta, coke and chang. But this place is perfect for a 'quick, cheap eat'. As the food was so good we went back here night after night.

Favorite Dish: Fried beef with garlic and pepper, red thai curry, fried chicken with basil leaves... all fresh and yummy.

• icebaby0's Profile Photo

Food: Food food and more food

by icebaby0 Written Oct 30, 2006

Lunch at Railay

1) There is a small restuarant near J Hotel on the main road. Restaurant = small shop.
    They offer green curry chicken + rice + a shake for 89 baht.

2) Food at AoNang Sunset Cafe is not bad. The steak cost 200 baht.

3) Food at Railay Beach is not bad. MUST try the fried ice-cream!

4) Food around at Krabi is cheap. Remember to check out this Muslim lady (with tutang) riding a bike shop called FRIED CHICKEN. Her fried chicken is really really GOOD! She is on the road nearer to J Hotel main road area. (i.e. Aonang Villa)

Favorite Dish: As mention above.

• Seniors

• travelagent4thailand's Profile Photo

THE CLIFFrestaurant: Ouch, that was good!

by travelagent4thailand Written Dec 9, 2003

yes, i had that !

The place is at THE CLIFF restaurant at THE CLIFF boutique hotel.

The Cliff offers more than just the set menu, but the art of culinary and presentation is a theatherical experience in itself.

The restaurant also has a mini espresso machine that hums like a hulk and try the extra dose of coffee latte....hmmmmm!

Favorite Dish: The eggs benedict - savory, semi mustard sauce atop hot bagel like toasted bread with bacon and ham! That was the work...

Order a hot latte or orange juice to go with it and you're set for a power day of excursion.

IF YOU ARE LUCKY, in the evenings you may also get a taste of the groupa fish that the owner offers to his special guests - try the raw with wasabi, sure to take your nose for a good spin and a dash of clicks to you palate

- ouch that was good!

• Spa and Resort
    • Singles

• clouds111's Profile Photo

Various: Pancakes pancakes pancakes

by clouds111 Updated Jan 14, 2008

Around Ao Nang there are a number of pancakes sellers. For about 20 bahts you can choose your own filling - mango and honey, banana & chocolate, apple, peanut butter and many more and watch them whip it up in second on there hot plate, then sliced up into bite sized pieces. My favourite was the choc and banana. Perfect for a snack on the way back to the hotel after a hard day....

Instant Answers: Krabi

Comments

Krabi Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Krabi restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Krabi sightseeing.