Krabi Transportation

Best Rated Transportation in Krabi

• Sambawalk's Profile Photo

Ferry from Ao Nang to Phi Phi

by Sambawalk Written Dec 25, 2006

You can get ferry from Ao nang Bay or railey Bay to Ton Sai Bay of Phi Phi Don. In high season, there is ferry to Lanta as well.

One daily ferry from Ao Nang Beach via Railey Bay to Phi Phi (9am) for 390 Baht, including the hotel pick up. Two daily ferry from Phi Phi to Krabi (9am and 2pm) or to Ao Nang Bay (3:30pm) is 350 baht. The boat ride is about 2 hours.

Two daily ferries from Phi Phi to Phuket is also 350 Baht for a 2 hour boat ride.

Transfer from longtail boat to ferry

• illa's Profile Photo

Long Tail Boat

by illa Written Mar 28, 2004

We stayed on Railay Beach, which is only accessable by boat. The closest way is from Ao Lang Beach, where there are quite a lot of boats waiting normally. It's 50 Baht/person from Ao Lang to Railay and a 15-20 minute trip. If you are in a hurry and don't want to wait for more passengers, they charge you 200 Baht for one trip.

Once after visiting Tiger Cave Temple, we decided to get back to Railay from Krabi. We were told it's 70 Baht/person if we want to wait for more passengers (They didn't say how many more would make them pleased to go), however, "if you are really in a hurry and don't want to wait---obviously it's quite late now and the chances for more passengers are very rare---you can also take the boat by 700 Baht".

I still haven't figured out what the logic is to calculate. From Ao Lang, it's 50B/person and 200B/boat, but from Krabi, it's 70B/person 700B/boat.

Either from Ao Lang or from Railay, when you board, you have to go into the water first, and sometimes you have to go deep. It's much better if you wear shorts or swimming wear to get on the boat.

Long Tail Boat

• travelpug's Profile Photo

Bus Frm Hatyai to Krabi

by travelpug Written Oct 10, 2007

I took a bus from Hatyai to Krabi. The bus runs Hatyai - Phuket and makes stops at Phattalung, Trang, and Krabi. It is an about 4 hours bus ride. The bus dropped me off at Krabi bus terminal which is far away frm Krabi town center. The bus terminal is old and rundown. There is a corner that sells food for passengers and drivers to grab a quick bite.

From here, I took a songtheaw (20baht) to Aonang Beach.

• travelpug's Profile Photo

Fly to Krabi

by travelpug Written Oct 15, 2007

Air Asia flies to Krabi from Bangkok as well as Kuala Lumpur. There are 3 flights daily from Bangkok to Krabi. From Kuala Lumpur, there are only one flight per day on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. Flight from Bangkok takes 1 hour and 20 minutes. Flight from Kuala Lumpur takes 1 hour 15 minutes.

Airfare depends on availabily or promotions.

• blacksnail's Profile Photo

Shuttle from Airport

by blacksnail Written Feb 25, 2010

a taxi to aonang is 600 baht from Airport, shuttle is 200 Baht per person.
    We were told that our hotel will be the first stop by the sales lady, and the shuttle is leaving at that time, so we decided to follow the Shuttle.

However, we waited for nearly 30mins for the shuttle to get full. and we ended up the last one to get down from the Shuttle, and the worst thing is, the driver didn't know where our hotel was. he dropped us off somewhere about 3 mins walk to the hotel.

but later we found out that if the shuttle would have take the othter way, we will be the first to be dropped off

• bulldogtwo's Profile Photo

Bus, Krabi to Ko Lanta

by bulldogtwo Written Oct 13, 2008

I agreee with Lotharscheer, Much cheaper and probably a lot faster to take a bus or mini bus, may even be a lot more comfortable considering the time of year that you are planning on going. May can be a bit rough on the ocean with the monsoon rains coming in. You wouldn't even need one of the delux buses, shouldn't take you more than 2 hours at the most to get there and shouldn't cost you more than 100B each for the trip. Ride with the locals, it can be a fun experience! The people will be friendly and helpful.
    Have fun!

• Wann's Profile Photo

Fly to Krabi & Take Airport Taxi to Ao Nang

by Wann Written Mar 20, 2012

We've been to Krabi a few times and usually fly with those low cost airline. Normally fly with Air Asia. We don't need much for an hour journey. It's pretty cheap and many flights a day. You can fly to Krabi from Bangkok or from Kuala lumper (Air Asia) or from Singapore (Tiger Airways).

From Krabi Airport, we normally take airport taxi to Ao Nang. The cost is 600B fixed. The journey is 30K, around 20 min drive.

Krabi Airport Krabi Airport Krabi Airport
    • Luxury Travel

• blehm's Profile Photo

Hired taxi from airport

by blehm Written Jul 4, 2008

From the airport, it's convenient to hire a taxi to take you to your destination. When I was there, we shared a taxi with another couple going along the same way and halved our taxi fare (costed us THB1,600). Great way to save! The travel time from airport to Rawi Warin Resort was about 2 hours so I feel it was a very good price I paid.

• Aidy_p's Profile Photo

Taking Krabi Town's Taxis

by Aidy_p Updated Apr 4, 2007

There was a complimentary transport back to our hotel but it was rather infrequent. Since my wife and I had my little girl in tow, and since we have explored the town for about five hours, we were ready to head back to our hotel room to soak our tired feet.

We checked out the Tuk Tuk but these bone-shakers don't come cheap in relation to other means of transportation (The going rate was about 150baht/ person). So we tried our luck with the taxis. There were "taxi hailers" who will shout out to you to find out if you needed a taxi. We nodded, and instanteneously, the man shouts back, "100baht one", meaning 100baht/person).

Get ready for some emotional blackmail when you try to negotiate. A disgusted look; the wave of their hands; and the words "no taxi" stuck to the man's lips.

I stood firm with my final offer of 50baht/ person. The taxi hailer relented and went on to hail down a converted Datsun taxi.

My wife and I were spying as to how much the Thais had to pay for their transport...10 Baht max! Ah well, we are the tourists aren't we?

A Datsun Taxi similar to the one we took

• Taxi

by Gonowgo Written Apr 13, 2004

It's quite expensive to travel around in Krabi. Taxi (somewhat like tuk-tuk but not the same) is the only means of transportation in Krabi, it's quite expensive to get around.

Most of the local tours offer free pick-up services. Make sure to ask them to pick you up, especially if you're going to stay at an isolated resort like I did.

• illa's Profile Photo

It's Also a Tuk Tuk

by illa Updated Mar 28, 2004

We were walking in the street trying to find a Tuk Tuk going to Tiger Cave Temple. There came this guy. The price he offered was 600 Baht round trip. I said no, a taxi driver just offered us 500Baht. How come you are more expensive?

He then said no problem, and brought out a business card with a car on it, "I also have a friend with a taxi." Obviously people doing business there all have a lot of friends. "if you want, I can contact him and he can offer you 500 Baht."

"However, if you take my Tuk Tuk, you can appreciate the beautiful view on the way; you can stop to take pictures whenever you want and wherever you want. But with a taxi," He put his hands on his belly, closed his eyes, and tilted his head aside, showing sleeping...

It made me laugh. He was indeed right.

"But a car is more steady. Your Tuk Tuk, " I jumped up and down to show it was bumping.

It was his turn to laugh. Then we agreed to go at 500 Baht.

Tuk Tuk in Krabi

• Svitata's Profile Photo

Have Motorbike Will Travel!

by Svitata Written Mar 23, 2003

The easiest way to get around Krabi is to rent a car or motorcycle. Motorcycle rental is very cheap there, only 200baht per 24 hour. Traffic is not heavy there and road conditions are reasonably good.

• Gard's Profile Photo

Rent a car

by Gard Written Apr 22, 2003

We decided to rent a car one day and we just asked the in reception. After a couple of hours Budget brought a nice Honda Civic to us from the airport for 2000 baht for a day.

Driving around Krabi was not to bad even if they drive on the “wrong” side of the road compared to what I'm used too. I guess the main point is to try to drive like the locals. At one point we were going to slow and the cars behind us very eager to get past us

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

Ferry to Ko Phi Phi

by Willettsworld Written Jan 12, 2010

Boats to Ko Phi Phi Island leave from the main pier at 10:00 and 15:00, cost 350B one way, which includes transport from Krabi Town to the pier about 3km away. I booked my return ticket from a travel agency place in the hotel I stayed out (The Grand Tower Hotel) where the price was 700B. The trip takes about 1.5hrs and you can sit outside in the sun with your legs dangling over the side.

• Ritchie_Lionheart's Profile Photo

Tourist Office

by Ritchie_Lionheart Written Jun 28, 2010

If you need any help in arruival at Krabi bus station, go across the road to IX.TOURS, ask for Pieter (Dutch national). who will be glad to assist you. Pieter has settled down in Krabi and knows the region like hiss pocket.

• Diving and Snorkeling
    • Eco-Tourism

Instant Answers: Krabi

• Jun 27, 2013 at 10:18 PM

We flew out of Krabi on 270613 with Tiger to Singapore at 1150 and the customs men were so rude. One barked at me and pounded the desk, he threw my passport at me. My partner went to the only other customs man and had a similar reception. We were the only persons going through passport control at the time as we were hours ealy. They must have been the rudest Thai's we have encountered. Officious, self absorbed little men trying to exert power in their little little, tin pot airport. The airport is run down with hardly any facilities.

Krabi Transportation

Reviews and photos of Krabi transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Krabi sightseeing.