ATV, Phuket

ATV Phuket
  • Cathy&Gary's Profile Photo

ATV 3 Hour Phang Nga Tours

by Cathy&Gary Updated Jan 30, 2015

The Phang Nga 3 hour ATV tour is one of our all time favorite tours, we do this tour at least twice every time we visit Phuket. The tour is held off Phuket Island in Phang Nga province, ample food, water and soft drinks plus transfers are included and the scenery is spectacular.

The sights out here are amazing; you ride on off road trails past local farms, plantations, through the jungle and remote villages. You also ride down a section of the river and it just keeps getting better as in the middle of nowhere is a beautiful waterfall where we stop for swimming and drinks. So don’t forget to wear swimmers and bring a towel.

Safety is big with ATV Phuket, the guides are all trained in first aid and if they do not think you are proficient enough to be a rider they will not let you ride and put you on the back with a guide. This tour is something we always take friends and family on when they visit Phuket.

Great day out no matter what the weather is like.

There are a lot more photos on this link:
    More ATV Photos

ATV Phuket ATV Phuket ATV Phuket ATV Phuket - 3 hour Phang Ngaa Tour ATV Phuket
    • Jungle and Rain Forest
    • Photography

• Cielo_Algaeed's Profile Photo

ATV

by Cielo_Algaeed Updated Jan 26, 2007

ATV is one of the must try activity in Phuket. Most of the tour operators offer a package tour which include this activity but if you prefer a longer time of riding and more adventure you can avail this seperately. Price range - 2,600 & up

As for package tour, you will only be given 10 minutes ride per person. Maneuvering the vehicle will be a bit hard esp for first timers.

Caution: this activity is a bit dusty and muddy :-) so dont forget to bring extra clothes.

• Cathy&Gary's Profile Photo

ATV Tour

by Cathy&Gary Updated Oct 4, 2006

Two of our group didn’t do this tour, but Phuket Richard did it with us (and organised the day for us), so we were a group of 8.

The tour cost 2,600 baht per person and as normal including everything. Now we are a group of 45 to 58 year olds (with one 35yr old). I actually had my 50th while we were on our holiday. Everyone was very excited and keen to do this tour, everyone except me. I was very nervous and not at all excited to be doing it. Boy did that soon change!!

We were picked up at our hotel at 11.00am and taken for what seemed like miles away to Muang (I think). Once there we were given cold drinks, fruit and an introduction to ATV tours plus shown a DVD which covered how to ride the bikes, safety etc, then we were kitted up in helmets and gloves.

You follow a lead guide and there is also another guide bringing up the rear. This guy was needed quite a few times for breakdowns due to the guy’s hooning thru water etc.

This tour was such great fun, after about 15 minutes (and crashing twice into trees) I started thinking, this is ok, I can do this.

So my frozen position on the bike started to change, no longer was I hanging on for dear life, I relaxed and could even look behind me or let go and wave, instead of just putting along I wanted to go fast ha-ha, if someone in front of me was going slow it annoyed me, so look out, when there’s enough room I’m coming through.

Read more about this tour here: ATV Tour

Cathy's Photos

This tour can be done in any sort of weather, rain or shine, its a great way to explore local villages and the environment in Phuket and Phang-Nga.

Learn about the Mangrove forests, the Pitcher Plant (Monkey condoms), and see how locals do rubber tapping and transform it into rubber sheets.

Website for ATV Phuket