ATV, Phuket

• Cathy&Gary's Profile Photo

ATV 3 Hour Phang Nga Tours

by Cathy&Gary Updated Nov 23, 2011

ATV Phuket - 3 hour Phang Ngaa Tour

The Phang Nga 3 hour ATV tour with atvphuket is one of our all time favourite tours, we do this tour at least 3 times each time we visit Phuket. The tour is held off Phuket Island in Phang Nga Province, ample food, soft drinks and transfers are included in the price.

Before the tour there is a safety briefing, the bikes are checked and you are shown how to use the gears, brakes, steering etc. Then there are a few laps of riding the bikes & if you are not capable you will not be allowed to ride! This company is very safety conscious!

The tour was just fantastic we are riding on off road trails past local farms, plantations, through the jungle and remote villages. Then we come to a huge muddy section, so much fun! Soon we come to the section we enter the river, it is all very safe & the lead guide will tell you what gear to put the bike into etc e sights are amazing; in places it got quite deep so we had to hug the bank. After quite a while of riding in the water we go back onto land and turn a corner.

It just keeps getting better, in front of us in the middle of nowhere is a beautiful waterfall. Our guides set up soft drinks, water, fruit, biscuits and chocolates for us, then everyone hits the water.
    Its absolutely freezing, just perfect and so refreshing
    Little did we know that our day was going to get even better!!
    We are going up to the peak of the mountain.

Most of the way up is on a cement road, we would pull over when cars or bikes were coming not that there were many, or when cows, ducks, chickens or goats would decide to cross near us.
    Once at the top of the mountain its time for a drink break and time to look around and take photos of the beautiful views, I cant believe how high up we have come, its just fantastic.

Then its time to get into low speed for the descent, we leave the cement road and head back into the jungle, in the distance we can see a huge dark area which we are heading for, it’s a massive rubber tree plantation, an instant cooling effect as the sun cannot get all the way through.
    After our descent we once again pass many local villages where children (and their parents) would come running out waving to us.

We did not want this tour to end but sadly after 3 hours riding around Phang Nga province we are back at the starting point. Once again plate after plate of delicious sandwiches, fruits and drinks are bought out.

I cannot recommend the 3hr Phang Nga ATV tour highly enough, it is a fun filled tour with magnificent sights along the way, the photos tell the story. It’s really a 6.5 hour day with transfers and this is something we will always take friends and family on each time we visit Phuket.

There are a lot more photos on this link:
    More ATV Photos

• Jungle and Rain Forest
    • Photography

• Cielo_Algaeed's Profile Photo

ATV

by Cielo_Algaeed Updated Jan 26, 2007

ATV is one of the must try activity in Phuket. Most of the tour operators offer a package tour which include this activity but if you prefer a longer time of riding and more adventure you can avail this seperately. Price range - 2,600 & up

As for package tour, you will only be given 10 minutes ride per person. Maneuvering the vehicle will be a bit hard esp for first timers.

Caution: this activity is a bit dusty and muddy :-) so dont forget to bring extra clothes.

• Cathy&Gary's Profile Photo

ATV Tour

by Cathy&Gary Updated Oct 4, 2006

Bogged Again

Two of our group didn’t do this tour, but Phuket Richard did it with us (and organised the day for us), so we were a group of 8.

The tour cost 2,600 baht per person and as normal including everything. Now we are a group of 45 to 58 year olds (with one 35yr old). I actually had my 50th while we were on our holiday. Everyone was very excited and keen to do this tour, everyone except me. I was very nervous and not at all excited to be doing it. Boy did that soon change!!

We were picked up at our hotel at 11.00am and taken for what seemed like miles away to Muang (I think). Once there we were given cold drinks, fruit and an introduction to ATV tours plus shown a DVD which covered how to ride the bikes, safety etc, then we were kitted up in helmets and gloves.

You follow a lead guide and there is also another guide bringing up the rear. This guy was needed quite a few times for breakdowns due to the guy’s hooning thru water etc.

This tour was such great fun, after about 15 minutes (and crashing twice into trees) I started thinking, this is ok, I can do this.

So my frozen position on the bike started to change, no longer was I hanging on for dear life, I relaxed and could even look behind me or let go and wave, instead of just putting along I wanted to go fast ha-ha, if someone in front of me was going slow it annoyed me, so look out, when there’s enough room I’m coming through.

Read more about this tour here: ATV Tour

Cathy's Photos

This tour can be done in any sort of weather, rain or shine, its a great way to explore local villages and the environment in Phuket and Phang-Nga.

Learn about the Mangrove forests, the Pitcher Plant (Monkey condoms), and see how locals do rubber tapping and transform it into rubber sheets.

Website for ATV Phuket