Airport and Flights, Phuket

Know about this? Rate It!

• Airport and Flights
    by machomikemd
  • lotharscheer's Profile Photo

Airportbus

by lotharscheer Updated Jun 13, 2014

Bus from the Airport to Phuket bus terminal, first bus at 6.30 am (on public holidays at 9 am) last bus at 8.45 pm, first bus from Phuket bus terminal at 5.30 am (on public holidays at 8 am) last bus at 6.30 pm, 12 buses per day, 1.5 to 2 hours and 85 Baht, has also a stop at Big C supermarket (closer to Patong Beach).
    When you leave the arrival hall the bus stop is to the left at the end of the building.

• Beaches

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Phuket International Airport (Departure Area)

by machomikemd Written Oct 25, 2012
    the airport

this will be my Phuket International Departure Area tips

Phuket International Airport (HKT) is the second busiest Airport in Thailand after Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok as it handles 6 million international tourists a year from all corners of the globe. The Airport is located in the Northern Area of Phuket Island and is about a 1 hour drive to and from Patong Area and more to Karon, Kata, Kathu and Phuket Town (32 kilometers away from Patong). The Area has 2 terminals, terminal 2 is for domestic flights, located at the left side and terminal 1 is for international flights at the right side; but a common departure airline check in area and you go to the right side of the Airport (Terminal 2) for the international flight and the left side (terminal 1) for the domestic flight. Inside the departure area are various restaurants, shops, duty free shops, bars and a smoking lounge, foreign exhange areas and ATM machines. there is a security check at both terminals.

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Phuket International Airport (Arrival Area)

by machomikemd Written Oct 25, 2012
    arriving at phuket airport

this will be my Phuket International Airport Arrival Area tips

Phuket International Airport (HKT) is the second busiest Airport in Thailand after Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok as it handles 6 million international tourists a year from all corners of the globe. The Airport is located in the Northern Area of Phuket Island and is about a 1 hour drive to and from Patong Area and more to Karon, Kata, Kathu and Phuket Town (32 kilometers away from Patong). The Area has 2 terminals, terminal 2 is for domestic flights, located at the left side and terminal 1 is for international flights, located at the right side. Inside are various restaurants, shops, bars and a smoking lounge. The Arrival area is small and there are many free brochures and maps and handouts at the baggage carousel area and there are many tour stalls, taxi stalls, airport limousine stalls, ATMs, Monex Exchange shops just outside the baggage carousels and if you are on a package tour, find you name along the many persons waving huge name plates at the outside area. there is a public bus stop outside the terminal too.

Thai Airways

by machomikemd Updated Oct 24, 2012
    departing suvarnabhumi airport

Thai Airways is the Premier Legacy Carrier and largest airline of Thailand. It is a relatively young airline that was restarted in 1988 from the previous Thai Airways-SAS Merger of the 1960's. From its hub at Suvarnabhumi Airport, THAI flies to 71 destinations in 35 countries, using a fleet of 91 aircraft. and it has a 5 daily flights to and from Bangkok and Phuket and the average price of a flight if you booked in 2 months in advance will be 4,000 baht promo fare and 8,000 baht regular fare (all in)

Offices in Thailand:

4th Floor, Departure Hall
    THAILAND
    Phone: (66-2) 134-5483-4

Reservation & Ticketing
    Office: THAI AIRWAYS INTERNATIONAL (TICKETING)
    Address: LARN LUANG TICKET OFFICE

Address: PHUKET INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
    PHUKET 83140 THAILAND
    Phone: (66-076) 327-144; (66-076) 327-246

Reservation & Ticketing
    Office: THAI AIRWAYS INTERNATIONAL (TICKETINGS)
    Address: 78 RANONG RD., AMPHUR MUANG
    PHUKET 83000 THAILAND
    Phone: (66-076) 360-400
    Fax: (66-076) 360 487

Reservation & Ticketing
    Office: THAI AIRWAYS INTERNATIONAL (RESERVATION)
    Address: 78 RANONG RD. AMPER MUENG
    PHUKET 83000 THAILAND
    Phone: (66-076) 360-444; 360-400
    Fax: (66-076) 360-485-6

• Wann's Profile Photo

By Plane

by Wann Updated Apr 4, 2011

Phuket International Airport

There are many flights to Phuket from Bangkok , many airlines (also several low-cost airlines)! I flow by Thai airways, took about an hour. The Phuket International Airport located far from town about 30 km and also far from famous beaches, must ride a car through Thep Kasatri road, from the airport to the town.

• jrs1234's Profile Photo

Phuket International Airport

by jrs1234 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Front Entrance @ Phuket Airport

This dinky little airport, at the northern end of the island, serves both domestic and international flights. The runway is relatively short, so the traffic is mostly short-haul, although Thai manage to fly in 777s from Bangkok. The terminal is pretty small, but looks like it's been recently refurbished.

There's a transportation desk which has fixed price taxi services to various destinations on the island - I think I paid somewhere around 500 baht for the 30km to Patong. You should also be able to get a hire car here.

There are a few shops and restaurants at the airport, both before and after check-in - so if you have a little time to wait before catching your flight on your way out, you'll have something to do. However, just as at Bangkok airport, the shops seem to be pretty expensive, so it's better to buy your souvenirs before you get there if you can.

• lindyz's Profile Photo

Airport Sydney Parking, quick easy and cheap

by lindyz Updated Oct 4, 2010

If you are flying from Sydney, we found this to be the cheapest option if you are unable to get a free lift to the Airport. We had assumed our boys could drop off and pick us up but they had Uni/work committments. We then looked into the shuttle service which was going to cost $50 each one way!!! Then looked into parking alternatives, and found this place to be the cheapest option.

AIRPORT SYDNEY PARKING at 2 Gertrude Stree, Wolli Creek, which is only about a 5-10 minute drive from the International Terminal. They also provide a free shuttle service to and from the aiport. Cost for leaving our car parked there for 11 days was about $130.

• lindyz's Profile Photo

Fly Jetstar direct from Sydney to Phuket

by lindyz Updated Oct 4, 2010

If you are going to Phuket, but bypassing Bangkok, then I would suggest that you fly direct with Jetstar. As far as I am aware, Jetstar is the only airline that flies direct from Sydney to Phuket. I think Virgin Blue do a direct service, but it leaves from Brisbane.

Flying with Jetstar is marginally cheaper than other alternatives that will also involve a stopover, and therefore you flying time is much much longer. Direct flight from Sydney to Phuket takes about 9 hours.

The only downside with flying Jetstar is that you have to pay for anything you want on board, even things like pillows, blankets and headphones!!! And .... if you want to hire out a portable dvd machine, you have to pre-book it, as well as if you want a hot meal, you also need to pre-book that!!! We were NOT aware of this before flying with Jetstar. There are indeed meal alternatives on board for you to buy, but usually only cold meals and snacks and drinks and they do indeed come with a hefty pricetag!!! Flying to Phuket I bought a chicken wrap, small pringles and 2 drinks and it came to about $30!!!! I would advise you to take your own food on board the plane. We were not aware if we could do that on our flight to Phuket, but it does appear there are no issues with you taking your own food and drink on board the plane.

SAVE MONEY AND TAKE YOUR OWN FOOD, SNACKS AND DRINKS ON BOARD YOUR JETSTAR FLIGHT!!

• Airport Transfer

by picknick Updated May 24, 2009

Most hotels can arrange transfers for you from airport to the hotel. Most will charge you a fee for that.

Otherwise, you can arrange a limousine service yourself from a counter at the airport arrival hall. A nice car (sits up to 3 person ) took us to our Patong beach hotel for 550THB (one way). We arranged for a return trip with the driver for 500THB.

You can also book an aircon car transport from Patong to Airport for 500BHT. This can be booked through the tour agents all over Patong.

A minivan that can take up to 11 person cost thb 1100 from airport to patong.

• Cathy&Gary's Profile Photo

Booking Your Holiday

by Cathy&Gary Written Mar 18, 2009

NEW RESTRICTIONS - WHAT YOU CAN CARRY ON BOARD

Find out about all the latest information on the new security restrictions and how they will affect you (especially if you want to buy duty free overseas and bring back to Australia)..

Australia

Changi Airport http://www.changiairport.com/changi/en/airport_guide/departure/safety_n_security/travel_advisory.html

Singapore Airlines

Thai Airways

Hong Kong - Cathay Pacific

Garuda

Jetstar

There has been a lot of discussion as to which is more beneficial, booking holidays online or going through a travel agent.

I can only comment on what we have always done with our numerous trips to Asia.

Before we start getting quotes we decide on what airline we want to use and the hotels we are going to stay in. We never ask for quotes on transfers or breakfast unless they are included for free.

Then I start looking online for approximate airfare and hotel costs.
    As we travel every year I also taken into account what the previous years airfares etc were, so already I have a rough figure in my head of what I am prepared to pay.

After that I contact travel agents for quotes. If they come up with a dearer airfare than what I have found online, I tell them I can book it cheaper online, we have never had Flight Centre or Escape Travel be more expensive than we could book online.

An example was in 2006 we traveled from Adelaide Australia to Kuala Lumpur for 3 nights, then onto Phnom Penh and Siem Reap for 13 nights, back to KL for an overnighter and onto Phuket for 14 nights.

So the holiday was for 31 nights, we paid $2,100 and this included all airfares, taxes and hotels for 21 nights - free transfers were included for KL and Phuket.

No where online could I get it for this price from Escape Travel.

In 2007 we went from Adelaide to Kuala Lumpur - 2 nights, then Phnom Penh for 8 nights, and onto Phuket for 2 months. We paid $1,700 each. This covered all airfares with Malaysia Airlines & Thai Airways, 2 nights hotel in KL with lunch and dinner plus transfers.

So my advise is to really research your holiday, if you think you have found a great price online, then go to Flight Centre or Escape Travel, they have always come through for us. If they don't, simple, book the holiday online yourself, just check every avenue first.

The other thing you can save money on is your insurance.

We have always gone through Defence Travel or Vero Insurance (through Westpac Bank) they are significantly cheaper than Covermore which is through the travel agents and the policies are as good eg, unlimited medical etc.

However for the trip we have just booked our travel agent asked us to bring in the policy from Vero so she could send it to Covermore and see if they would match the price. (The Vero policy was a few hundred dollars cheaper than Covermore - we are going to be away for nearly two and a half months)

Well surprise, surprise, Covermore will match the price of Vero and no wonder as both of the policies are issued by Vero to start with.

The money is better in my pocket especially since the policies are the same.

There are many more useful links and tips here.

• bulldogtwo's Profile Photo

Flying into Phuket

by bulldogtwo Written Jan 12, 2009

Ed, If I understand you question correctly, normally no, you would fly into Bangkok first then onto Phuket, which may require you to spend a night in Bangkok before you go onto Phuket. However, you can fly out of Clark in the Phillippines on Asia air or Tigerairways I think also flies out of there into either KL or Singapore, then direct into Phuket. Usually the direct route from Manila into Bangkok is more expensive by a couple hundred dollars. There is really no easy direct way into Phuket without stopping off somewhere.
    Not sure about hostels but plenty of budget and upscale hotels all along the beach. If you compare the Phillippines with Thailand and the beach areas, well in my opinion, there is no comparison. Thailand knows how to do it right and the Phillippines does not, in every aspect, from transpo to accomodations and food. That's not to say that Pi can't be fun, but it is just harder to do and in the same amount o f time for the same amount of $$. Spend more time in Thailand, for sure!!
    Have Fun!

• cat_iring's Profile Photo

NEVER fly One-Two-Go Airline

by cat_iring Updated Jul 26, 2008

Don't ever book a flight with One-Two-Go Airline or Orient Thai! I booked a flight 4 months before my scheduled trip. Two months later, they emailed me that my flight has been moved to a later flight for my trip going back to Bangkok. It caused a problem with me since I was scheduled to fly back to the Philippines 2 hrs after the rescheduled flight. Since there was nothing I can do, I just made the necessary arrangements. Now, 2 weeks before my scheduled flight, they email me again to say that my flight has been canceled and they will just do a refund. WTF!!! I booked my flight many months before so I can get a cheaper price and now I have to book again with another airline worth twice the amount I will be refunded with the useless one-two-go airline. All they could offer was there apology that can't help me book a flight and get me the money that I lack. Tsk tsk tsk.

NEVER again will I book with that airline again, and if I were you, don't make the same mistake I did.

- cathy -
    www.shutterblahg.com
    www.moi-blahg.com

• Beaches

• natwest's Profile Photo

Airport Bus

by natwest Written Jan 22, 2008

This bus service is the cheapest out of all methods to/from the airport.
    It only costs 85B one way (foreigner price), much cheaper than coupon taxi, tuk tuk and minivan.

From Phuket Airport to Phuket Town
    Airport Big C Bus Terminal
    0630 (+40) 0710 (+20) 0730
    0845 and so on
    1915
    2045

N.B. 0630 service is not available on Public Holiday.

From Town to Airport
    Bus Terminal Big C Airport
    0530 (+20) 0550 (+40) 0630
    0700 and so on

N.B. 0530 service is not available on PH.

• STRATOS79's Profile Photo

PHUKET AIRPORT

by STRATOS79 Written Sep 16, 2007

Located in the north side of the island and about 1 hour from Phuket town Phuket airport is served by many international and domestic carriers. It is the second (after Bangkok) busiest airport in Thailand

• imstress's Profile Photo

Airport Bus

by imstress Updated Jun 21, 2007

Time Table for Airport Bus Departures

If your plan is to go to Phuket Town direct from the airport, then for THB85, it’s a real budget choice of transportation. You can do your shopping at Central Festival, Big C, Tesco Lotus before heading to Patong Beach. A bus from Patong Beach to Phuket Town will cost only THB20.

At Phuket Airport there are two places that you can hop-on and off the bus. At level 1, at the left hand corner of the arrival hall of the Airport (beside the join mini bus area).
    You may also board the Airport Bus just infront of Burger King at level 2.

The Airport Bus made stops from two station at the Phuket Airport and to Phantep Condotown, Surakun Stadium, Central /Big C / Lotus, Erawadee Bypass, Boat Lagoon, Heroines Monument, Pranangsang Temple, Baan Saku, Pearl Village Hotel.

Instant Answers: Phuket