Taxi, Phuket

Know about this? Rate It!

tuk tuk - taxis
    by imstress
    motor bike and car rental
    taxi - tuk tuk
  • imstress's Profile Photo

Taxi Fares

by imstress Written Jul 1, 2007

Taxi Service Price List

This is a rough guide on the Taxi fare (Tuk Tuk) from Patong Beach to various place.

THB 300 - Kamala Beach, Karon Beach
    THB 400 - Phuket Town, Surin Beach, Kata Beach
    THB 600 - Airport

If you think the price are expensive, you may consider renting a car for a day for THB1000 or if you know how to operate a motorbike, the rental rate will only cost you THB200 a day.

To get to Promthep Cape for sunset, it is better that you have your own transport. Else you will be at the mercy of the tuk tuk drivers.

• imstress's Profile Photo

Songthaew - Taxi Taxi

by imstress Written Jun 21, 2007

Taxi Taxi

There are lots of red songthaew or taxis along Patong Beach. The drivers will pester you to take their taxi or they can bring you to tour around Phuket.

The songthaew are not metered and the drivers are notoriously mercenary. Do agree a price beforehand and do bargain hard. Short hops around town should not cost more than THB100.

For longer distances the metered taxis are generally a better choice.

There is also a cheaper option where you could hop onto a motorbike taxi and a ride within Patong starts from THB20.

• balhannah's Profile Photo

taxis from the cruise terminal Phuket thailand

by balhannah Written Feb 25, 2008

If you arrive by cruise ship and need to hire a taxi for the day, don't get a taxi at the terminal. They wouldn't take us into Phuket, all they wanted was people to do a day tour. Their prices were quite high too. Bargaining didn't help much. If you walk from the wharf on the road, you come to a gate, this is the entrance to the wharf. There were dozens of taxi drivers here, they began bargaining amongst themselves for our trade. We got a good deal. What happens, is the port only allows a few taxi's in at a time, as one is filled and exits, another is let in.

• gibreel's Profile Photo

Cars/Taxis

by gibreel Updated Apr 11, 2007

From the airport to the hotel, Taxis are the cheapest mode from the airport to hotels but they are quite a wait for some - mayb 20 minutes or so. The taxi stand is on extreme right once you are out of the airport.

If you want a car you can book in the airport itself. If you are out of the hall and u dun want to wait for a cab, there are many many car rentals near the airport - many the salespersons are outside the hall. But i think it is cheaper to rent from city itself.

Always try to book hotel transfers as they are definately cheaper.

*ALWAYS ask for the free phuket map from the information counter BEFORE you leave the departure hall. The friendly people there will give you one and it is quite a simple map that gets you around.

*If you self drive, the map obtained from the information counter is quite useful. Trust the big signs that point you in the direction you want to go. The city can be a headache.

Hope this helps.

• "Taxi" Service

by mexxgal Written Apr 6, 2005

Unless you stay at the Patong area, you will require car transport as the other resort areas are far away from Patong and Phuket Town.

Bangtao Bay is about half hr away from Patong and Phuket Town.

Naithon Beach is about 45 min away from Patong Beach and Phuket Town

There are official tuk tuk taxis around Patong Beach. But for the rest of the island. You probably have to rent your own car or hire a private taxi. We used the taxi service of Mr Noppol Maneesittipong (Nop) during our recent visit and we will recommend him to other visitors. He's a careful driver and his car is well maintained. He speaks reasonable English too. He can be contacted at nopphuket@yahoo.com or mobile 66(0)6 686 5204

• chatterley's Profile Photo

Meter Taxis from the Airport

by chatterley Written Jun 16, 2006

Instead of taking the limousine taxi service from the airport, we came out of the airport, walked past the carpark and saw the "Taxi Meter" stand. Besides the fair stated on the meter, you'll pay an extra 100 baht. In the end, we paid a total of 480 baht for the taxi ride from airport to our hotel (situated at Karon). From what I heard from friends who took the limousine ride, this rate is cheaper than the 600 - 800 baht charged by the limousine taxi companies.

• Mr.au good taxi driver in phuket

by Tony0684 Written Aug 9, 2009

Hi everyone

Mr.Au he very very nice I think every body wont to know why He nice man because last month I stey at JW marriott phuket resort and spa I been 1 week and mr.Au service us 2 day 1 day for pike up me and my family at the airport to hotel and another day mr.Au pick up us around in phuket about 8 hour He take care and reccomment us everything to my family and when finish for aroud in phuket We're come back to hotel In a moment Fornt desk call to my room and tell me we have one men wont to see me He mr.Au when I go back and see Mr.Au He give monney to me I'm very very dizziness Why he give monney to me You know I Drop money disappeared In He's car buy I don't know I'm fell very good becarse he be honest.

Mr.Au he's good man you can use their services.

E-Mail him : au_phuket@hotmail.com

Tel : +66817478750

I just wanna say Thank you Mr.Au.

Tony Chung

• meerkatlondon's Profile Photo

Airport Taxi's

by meerkatlondon Updated Oct 12, 2010

Airport to Kata Noi will cost 850 baht.You pay at the counter and issued with a receipt.driver then takes you to the hotel.No haggling required.Apparently 100 baht of the 850 is some tax.Driver may ask for it, I ended paying 750 baht.Airport to Kata Noi approx 1 hour.

• annase's Profile Photo

Taxis from and to the aiport

by annase Updated Jan 28, 2011

Having read a few travel forums, it appeared that taxis from the airport to Patong Beach would cost approximately 600 baht. We had not pre-booked a transport from the airport to our hotel, trusting that we'd find a taxi on the airport. After stepping out of the terminal in the evening it was hot, we had way too much on after a long flight and we tired so trying to ignore all the taxi drivers waiting outside the terminal and trying to offer us their services was impossible whilst there was an official looking taxi stand there too but eventually we ended up taking the offer of one of the many taxi drivers - after some bargaining though.My partner managed to bargain the price down to 600 baht from 650 bath - being used to the fact that you should always offer a lower amount than asked for. We weren't hugely successful but nevertheless we did not spend more than people had said it would cost on various travel forums anyway. The taxi was really clean and smart, so 600 baht that we paid for it did not feel very much when you convert it in pounds anyway.

In Phuket though we ordered a taxi through another hotel were they were advertising the price as 500 baht. Whilst we were on the taxi on our way back to the airport I saw that some other people had paid 550 baht. What the price really I have no idea, but as long as I paid about the same as everyone else or even a bit less, I can't complain.

• Grevil's Profile Photo

Phuket Taxis

by Grevil Updated Apr 25, 2011

Mid April, 2011. We landed at Phuket Airport, and needed to go to our hotel at Karon Beach (about 8 km further south down the coast from Patong). After walking past all the Taxi touts, we turned right immediately outside the terminal building doors, and walked to the far end. We found the "Official" taxi area and was was quoted - without bargaining - a price of 600 Baht. We were happy with that, the taxi, and the service, and were speedily delivered to our hotel at Karon Beach about 50 minutes later.

We have to say that for the return trip from Karon to the airport, we couldn't do better than 650 Baht from the local travel and tours office. Taxis in the street wanted 900!

• touraco's Profile Photo

Metered Taxis

by touraco Written Oct 24, 2007

When you come out of the arrival hall, turn right and walk all the way to the end where you can find a yellow booth with a large taxi word.

Tell the person where your hotel is located and the person will direct you to a cab with a receipt stating your taxi number and advise you of the cost involved.

A taxi to hotels in Patong beach area will be around 420 baht.

Instant Answers: Phuket