Surat Thani Favorites

Most Recent Favorites in Surat Thani

• YaaDong's Profile Photo

Surat Thani International Airport

by YaaDong Written Aug 4, 2008

Favorite thing: Surat International Airport is about an hour outsid of town so after the ferry ride from Koh Phangan the bus ride seemed very long however it was modern and comfortable.There are a number of ticket counters Thai,One 2 Go & Bangkok Air.Also a number of gift shops,ATMs,a little restaurant and a waiting area with cable TV.Surat Inter is a good little airport.

Fondest memory: Reataurant & gift shop

• phil_uk_net's Profile Photo

Friendly people

by phil_uk_net Written Mar 8, 2003
    Friendly old man at the night market

Fondest memory: While I was in Surat Thani I think I only saw about 5 other tourists. I was therefore quite unusual and treated with a lot of kindness by the locals.
    This old gent was very chatty and actually spoke quite good English.

• phil_uk_net's Profile Photo

Local people

by phil_uk_net Written Mar 8, 2003
    Local kids

Fondest memory: There is a marked difference visiting places in Thailand where there are not many foreign tourists. I enjoy going to the less popular tourist haunts because of the reaction that I get from the locals. Instead of being just another farang who is good for a few bob, people start taking a genuine interest.

Wandering around with a camera always attracts attention and it is not uncommon for people to ask me to take their photo. Most of the time I am quite happy to oblige.
    The photo is of a couple of local kids - brother and sister I think - who made such a request.

Instant Answers: Surat Thani

Comments

Surat Thani Favorites

Reviews and photos of Surat Thani favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Surat Thani sightseeing.