Surat Thani Transportation

by Armado

Most Recent Transportation in Surat Thani

Plane Ride

by YaaDong Written Aug 4, 2008

One 2 Go was the cheapest flight from Surat to Bangkok.We booked our ticket from a travel agent on Koh Phangan and was a little worried when they said they would drop the tickets off to us the next day.Wait ..phone ...wait...bite nails...but no problem .The flight was smooth and we arrived in Bangkok almost on time.

The Night Train!

by YaaDong Written Aug 4, 2008

The over-night train leaves Bangkok Hualumpong Station around 6:30 pm.It arives in Surat around 6:00 am.The 2nd class sleeper is not bad and you might even catch a couple of hours sleep.During the trip the train guy will look after you with food and over priced beers or you can wait for other local sellers get on when the train stops at a station.The toilets are a little bit rough & stinky but there is even a shower if you want to freshen up .

• Travel from Train Station to Surat Thani

by RocSoftware Written Nov 17, 2007

When first arriving at Train Station in PhunPin, you'll be greeted by Tuk Tuk drivers and motor cycle taxis that will charge 300-400 baht to go into Surat Thani. If you go around the corner to the left as you exit the train station theres a local taxi stand that will take you into Surat Thani for around 120 baht or to Surat Thani Airport for 250 baht. Its about 12km from Phunphin to Tesco-Lotus in Surat Thani. Another 6 or 7 km to the overnight ferries to Koh Samui, Phangnan, and Koh Toa.

• Armado's Profile Photo

To the islands, Samui, Pangan & Tao

by Armado Updated Apr 6, 2005
    A normal boat to the islands

Take a boat from the Surat Thani area to get to Ko Samui's main pier. Find a travel agency in ST that provides trips to this island ( most of them do, probably all ), make a good price and let them take you to the harbour. You will get on a boat that looks something like the one on the picture probably.....

• Armado's Profile Photo

From Bangkok to Surat Thani

by Armado Written Apr 6, 2005
    The train inside. Seats will become beds at night.

Take the train from Bangkok Central Station.

Travel 2nd class, it's perfect an convenient enough to sleep, when you take the overnight train ( recommended! )

I can't remember the exact price, but I think it was somewhere around 500 baht, including breakfast. So for 500 baht, the train takes you 12 hours south, with overnight stay and food in the morning!

You can buy drinks and other foods aboard the train. Also beer :)

TIP: Try to avoid the upper beds in the train, because in a upper bed,you will be sleeping next to the airconditioning ( freezing at night!! ) and a fluorescent lamp, shining over your little curtain....and the beds are slightly smaller than lower beds. Also a little bit cheaper though! So it's up to you :)

• phil_uk_net's Profile Photo

Bus from Surat Thani and scam warning

by phil_uk_net Updated Jun 7, 2003

I booked both my accommodation and onward travel for the next day at the pier when I arrived from Koh Tao.
    Although Lonely Planet warn of this I was scammed with the bus.
    I paid for an A/C bus. In the morning when I was waiting for the bus to collect me a guy on a motorbike turned up. I was quite annoyed because the previous evening I had seen a bad motorcycle accident and did not want to travel by motorbike. He took me to a travel agents office in town where I waited for about 20 minutes. They then put me on the regular public bus service to Phuket which stops at Khaolak, where I was going. There was no A/C - just open windows and some fans! I'm sure the nornal fare is a lot less than what I paid. Watch out for this little scam.

Ferry To And From Surat

by YaaDong Written Aug 4, 2008

To get to and from Ko Phangan get the ferry at Tha Ban Don.There is a late one to Phangan that leaves at 10 pm.From the pier It takes about an hour to get to the airport

• Sailing and Boating

• phil_uk_net's Profile Photo

Getting to Surat by ferry from Koh Tao

by phil_uk_net Updated Mar 15, 2003

Ferry ticket

From Koh Tao I had to go first to Koh Phangan before getting to Surat Thani. Each leg of the trip costs 250 baht, therefore 500 baht altogether.

• Beaches
    • Sailing and Boating

Instant Answers: Surat Thani

Comments

Surat Thani Transportation

Reviews and photos of Surat Thani transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Surat Thani sightseeing.