Takua Pa Travel Guide

• The restaurant facade (with our friend walking in)
    The restaurant facade (with our friend...
    by Tina-Perth

Takua Pa Restaurants

• Tina-Perth's Profile Photo
    The restaurant facade (with our friend walking in) 1 more image

by Tina-Perth Updated Dec 4, 2005

Well, what a treat this place is. It's very ordinary to look at from the street, (as most of the best Thai dining places are) but as we found out, they don't need to be fancy. This is a highly popular restaurant.

These premises are new. Previously the restaurant was located at Ban Nam Khem, but was damaged in the tsunami. (Takua Pa is the next village).

The kitchen is located at the front of the restaurant, so if you like, you can stand and watch your food being cooked.

Favorite Dish: I am now officially a huge fan of Suki after trying it for the first time here. It was so good that we picked some more up the next day to take home for dinner. It is apparently of Japanese influence, but is a Thai dish. It is a rich broth with blanched vegetables, noodles, seafood, pork and egg stirred through. Extremely delicious. Kind of like a hotpot. The first one we had didn't have the squid or pork, so I guess it varies according to the chef.

We also ordered Ka Nah Bee Hoon. Ka Nah is Chinese Kale and we regularly eat it stir-fried. I asked for it to be added to the Bee Hoon and it was also spot-on!

Service was quick, friendly and the restaurant clean. The toilet, though a squat was spotless which has to be a good indicator of an Asian restaurant's standards of cleanliness.

We ordered 2x Pad Thais (also extremely good), 2x Suki Soups, 1x Bee Hoon, 8 black jelly drinks and all up we paid 242 baht. On the way home we bought 2x Suki and 1x Bee Hoon for 85 baht, so I guess each dish is around 25-30 baht.

• Study Abroad

Takua Pa Favorites

• phil_uk_net's Profile Photo
    What is this?

by phil_uk_net Updated Apr 9, 2003

Fondest memory: While having a drink at a small restaurant I noticed an unusual pet running around. It was very tame, cried like a baby and was having great fun wrestling with the local cat! Can anyone tell me what it is?
    Thanks to Jérôme (jide08) who informs me that this is an otter. I thought it might be but it is strange seeing animals out of context. If it had been on a river bank, fair enough, but running around in someone's home was another matter!

• Travel with Pets

Instant Answers: Takua Pa

Comments

Takua Pa Travel Guide
Map of Takua Pa