Q Bar, Ho Chi Minh City

Know about this? Rate It!

• Front bar at Q Bar with my Aunt talking with a man
    Front bar at Q Bar with my Aunt talking...
    by lalikes
    by 34N118W
  • Q Bar
    by BorderHopper
  • Q Bar: Badluck

by freyafriedan Updated Nov 24, 2009

My friends and I used to come at Q bar and found the place pretty comfortable but till last week, we were very disappointed on how the asst. manager (chubby, bald vietnamese) behaved towards their customers, when it comes dealing with complains.
    We asked them if they can fix or change our drinks but instead the asst. manager was behaving badly. he took our drinks with his arrogant smile and brought them back to us without ice in it and ofcourse it tasted even worst (i dunno how they fixed it). we told the waitress to take them back and we would like to order something else but the asst. manager came to us and started to raise his voice. (one of the problem in most places in Vietnam, is that they are afraid of losing face and they don't wanna hear any complains, cos it would be too much for them to solve it) so we asked for the bill and found out they are charging their customers around 50% more of the listed price after 12 midnight during weekend (this note can be found at the back of the drinks menu front cover, which you can hardly take notice on it unless you read alot) but it didn't says there what drinks and and how much they will charge us, it means they can put any amount they like and I found this very unreasonable because the drinks in this bar are quite expensive already.
    We enlightened the manager about this unfair charges, well, she told us she'll change it (God knows when). hopefully she'll do something about it and trains her staff about good customer service especially to her asst. manager.

Dress Code: no requirements !

• lalikes's Profile Photo

Q Bar: Place to see and be seen without being pretentious

by lalikes Written Oct 5, 2008

Front bar at Q Bar with my Aunt talking with a man

In Saigon, Q Bar is the favourite bar for expatriates and tourists. It's a common place to spot celebrities. The bar has an undeniably exotic ambiance, classy style and an exhaustive drinks' list. In 2001, an extension was made to include a lounge area and an outdoor terrace. This place serves all that you could ever want - from Spanish wines to rare single malts. Its' signature Vodka Martini remains a hot favourite. Finger food is available and so are Sushi and mouth-watering pizzas.

The Martini's rocked. I labeled it as a Nightclub but feels it's more lounge-y.

Dress Code: Dress well.

• Q Bar: Women, beware!!

by jennysantiago Written Dec 4, 2007

i used to be a regular at the QBar for many years... until my friends and i got fed up with how we always get (physically) harassed by men. okay, that happens everywhere... but what is pathetic is how this bar's management and staff condone this behavior. when women get harassed here, Qbar takes the men's side! they make women feel like they are the ones who are giving them problems, when the real problem is that they let men harass women there and get away with it, without even a slap on the wrist.
    no safety and security for women at the Qbar. and until they can assure us of that, my friends and i are never going back there!!!!

• Q Bar: Cool Place

by Cavsrule Written Nov 13, 2006

I really like Q Bar! It is a pretty cool place with a cavern-like feel. You have a choice between a lot of nooks and crannies to hide away into or you can lean against either bar - they have two -or- you can sit out front at a patio table to watch the street action. I don't recall if they have table service except for outside as I only remember ordering drinks from the bar. If they do have service inside, it must be pretty bad because I had to always go to the bar to order drinks when I was inside.

This is another cool place to start your night of clubbing from or head to if the club you're at closes at midnight, like many do. I think they're open until 1:30a or so on Friday / Saturday. When they close, you can head to the Backpacker District to Allez Boo or one of the dives in that area (I try to avoid that area).

The people that hang out here are either expats, business travelers or the upscale and trendy locals. It's not cheap so I'm sure that plays a major role on the type of crowd. Definitely worth a visit! Good "eye candy", too...

Dress Code: Trendy if you want to feel comfortable but I've dropped by in jeans & sneakers and didn't feel out of place.

• Luxury Travel
    • Business Travel

• euzkadi's Profile Photo

Q Bar: Trendy place

by euzkadi Written Oct 18, 2005

After the Apocalypse, we visited this place. Sophisticated people (and some of the whores of the Apocalypse), nice music, and expensive. Its located besides the Municipal Theather, in front of the Caravelle Hotel.

• 34N118W's Profile Photo

by 34N118W Updated Sep 29, 2002

Q Bar

Q Bar is one of Saigon's upscale bars, located on the side of the opera house, just in front of the Caravel Hotel. The layout is interesting with many odd little corridors and nooks, not to mention artsy decor. It used to be one of the trendiest night spots in Siagon. According to local rumor, the original owner lost his business liscence . Now it's just a place for guests of the Caravel to have over priced drinks. However, it's worth a visit. The Opera House is one of the city's fine examples of French Architecture.

Dress Code: You can wear anything in most places.

• BorderHopper's Profile Photo

The Q Bar: The Q Bar

by BorderHopper Written Aug 25, 2002

Owned by a Los Angeles native, David Jacobson, this is one of the hippest (and expensive) bars in Saigon. It's located in the trendiest area of Saigon's District 1.

Instant Answers: Ho Chi Minh City

Comments

View all Ho Chi Minh City hotels