Know about this? Rate It!
Something vietnameses are proud of...
Sinh Cafe's Cu Chi Tunnels tour. Half day trip. Around 2 hrs of bus ride from Sinh Cafe office to Cu Chi Tunnels. Bus is small, and if u have long legs, good luck to you. At Cu Chu Tunnels, u will get to see... err... tunnels (what else??), bobby traps, war-related stuff and so on.
Not for American Vets!
Okay the Cu Chi Tunnels are a tourist trap. And definitely don't take an American vet here. The whole time I was visiting the site, I couldn't help but think what my vet Dad would have felt coming back here. When you first arrive you are fed a propaganda tape which is quite graphic showing dead American GIs at the hands of the Viet Cong. Also here in these tunnels I discovered that I was clausterphobic. Definitely not a good time to discover this. Also if you don't want to get dirty I don't recommend you going through the tunnels because you get a red clay all over your back. Furthermore, mosquitos attack you out in the forest so bring mosquito spray!
- Historical Travel
- Hiking and Walking
The tiny tunnels of Cu Chi
An easy daytrip from HCMC is Cu Chi tunnels, scene of the underground resistance to American occupation during the war. You can crawl through the tunnels, learn about life inside and even fire an AK47.
Laquerware Factory 27-7 Handicraft Company
Booked a Cu Chi tunnel half day tour through Sinh Cafe. Before arriving at the tunnel, we were detoured to the lacquer ware factory about 45 mins out of HCMC. Lots of nice arts pieces.
The Cu Chi Tunnels - shows the 3 layers of tunnels. This display as well as a video recording of the tunnels was in the building before you tour through the grounds. Very interesting.
There are displays of the various bobby traps used during the Vietnam war against the American soldiers at the Cu Chi Tunnels.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save Up To 50% On Hotels
- Orbitz.com Find great deals on Orbitz & pay no hotel change or cancel fees
Ho Chi Minh City Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Nouméa Hotels
- Imouzzer du Kandar Hotels
- Tapos Hotels
- Munster Hotels
- Czech Republic Off The Beaten Path
- Hvar Off The Beaten Path
- Columbus Off The Beaten Path
- Lüneburg Off The Beaten Path
- Florence Off The Beaten Path
- Grand Marais Off The Beaten Path
- Sucre Off The Beaten Path
- Poznan Off The Beaten Path
- Spokane Off The Beaten Path
- Parati Off The Beaten Path
- Morro de Sao Paulo
- Annapolis Off The Beaten Path