Quan An Ngon, Ho Chi Minh City

4 out of 5 stars 34 Reviews

138 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia

• Quan An Ngon
    by f8stop
  • mixed tapioca.  heaven in a glass.  woohoo!
    mixed tapioca. heaven in a glass. ...
    by f8stop
    Inside the restaurant
    by Markyreid
  • Markyreid's Profile Photo

Quan An Ngon: Street food in a restaurant

by Markyreid Updated Sep 6, 2007

Inside the restaurant

A novel idea has bought together the local street vendors in a hygenic and regulated restaurant. The prices are still very cheap, the food is fantastic and the atmosphere is very quaint. Highly recommended.

• haydnesque's Profile Photo

Quan An Ngon: Very Vietnamese

by haydnesque Written Oct 14, 2006

i had a local friend and we decided to eat here. We ordered some Vietnamese spring rolls, pho, snails, some local dessert and drinks. My gosh, its so delicious, man! Mouth watering! Cost only D120,000 ($8.00). Very cheap.

Favorite Dish: snails! Hahaha! The Pho of course!

• pez's Profile Photo

Quan An Ngon: Quan An Ngon

by pez Written Aug 24, 2002

One of the hippest restaurants in HCMC, a fairly traditional building surrounded by a kitchen (yes, surrounded). Feels like you're eating in a market, you can go around and watch the scores of chefs cooking. Not tourist-friendly except for the english translations on the menu. Brilliant.

Favorite Dish: Anything

• Quan An Ngon: Gotta try the snails!!!

by logmanty Updated Sep 22, 2003

This retaurant has the best Vietnamese food around! Everything from snails to fish to all your four legged friends. It's a must try if you ever visit Ho Chi Minh City! I ate here with 10 of my friends and we all gave it a 10 out of 10!!! Foods great, service is great, atmosphere is good too...

Favorite Dish: The steamed snail in limegrass is so yummy that you actually don't mind it much when the slime slides down your throat. Don't forget to try the desert called: Che Suong Sa Hot Luu, It's a combination of sweet jello with coconut milk heaven.

• Work Abroad
    • School Holidays

• XRSIST's Profile Photo

Quan An Ngon: Open Air Restraunt

by XRSIST Written Mar 1, 2007

I've been to Vietnam numerous times, and I usually have lunch or dinner here. Its clean, has lots of variety, quick and decently priced. Have a walk around and have a look at what's cooking!! They pretty much cater for all the main dishes served in Vietnam. Theres not that hasn't been said but a reminder to get in early if you plan to go for dinner, the dinner menu has much more variety! It also gets extremely packed at night and dishes do run out!

Favorite Dish: None of the dishes shined out extremely nice, but they are all above average hence why I keep coming back. I do enjoy what they call the 7 colour desert.

• Quan An Ngon: popular street foods in a nice and clean setting

by nvomy Written Jul 17, 2005
    quan an ngon

The price is higher than the same food elsewhere; but, it's nice that you can find many different things in the same place. You can also walk around to see how the food is prepared.

Favorite Dish: I ordered eggroll. It was okay. Not as good as I expected.

• HongPhat's Profile Photo

Qua'n Ngon: Excellent and very clean restaurant

by HongPhat Written Oct 28, 2011

A luxury site for locals and best for foreigners, where you can get many dishes and the food there is so excellent, is Ngon Inn (Quan An Ngon)

See it by: http://thodia.vn/quan-ngon-ho-chi-minh-2.html

and in its old (physical) address:

Favorite Dish: Many kinds of dish to try

• Quan An Ngon: Awful -worst food in vietnam!

by pjgoodway Written Dec 29, 2011

I have just dined at this restaurant (29/12/2011) and want you to know how awful it was both in terms of food and service. I ordered a beer and beef skewers with rice. The beer was served in a boiling hot glass - just out of the dishwasher and when I informed the waiter he laughed. Then the beef arrived 10 minutes before the rice (despite requests for it to be served) and the beef was then tough as old boots. We've been in Vietnam for two weeks now, and this was the worst food and service I have ever experienced. While the restaurant was full and looked nice, it was let down by the very poor food. I got the impression that we were treated in this way because we were tourists. I'd strongly recommend that you avoid this place.

Favorite Dish: N/A

• Luxury Travel

• Quan an Ngon: Watch out for the Supra Rats!

by fec Written Nov 15, 2010

Having read the good reviews of this restaurant, I was happy to give it a go. It looked truly lovely when entering. However most of the meals on the menu were not available as it was 9.30 at night, from the limited choice available, we made a selection - however our stay was to be short lived. We did not expect rats to be on the menu of course, but neither did we expect them to be running over and around our feet. We left the table immediately but the manager was more concerned about the bill being paid for food that had been ordered and for dishes that had not even been brought out of the kitchen rather than the fact the he had a vermin ridden kitchen and dining room. His only concern was that the bill was paid, despite the fact he had extremely unhappy customers.To beat a hasty exit from the place we thrust the full amount of money into his fist and escaped to the sanctuary of our hotel. Cannot recommend this place.

Favorite Dish: Pho a la Rat!

• Quan An Ngon: Only a Nice Building

by kenmunn Written Nov 25, 2010

Having rejected the restaurant by the same people in Hanoi over 2 years ago, we decided to try the one in HCMC just to see if it was different and a better experience. Oh Well... Its surely a beautiful place. But the experience stops there. While the food is tasty enough, the minuscule portions are a major disappointment (same as Hanoi), and the service at this restaurant was just pitiful. Most of the wait staff just didn't seem to have a clue. And there was no leadership for them anywhere. My companion ordered a full plate meal, grilled sliced beef, rice, veggies. She said it was very nice.. And, it came to the table almost immediately. I ordered a basic green salad, the ox tail soup, and grilled pork ribs with green onion. My companion had completed with her whole meal before I was served the salad. Not any amount of asking could get me a knife and fork for the salad, however I did finally get some salt. The soup was good enough, but the tiny bits of ox tail were tough as leather. All that gone, as well as my patience, and I was finally delivered my pork ribs. And after raising my voice, a knife and fork. Two tiny ribs, with some green onion sprinkled over them. I think there was more meat in the soup than on the ribs. I just hate leaving a restaurant hunting for a place to go eat. So, unless you just like to be seen in a nice location, avoid both the Quan An Ngon restaurants, HCMC and Hanoi.

Favorite Dish: Haven't got one.

• Museum Visits
    • Business Travel

• ccortez's Profile Photo

Quan an Ngon: Best place for Hue Spicy Noodle Soup!!!

by ccortez Updated Jun 14, 2011

I really like the decorations and architecture of this restaurant. It's the right atmosphere to eat local Vietnamese food. Most importantly, the place is clean and nice so I never feel worried about getting stomachache while eating here :)

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish was definitely Hue Spicy Noodle Soup. It has a very authentic taste. I actually found this noodle was more flavorful than Pho. It had the uniquely thick noodles, Vietnamese hams (with pepper) and ham hock~~ yummy! The restaurant did not make the noodles too spicy so I was able to finish the whole bowl :)

• viet street: No More

by atiziano Written Jun 25, 2011

More is now less. Street food for the " white tablecloth" is no more a good dining experience. The first and foremost : Nothing taste good.
    The concept of street food made well and sanitary for all palates , is no more. A Bahn Xeo that is barely filled , the simple bean sprouts are not even edible

NO this places needs to go back, less is more.

Favorite Dish: none

by featherdeane Written Jan 6, 2009

This is a great restuarant, specialising in Vietnamese cuisine, so good infact we ate here 2 out of 3 nights and then tried the one in Hanoi (we prefered Saigon). The ambience was good, the service excellent, the waiters spoke English and will advise you what to eat and then how to eat it, need be. You can't come here and just have 1 meal each - you must order a variety of dishes so you can share like the Asians do. It is far more enjoyable and you get to taste a variety of food.

Favorite Dish: The Vietnamese crab, sweet potatoe and shrimp pancake, the fish soup and to be honest, everything we had was good, except for the drunken rice pudding. Generally speaking Asian desserts are not for Western palates - best stick to the delicious ice-cream.

Instant Answers: Ho Chi Minh City

• misterzro's Profile Photo
    Mar 25, 2013 at 9:35 PM

There was a restaurant named "Quan Ngon" located exactly where is now the so-called "Quan An Ngon". "Quan An Ngon" is trying to take advantages from the fame that the previous brand has built up for years. How can they serve good food when they intentionally fool visitors from the beginning.

Hotels Near Quan An Ngon